The purpose of this position is to support the functions of the Director of Facilities and Maintenance by performing professional work involving maintenance coordination, scheduling required inspections of buildings and infrastructure systems, updating and/or creating maps and design drawings, inspecting buildings and scheduling maintenance projects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Support and assist the Director of Facilities and Maintenance in daily project coordination.
2. Communicate/coordinate schedules with all contractors who perform inspections and/or repairs to buildings and equipment on the Fairgrounds.
3. Inspect buildings after shows and events for damage.
4. Follow up on repairs made to buildings and the costs of these repairs.
5. Maintain records of utilities inspections as required by the State of Indiana.
6. Inspect the work being done by contractors working on the grounds and ensure contract terms are followed.
7. Update construction records and documents including CAD drawings.
8. Develop and maintain inventories of infrastructure assets and coordinate with the Event Services Team to ensure the protection of assets during setup activities.
9. Provide technical support to all departments as needed with drawings of buildings and grounds.
10. Provide input on the ISFC’s Facility Maintenance Master Plan.
1. Excellent project management skills: Able to develop plans that are effective in attaining established goals; garners resources and defines processes to complete projects; manages progress and implements mid-stream changes as needed.
2. Excellent attention to detail: Able to follow detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data; concentrates on details and organizes and maintains accurate records.
3. Results oriented: Able to manage progress toward operational effectiveness; can implement preventative measures; confronts problems head on and takes decisive action.
4. Strong customer focus: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs.
5. Strong ability to prioritize: Able to use sound judgment in evaluating the relative urgency of various issues; appropriately classifies in terms of time sensitivity, impact, complexity, importance, etc.
6. Excellent decision maker: Able to take timely action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to consider options and uses reason and analysis to pick best solution.
1. Post-high school degree or certification in Building Trades Technology or a related field.
2. Background in construction: knowledge of applicable building codes, construction materials, methods and inspection techniques; ability to read and interpret construction plans, specifications, contracts and documentation.
3. At least 4 years’ supervisory experience.
4. High level skills in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and other design-based software.
5. Currently certified in or willing to complete training in employee safety and safe equipment operation.
This position requires substantial judgment, analytic ability and creativity, such as investigating complex problems or situations, analyzing information and recommending solutions.
This position may be required to provide guidance and supervision to members of the Facility Maintenance Team and Facility Enhancement Team.