Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance Employee Reviews

Auto, Home & Life with emphasis on LIFE
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INJune 2, 2016
Service existing clients; generate new sales through personalized individual contact with a heavy emphasis on LIFE insurance.

Success within this organization is up to the individual and their ability to generate personalized relationships selling life insurance.

Regardless how well a person's ability to service and sell clients insurance, if it is not mostly life insurance they will struggle to succeed.
Pros
Unlimited Income potential
Cons
Constant emphasis on selling life insurance
Great Employer
Marketing Assocoate (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 1, 2016
The best thing about this job is that I was given a chance with no prior insurance experience. The atmosphere can be sometimes tense, but I love what I have learned since I have started. I learn something new and exciting daily. Very grateful for this job.
Pros
Great Rewards, family oriented, caring company, great bonuses
Cons
Terrible benefits for part time associates
Solid work environment with opportunity for job change.
Agent Contracting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2016
This company is always willing to work with its employees for continued growth. The company itself is in a growth phase as well. It's a somewhat stressful environment, but mostly because there is so much to do.
Great people!
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Loogootee, INApril 16, 2016
Great company and people are great as well, insurance just wasn't the job for me. I did become a lot more knowledgeable in regards to insurance while employed at Farm Bureau.
Lots of Income potential
Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INMarch 3, 2015
This job is whatever you make it. If you are not willing to put in the hard work and hours you will never make it. It is a fun place to work.
Very Corporate, not for me
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Delphi, INFebruary 14, 2015
I thought going to work for Farm Bureau would be a great experience, however it is very corporate and a very dependent of whether you sell a TON of life insurance. If you don't or can't sell a very high volume of life insurance they do not want to keep you. In fact if you sell as much life insurance as they want you too you would be the #1 life salesperson in the entire state of Indiana for some other companies.
Fun work environment with flexible work hours
Employee Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INNovember 3, 2014
Friendly co-workers in a positive working environment. Able to work with clients to make sure they were properly insured at a time of loss.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, friendly and helpful staff
Cons
Very commision based.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 16, 2014
I would arrive 15-30 minutes before 8:00am to get computer up and running and count the money drawer from the day before. Constantly learning insurance principles and guidelines plus learning how to handle inquiries from insureds' questions regarding their policies. Management was very helpful and encouraging and held CSR "workshops" for our further enrichment. The hardest part of the job was sometimes having to tell insureds answers that disappointed them or that they really didn't want to hear coverage-wise. Most enjoyable was being able to give insureds good news and answers they were happy to hear!
Highly competative sales enviornment, long hours, however very good commision.
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Albion, INJune 5, 2014
I enjoyed and excelled during my employment as an Independent Insurance Agent with Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance.

I resigned to be able to focus more on my family and myself. I was ready for set hours and benefits, and willing to take a considerable pay cut to obtain that.
Pros
Insentive trips, Bonuses, safe and posative work enviorment.
Cons
Long hours, no job security, no health benefits, or 401k.
Only care about Life Insurance
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INMay 13, 2014
Horrible management with no direction. Managers just want you to sell more and more life insurance because that is how they get their bonuses. Management does not care about taking care of clients or Home and Auto sales. Life insurance is their main concern. Management does not care about you as a person but instead looks at you as a number ie what his sales are. Management is also not qualified to manage and many have never been in a management position but are promoted to management. This shows as they are inept at dealing with people, office problems or their ability to lead. Company tries to write commercial business but really does not want it because they feel the risk is high. This makes it very difficult to compete with other carriers. Farm Bureau also has a membership fee which many complain about and do not want to pay. The cost is $32.50 annually and it does hamper sales. The other agents are good but many will try and take business from each other. CSR/secretaries make your day awful. I know some very good ones that do their jobs but I had some very lazy ones. They would take forever to process apps, shop online, be rude to clients etc.
Pros
Good agents, ability to make your own schedule
Cons
Financial rating downgraded, management, prices are not competitive
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, INFebruary 14, 2014
Productive place to work and the people are very nice and easy to get along with. They also have great insurance deals!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJanuary 29, 2014
Family first, customer service focus, insurance and marketing
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 24, 2014
I worked Monday - Friday 8am-5pm. The office was staffed with a manager, office coordinator, 4 csr's, 5 agents and 4 claims representatives. I was assigned to 1 agent and kept his filing and any necessary work completed daily.

Upon arriving, I signed onto the computer systems / phone system and started sorting the mail. I distributed mail to all agents, claims, csr's and manager. I answered phones and waited on walk-in customers through-out the day. I took payments and helped with any customer concerns, including billing, claims and writing new policies.

The hardest part of the job, was when I couldn't help someone. I don't like transferring a client, if I can do it myself.

The most enjoyable part was working with people and helping them. When I left, several clients hugged me and told me how much they would miss me.

I learned that people like to have good customer service. Also, you can make the angriest person calmer, just by listening and understanding.
Pros
Insurance, retirement, pto
Cons
salary increases, advancement
I worked with some really nice people
Agent (Former Employee) –  EvansvilleAugust 20, 2013
I enjoyed getting to know different people from all branches.
Overall a pretty good place to work
Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 5, 2013
A good place to work. I am not looking to leave because I don't like the company. I'm needing to relocate due to personal reasons. The company itself is great.
This is a great place to work if you are a licensed insurance agent!
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, INMay 13, 2013
The management team is great at Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance. Everyone is very easy going and it is overall a great company if you are an insurance agent!
Pros
Good hours, good location, great environment
Cons
no room for improvement
I enjoyed the daily work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INFebruary 21, 2013
Monday thru Friday 8-5 was great. I received my P&C License. There was no true management in our office. They were there in body but not mind. Co-workers were great and friendly and willing to always help. Hardest part of the job was no support from the management. Most enjoyable was working with the clients and helping them with all their needs.
Pros
work hours and benefits
Cons
management
Good Call Center atmosphere
Indianapolis, IN (Former Employee) –  Call Center RepresentativeNovember 7, 2011
Pretty good as call centers go. Great benefits. They definitely promote from within. I was promoted to an Agent position shortly after 2 years of working there. Work schedules are based on performance, not seniority.
Pros
good management staff.
Cons
work schedules stink if you're at the bottom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.