INDIANA MASONIC HOME Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Productive and rewarding place to work.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Franklin,indianaJuly 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is the residents I work for. My direct supervisor is a great teaching tool for me and we have a good communication system. I am always willing to learn something new to make my job more productive.The hardest part of this job will be saying good bye when I have to move away.
Pros
Patient and family satisfaction.
terrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INJuly 20, 2015
i wouldn't ever put any family members in this place. i wouldnt send anyone her for a job and i sure wouldn't place my grandparents here to live.
Trying to change with the ever evolving Health Care Industry.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 31, 2013
The Indiana Masonic Home is a facility that incompasses all aspects of independent living as a retirement community. Residents live in their own private homes, apartments within, assisted living, and medical center. I have helped patients at all levels of maintaining their independence.
Pros
family environment
Cons
different levels of living can sometimes be isolated
Interesting Place with a Interesting History
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INNovember 21, 2013
Facility is well built and has so much culture and history to offer. Staff are not able to work together very well, has difficulty getting along. Staff seem to be about the job being over rather than getting the job done. Facility is working on staffing, but has a long way to go.
Pros
activities for staff
Cons
hostile environment for new nurses/cna's
great place, with many caring people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJanuary 2, 2013
a typical day at work, was cleaning up after third shift.

I learnd that sometimes no matter how much you try, you can't always please the residents, because they may not be happy with themselves, but never stop trying.

What I enjoyed the most, was helping residents, and making them smile.
Pros
making new friends
Cons
no free lunch, and no breaks most of time.
Productive place to work for a first job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INAugust 20, 2013
Its an okay place to work for a first job. The only thing is that you get to know the residents and you know that any day that you come back they couldn't be there anymore.
Good Employer
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin,INDecember 26, 2011
Nice place to work. Friendly people with a relaxing atmosphere. Great place to work if you enjoy helping others. Everyone works well together.
Excellent place to work!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INApril 3, 2013
Everyone works together to get things done efficiently. Management always willing to help out.
Loved working with dementia patients but could be very challenging.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INDecember 29, 2013
Went in at 2 pm, got report, pill pass from 3-5 pm, assisted with feeds for dinner, I would go to dinner and upon return do evening med pass and treatment, preform accu checks and administer insulins. Throughout the night I would obtain vital signs on those patients necessary, assist with ADL's, do additional assessments as needed such as falls, skin, nuero, and so forth. I learn new things everyday, little things about patient lives to big things like how to administer new medications or treatments. The most difficult part of my job is trying to keep a confused patient calm and remind them where they are and that they are safe, consistency is your best friend in this situation. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing someone smile when the tell you about their past, when they remember something such as a loved one in a picture or just a memory they want to share. Management is there to help for the most part, they make the rules and regulations and do their best to do what's best for the patient and staff, but could make it easier if they took more information for staff prior to jumping into decisions. Co-workers can make or brake a unit, I feel it is very important for everyone on a unit from housekeeping to unit secretary to CNA's to nursing staff and unfortunately this does not happen very often.
Pros
routine lunches and breaks
Cons
lack of lunches or breaks