Indiana Blood Center Employee Reviews

Poor morale, poor leadership, no work/life balance
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 23, 2017
A typical day at work on mobiles consists of nothing typical! Everyday it is a different misery. You may be scheduled to work 4 am to 2pm and get off at 4pm instead. Then you may have less than 10 hours turn around before you have to head back in to work another cold grueling shift on some freezing bus or pull a cart with 500+lbs of equipment on it thru snow and up hills into a freezing auditorium for set up. You never have set shift. If you're a single parent you might as well forget about this job if you have to pick up at daycare by 6pm because management gives no cares about your personal life. You can work over your scheduled shift all week and then they jump down your throat when you're a few minutes late. The employees complain all day but are complacent and management has heard the same complaints for years now and have done nothing to correct the issues of work/life balance. All I can say is good luck and kiss your personal and family life good bye working on mobiles.
Good work environment
Blood Collection Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2017
I am currently pleased with my job and position, however I would like to have more scheduled work hours and overtime when needed.
Fun, Outgoing, fast paced
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 2, 2016
This is a great place to work if you love the medical field and love working with new people everyday, but if you don't like needles it's probably not the place for you.

A typical day at the blood center is either really early or pretty late, not usually too much in between and it changes every day according to the business of which you will be visiting that day and their preference. This would be a hard job for a single parent. But you get all your stuff together and you get with your team for the day(which changes pretty much every single day) and you hop in the bus or the van and drive where ever the blood drive is. The blood drives are either really really busy and hectic or pretty slow and steady. You get there an hour early set up your blood drive and wait for the donors to arrive.

The Indiana Blood Center just had a change in management, I was only there for another two months after the new executives moved in but some were there to help, some were not.

I have stayed in touch with most of the people I worked with there. You spend so much time with them they become like your second family and when you haven't seen each other in a month or two its like a reunion once you finally work together again. All the co-workers are so much fun. Everybody has their own personalities and beliefs and everyone respects them there no matter what.

The hardest part of the job is when we go to high schools and one kid after another has a slight reaction. The kids usually laugh it off afterwards but it is tough getting the kids out of that cycle once one goes, they all go.
  more... But high schools are also a lot of fun. You meet a lot of amazing kids there.

The most enjoyable part of my day is when I go to wake up late, and talking to the donors. The donors are such great people. Every now and again you will get someone who is grumpy but all of Indiana Blood Centers Donors are so awesome and we love them so much!!!!
Pros
Travel Indiana, Lunch Dates around the city every day with co-workers, and meeting new fun and interesting people everyday.
Cons
Can be very busy and the carts with all the mobile supplies can be heavy when there is a hill
productive place to work
Assist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis INSeptember 11, 2015
The job is flexible with schooling, there is room for advancement, the benefit got reduced because the company merged with some blood banks
Productive and rewarding. Sharing vital information to the world about the importance of giving blood.
Platelets Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2015
A typical day was meeting and exceeding the goal as to how many people I could set an appointment for to come and donate blood and time.
Pros
Meeting people and saving lives
Cons
Seeing some pepole refuse to help
Family oriented crew
Phlebotomist/Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 18, 2015
I loved the Blood Center, all except for the hours. Some times I go in early of a morning and sometime later in the afternoon. I would start my day by loading the truck or bus with the proper equipment. I would then transport my crew to the phlebotomy site. I performed phlebotomy procedures as well. We worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was trying to hit a vein on someone that didn't drink enough water that day. The most enjoyable part was meeting different people everyday.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Work Schedule
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2015
A company to learn and grown in. Opportunity for advancement, tuition reimbursement, personalized training. Leadership with heart.
Pros
all
A great place to work.
Assistant Manager, Blood Collection (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 5, 2015
I enjoyed working with staff and volunteer donors. The normal workday consisted of a fast-pace friendly working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to hear the personal stories of why donors continue to donate and listening to the success stories of survivors.
The Indiana Blood Center provides a great service to the Central Indiana community
Director, Testing Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2014
The Indiana Blood Center provides a great service to Central Indiana hospitals.
Good Learning Experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 4, 2014
It was not a bad place to work. If you like a slow work place environment, you will like it here. The place runs 24/7 and blood drives are scheduled as such.
Mission was the goal
Phlebotomist / Supervisor / Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2014
Dealing with the public was the most enjoyable part of my day spent here.
I learned that mgmt. styles vary dramatically
Not for profit company, I saw a lot of wasted time and money
Co-workers were mostly pleasant
Travel times varied tremendously
Getting to know return donors and being requested for veni- puncture made the job rewarding
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Cliques
Great internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 14, 2014
I really enjoyed this job it was for my internship for my degree that I attained in . The training I received gave me the confidence that I could do the job if ever I was given the opportunity. The Director knew his job well and made sure that I was trained in every part of Human Resource assistant.
Pros
Learning what I needed to.
Cons
Completed my 160 hours of Internship and not a position for me to apply for.
Fun and productive place to work.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2014
Fun and productive place to work. I love working with the donors in a fun setting.
Pros
Free activities
Cons
Short breaks
not immpressed
CDL B Driver/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2014
schedules were horrible, and micromanagement was extremely petty over the most immature stuff.
Pros
the pay was decent
Cons
schedule was terrible
Great Co-workers
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 25, 2014
Good job hours are tough, Meet a lot of different people at different location, never at the same location.
Pros
Nice Pay
Cons
Rough hours no set time
very unfair company. sorry but it is true
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJuly 10, 2014
greet donors, mini physical, prep donor, stick donor. most enjoyable part. working with the public
Pros
training
Cons
very unfair to thier employees
Not an organized company to work for
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2014
you are constantly traveling, there is alot of drama, you are not promised 40 hours.
Community helpful and polite with donors
Phlebotomy (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 17, 2014
A typical day may be 8 to 9 hours. Technical skills to draw components for the lab. Daily contact with donors and the public. Many coworkers have the same job titles. Hardest part of the job is travel. I enjoyed meeting people on a daily basis and feeling I have helped the community.
Pros
Cooperation with the community.
Cons
Travel
Working at Indiana Blood Center
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2013
I have gained so much working for Indiana Blood Center over the past 7 years. With an excellent working staff, unlimited opportunities for advancement and the companies continuous efforts to demonstrate top notch customer service, I would rate Indiana Blood Center number 1.
fun and faced paced environment.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  lafayette, inNovember 1, 2013
a very good co. to work for. learned a lot more than what i thought i knew which enhanced my work experience with the co.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana Blood Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8