Indiana State Fair Commission Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
management was unfair
T-Shirt Security (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2016
long days in the heat keeping fair goers safe from vehicles and montering passed for parking areas, there was back stabbing all the time and it was mostly for fear of job security and position
Not a secure place to work!!!
Procurement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 29, 2012
The Indiana State Fair has poor managerment, no inside advancement and no pay compensation or values for the workers. I worked for the Fairgrounds for 10 years and on Jan.28,2010 during lunch they called me in the office told me I was being let go and ask if I could be off the grounds within 10 min. and thats the way the state of Indiana does there 10 year workers. After 10 years of work and no trouble the gave no help and within 2 weeks of leting me go they were hireing other people and I never got a call back.

THANK YOU TO THE STATE OF INDIANA!
Cons
no job security, and no values for workers
Fun place to work with a "family" environment.
Event Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2012
A typical day involved mailing contracts for shows using our venues, taking campground reservations, as well as working on the planning process for the fundraiser Denim & Dirt. I learned a lot about time management, customer service, cold-calling, as well as working with others to make sure an event runs smoothly. The management there was good to ensure that I, as an intern, always had tasks to complete so I wasn't just sitting there bored. They were friendly and tried to make sure I learned as much as possible. My co-workers were friendly and made the environment fun. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on Denim & Dirt and planning the menu for that.
Pros
fun environment to work for.
Cons
there weren't really any major cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana State Fair Commission. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5