Indiana Blood Center Employee Reviews

Productive and rewarding. Sharing vital information to the world about the importance of giving blood.
Platelets Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2015
A typical day was meeting and exceeding the goal as to how many people I could set an appointment for to come and donate blood and time.
Pros
Meeting people and saving lives
Cons
Seeing some pepole refuse to help
Family oriented crew
Phlebotomist/Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 18, 2015
I loved the Blood Center, all except for the hours. Some times I go in early of a morning and sometime later in the afternoon. I would start my day by loading the truck or bus with the proper equipment. I would then transport my crew to the phlebotomy site. I performed phlebotomy procedures as well. We worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was trying to hit a vein on someone that didn't drink enough water that day. The most enjoyable part was meeting different people everyday.
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
work schedule
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2015
A company to learn and grown in. Opportunity for advancement, tuition reimbursement, personalized training. Leadership with heart.
Pros
all
A great place to work.
Assistant Manager, Blood Collection (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 5, 2015
I enjoyed working with staff and volunteer donors. The normal workday consisted of a fast-pace friendly working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to hear the personal stories of why donors continue to donate and listening to the success stories of survivors.
The Indiana Blood Center provides a great service to the Central Indiana community
Director, Testing Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2014
The Indiana Blood Center provides a great service to Central Indiana hospitals.
Good Learning Experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 4, 2014
It was not a bad place to work. If you like a slow work place environment, you will like it here. The place runs 24/7 and blood drives are scheduled as such.
Mission was the goal
Phlebotomist / Supervisor / Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2014
Dealing with the public was the most enjoyable part of my day spent here.
I learned that mgmt. styles vary dramatically
Not for profit company, I saw a lot of wasted time and money
Co-workers were mostly pleasant
Travel times varied tremendously
Getting to know return donors and being requested for veni- puncture made the job rewarding
Pros
good pay
Cons
cliques
Great internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 14, 2014
I really enjoyed this job it was for my internship for my degree that I attained in . The training I received gave me the confidence that I could do the job if ever I was given the opportunity. The Director knew his job well and made sure that I was trained in every part of Human Resource assistant.
Pros
learning what i needed to.
Cons
completed my 160 hours of internship and not a position for me to apply for.
Fun and productive place to work.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2014
Fun and productive place to work. I love working with the donors in a fun setting.
Pros
free activities
Cons
short breaks
not immpressed
CDL B Driver/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2014
schedules were horrible, and micromanagement was extremely petty over the most immature stuff.
Pros
the pay was decent
Cons
schedule was terrible
Great Co-workers
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 25, 2014
Good job hours are tough, Meet a lot of different people at different location, never at the same location.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
rough hours no set time
very unfair company. sorry but it is true
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJuly 10, 2014
greet donors, mini physical, prep donor, stick donor. most enjoyable part. working with the public
Pros
training
Cons
very unfair to thier employees
Not an organized company to work for
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2014
you are constantly traveling, there is alot of drama, you are not promised 40 hours.
Community helpful and polite with donors
Phlebotomy (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 17, 2014
A typical day may be 8 to 9 hours. Technical skills to draw components for the lab. Daily contact with donors and the public. Many coworkers have the same job titles. Hardest part of the job is travel. I enjoyed meeting people on a daily basis and feeling I have helped the community.
Pros
cooperation with the community.
Cons
travel
Working at Indiana Blood Center
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2013
I have gained so much working for Indiana Blood Center over the past 7 years. With an excellent working staff, unlimited opportunities for advancement and the companies continuous efforts to demonstrate top notch customer service, I would rate Indiana Blood Center number 1.
fun and faced paced environment.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  lafayette, inNovember 1, 2013
a very good co. to work for. learned a lot more than what i thought i knew which enhanced my work experience with the co.
Good company, needs better management
Tech (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 7, 2013
The company is a good company overall, but there is room for improvement in their management and in communication. I am not speaking for all of management.
Pros
culture, values, mission, pay, benefits
Cons
some of the management, communication gaps
Love the work, just not enough of it,
Testing Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2013
I really enjoy my current job; however, we have recently lost two major clients causing out work load to decrease dramatically. My supervisors and managers know they can come to me because I get things done. Typical day would consist of gathering positive samples and sending them out to another lab for confirmatory testing. Pulling first time donor for special antigen testing. Gathering outside clients and separate the tubes for the different tests. Scan and ship tubes for Parvo testing. Take in and put away reagents and other materials needed for the Testing Lab. Able to work first, second or third shift.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not enough work and hours have been cut
Fun company to worki for
Phlebotomist/Donor Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2013
Excellent training, good management and supervisor. Opportunities for advancement. Job stability.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Cons
high turnover in employees
Worst company I have ever worked for.
Production Technician-Distribution (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2013
My review is based on my experiences at the Indianapolis location. I have never worked under such bad management in my entire career. Most of the management positions are held by associates that do not have business degrees or degrees at all, making their management skills poor at best. One of my biggest issues was lack of professionalism within management from cussing, sleeping with employees and just down right vindictive play. Its unfortunate that the environment is so horrible. The benefits were great, they paid for the majority of school and wages were good. It's shameful that a business that SAVES LIVES can hire such people. It truly sickens me.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
unprofessional management, vindictive management, worst environment to work in.