Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance

Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance Employer Reviews

Only care about Life Insurance
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Hobart, INMay 13, 2014
Pros: good agents, ability to make your own schedule
Cons: financial rating downgraded, management, prices are not competitive
Horrible management with no direction. Managers just want you to sell more and more life insurance because that is how they get their bonuses. Management does not care about taking care of clients or Home and Auto sales. Life insurance is their main concern. Management does not care about you as a person but instead looks at you as a number ie what – more... his sales are. Management is also not qualified to manage and many have never been in a management position but are promoted to management. This shows as they are inept at dealing with people, office problems or their ability to lead. Company tries to write commercial business but really does not want it because they feel the risk is high. This makes it very difficult to compete with other carriers. Farm Bureau also has a membership fee which many complain about and do not want to pay. The cost is $32.50 annually and it does hamper sales. The other agents are good but many will try and take business from each other. CSR/secretaries make your day awful. I know some very good ones that do their jobs but I had some very lazy ones. They would take forever to process apps, shop online, be rude to clients etc. – less
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Lowell, INFebruary 14, 2014
Productive place to work and the people are very nice and easy to get along with. They also have great insurance deals!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), New Albany, INJanuary 29, 2014
Family first, customer service focus, insurance and marketing
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: insurance, retirement, pto
Cons: salary increases, advancement
I worked Monday - Friday 8am-5pm. The office was staffed with a manager, office coordinator, 4 csr's, 5 agents and 4 claims representatives. I was assigned to 1 agent and kept his filing and any necessary work completed daily.

Upon arriving, I signed onto the computer systems / phone system and started sorting the mail. I distributed mail to all agents, – more... claims, csr's and manager. I answered phones and waited on walk-in customers through-out the day. I took payments and helped with any customer concerns, including billing, claims and writing new policies.

The hardest part of the job, was when I couldn't help someone. I don't like transferring a client, if I can do it myself.

The most enjoyable part was working with people and helping them. When I left, several clients hugged me and told me how much they would miss me.

I learned that people like to have good customer service. Also, you can make the angriest person calmer, just by listening and understanding. – less
I worked with some really nice people
Agent (Former Employee), EvansvilleAugust 20, 2013
I enjoyed getting to know different people from all branches.
Overall a pretty good place to work
Agent (Current Employee), Bloomington, INAugust 5, 2013
A good place to work. I am not looking to leave because I don't like the company. I'm needing to relocate due to personal reasons. The company itself is great.
This is a great place to work if you are a licensed insurance agent!
Production Assistant (Current Employee), Lowell, INMay 13, 2013
Pros: good hours, good location, great environment
Cons: no room for improvement
The management team is great at Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance. Everyone is very easy going and it is overall a great company if you are an insurance agent!
I enjoyed the daily work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: work hours and benefits
Cons: management
Monday thru Friday 8-5 was great. I received my P&C License. There was no true management in our office. They were there in body but not mind. Co-workers were great and friendly and willing to always help. Hardest part of the job was no support from the management. Most enjoyable was working with the clients and helping them with all their needs.
Good Call Center atmosphere
Indianapolis, IN (Former Employee), Call Center RepresentativeNovember 7, 2011
Pros: good management staff.
Cons: work schedules stink if you're at the bottom
Pretty good as call centers go. Great benefits. They definitely promote from within. I was promoted to an Agent position shortly after 2 years of working there. Work schedules are based on performance, not seniority.