Indiana Blood Center

Indiana Blood Center Employer Reviews

The Indiana Blood Center provides a great service to the Central Indiana community
Director, Testing Laboratory (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2014
The Indiana Blood Center provides a great service to Central Indiana hospitals.
Good Learning Experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 4, 2014
It was not a bad place to work. If you like a slow work place environment, you will like it here. The place runs 24/7 and blood drives are scheduled as such.
Mission was the goal
Phlebotomist / Supervisor / Preceptor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: cliques
Dealing with the public was the most enjoyable part of my day spent here.
I learned that mgmt. styles vary dramatically
Not for profit company, I saw a lot of wasted time and money
Co-workers were mostly pleasant
Travel times varied tremendously
Getting to know return donors and being requested for veni- puncture made the job rewarding
Great internship
Intern (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INOctober 14, 2014
Pros: learning what i needed to.
Cons: completed my 160 hours of internship and not a position for me to apply for.
I really enjoyed this job it was for my internship for my degree that I attained in . The training I received gave me the confidence that I could do the job if ever I was given the opportunity. The Director knew his job well and made sure that I was trained in every part of Human Resource assistant.
Fun and productive place to work.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: free activities
Cons: short breaks
Fun and productive place to work. I love working with the donors in a fun setting.
not immpressed
CDL B Driver/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: the pay was decent
Cons: schedule was terrible
schedules were horrible, and micromanagement was extremely petty over the most immature stuff.
Great Co-workers
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Muncie, INJuly 25, 2014
Pros: nice pay
Cons: rough hours no set time
Good job hours are tough, Meet a lot of different people at different location, never at the same location.
very unfair company. sorry but it is true
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Anderson, INJuly 10, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: very unfair to thier employees
greet donors, mini physical, prep donor, stick donor. most enjoyable part. working with the public
Not an organized company to work for
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2014
you are constantly traveling, there is alot of drama, you are not promised 40 hours.
Community helpful and polite with donors
Phlebotomy (Current Employee), Lafayette, INJune 17, 2014
Pros: cooperation with the community.
Cons: travel
A typical day may be 8 to 9 hours. Technical skills to draw components for the lab. Daily contact with donors and the public. Many coworkers have the same job titles. Hardest part of the job is travel. I enjoyed meeting people on a daily basis and feeling I have helped the community.
Working at Indiana Blood Center
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2013
I have gained so much working for Indiana Blood Center over the past 7 years. With an excellent working staff, unlimited opportunities for advancement and the companies continuous efforts to demonstrate top notch customer service, I would rate Indiana Blood Center number 1.
fun and faced paced environment.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), lafayette, inNovember 1, 2013
a very good co. to work for. learned a lot more than what i thought i knew which enhanced my work experience with the co.
Good company, needs better management
Tech (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 7, 2013
Pros: culture, values, mission, pay, benefits
Cons: some of the management, communication gaps
The company is a good company overall, but there is room for improvement in their management and in communication. I am not speaking for all of management.
Love the work, just not enough of it,
Testing Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enough work and hours have been cut
I really enjoy my current job; however, we have recently lost two major clients causing out work load to decrease dramatically. My supervisors and managers know they can come to me because I get things done. Typical day would consist of gathering positive samples and sending them out to another lab for confirmatory testing. Pulling first time donor for special antigen testing. Gathering outside clients and separate the tubes for the different tests. Scan and ship tubes for Parvo testing. Take in and put away reagents and other materials needed for the Testing Lab. Able to work first, second or third shift.
Fun company to worki for
Phlebotomist/Donor Service Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2013
Pros: opportunity for advancement
Cons: high turnover in employees
Excellent training, good management and supervisor. Opportunities for advancement. Job stability.
Worst company I have ever worked for.
Production Technician-Distribution (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2013
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: unprofessional management, vindictive management, worst environment to work in.
My review is based on my experiences at the Indianapolis location. I have never worked under such bad management in my entire career. Most of the management positions are held by associates that do not have business degrees or degrees at all, making their management skills poor at best. One of my biggest issues was lack of professionalism within management from cussing, sleeping with employees and just down right vindictive play. Its unfortunate that the environment is so horrible. The benefits were great, they paid for the majority of school and wages were good. It's shameful that a business that SAVES LIVES can hire such people. It truly sickens me.
Varied hours, Fun work environment, excellent pay scale and advancement opportunity based on skill set
Phlebotomist/ trainer (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJune 22, 2013
Pros: occasional parties to celebrate different events
Cons: long hours on the road sometimes.
This career chad a wide range of hours and responsibilities. One day I could be working in house and drawing from platelet patients and the next day I could be going to a high school blood drives.
Management was broken down into several supervisors. Each one was given a different duty each day.
I was also one of the trainers so I was able to teach and train new employees and current employees on new procedures and standard procedures relevant to each step of their training or continued traning
Love the values, standards and morals
Director, National Marrow Donor Program (Former Employee), 3450 N Meridian StJune 11, 2013
Pros: travelling cross country
Cons: patients that didn't make it
A typical day at work was busy, productive and rewarding. I learned it is rewarding to be a very small cog in the wheel of taking care of patients health. Management was amazing, very open and accessible. Co-workers were all professionals with same values. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with unsuccessful transplants and losing people you worked so closely with and diligently for. The most enjoyable part of the job was flying all over the country.
Fun place to work
Production Lead Technician (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2013
Manufature blood and blood products, deliver STAT blood products, monitor blood products and provide excellent customer service.
Good Place to work
DONOR RECRUITER (Former Employee), Muncie, INFebruary 13, 2013
I had worked in demanding positions and more recently during my five years with the Indiana Blood Center as a Donor Recruiter, face to face and over the phone, building and maintaining the donors data base, encouraging and educating donors to be committed to donate.