The Sponsorship Sales Manager is an important revenue-generating and relationship manager position for the ISFC. The purpose of this position is to generate revenue/sales and participating/leading sales activity for year-round and State Fair events and programming with primary focus on patron revenue, building signage revenue, event sponsorships and ticket-package selling for the Coliseum and Youth Arena.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Assist with the execution of ISFC’s annual sales plans and goals for the Coliseum and Youth Arena by performing the following: Sponsorship/advertising sales (corporate and individual), selling organizational sponsorships, selling event, tenant and facility specific sponsorships on both a year-round and per-event basis.
2. Work directly with the Chief Marketing Officer to maintain brand integrity through onsite activation and fulfillment of the sponsor program.
3. Manage relationships with guests, tenants, clients, sponsors, event supporters and other key stakeholders.
4. Help maintain and manage current, viable prospect lists for new or renewed business.
5. Create dynamic and effective client engagement opportunities to help reach business development goals.
6. Represent the ISFC at community business functions while pursuing ongoing outreach opportunities.
1. Highly customer focused: Able to develop and leverage relationships with existing partners and customers; able to identify potential cross-promotional partners and strategic opportunities.
2. Exceptional interpersonal skills: Able to relate effectively to a wide range of people, personalities and demographics locally, regionally and nationally.
3. Ability to prioritize and manage projects: Able to use sound judgment in evaluating the relative urgency of various issues; able to develop plans, direction and guidance on projects from conception to completion.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken and written word; interprets and communicates complex information to associates, customers and partners.
5. Strong independent thinker and team player: Able to offer original thoughts and viewpoints; works closely with other departments; supports group decisions; promotes a positive work environment.
6. Strong financial acumen: Demonstrates knowledge and experience in developing and managing budgets, maintaining sound fiscal policy and preparation of financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in Marketing, Business, or Communications preferred.
- At least five years applicable experience in sponsorship sales, marketing, business development, fundraising and/or relationship management. Experience with public assembly facilities is strongly preferred.
This position requires a high level of judgment, analytic ability and creativity in investigating complex problems, analyzing information and recommending solutions.
This position has supervisory responsibility over Sales Coordinator and Sponsorship Sales intern positions.
This position will receive general direction from the Chief Marketing Officer and/or the Chief Operating Officer, who will establish broad goals. The employee participates heavily in setting work objectives.