Indiana University Health Employee Reviews

Bully Hospital workers and Cuthroats !!!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2017
Always in need of workers. I wonder why ? A bunch of arrogant management and supervisors that thinks they are a gift from GOD.Bully supervisors. Worst local hospital to work for.
Pros
Workers allways needed
Love my team and helping others
Director of Communications (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2017
I work with a big team that is creative and collaborative. We work hard but we work together. I can have flexible hours if i need them and people are really supportive if you have sick kids or parents or just need to take care of life's issues. My job can be fast paced but that's how I like it. I can't stress enough how nice the people are.
Pros
Supportive environment; Great co-workers
Cons
A little short on resources but we're a non-profit
I loved my job
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 22, 2017
I enjoyed my job very much, I traveled from the IU hospital to the other IU facilities to work. I got to work in the ER, inpatients, outpatients, surgery, and float to the other facilities. I enjoyed the people I worked with, the knowledge I gained at the other places, and always working with the patients and doctors.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
hard to get lunch breaks, but that is always in healthcare so I am used to it haha
Iu health
TRANSFORMATION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2017
The culture of IU Health is phenomenal with many incentives to perform your best. The leadership is great and encourages feedback and critique from employees. One negative side of the organization is that it is hard to get promoted within. I applied to several jobs on the IUH career page that I was over-qualified for and received no response back.
Pros
culture of leadership
Cons
not easily promoted within the organization
Amazing
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2017
It is an amazing organization to work for. I am looking for part time work as well to get my son through college. I could not say enough great things about this organization.
Pros
amazing organizatoin
Productive day/ Great work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2017
Working there was a great experience and i loved the work i did. The management there sucked but hopefully its better since i left. i loved the environment i was in because you get to see different things every day and get to help. it makes your day go by fast.
Healthy Work Environment
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2017
I come to work everyday for my patients and my staff members. We are a cohesive group. We have a very difficult patient population; however we all work together to provide quality care. IU Health is a great organization to work for. Upper management is very transparent.
Awful Workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, IN 47403June 15, 2017
I worked at IU Health Bloomington for a little under a year. This system prides itself on being the top in the state but is far from it if you ask me. Awful work environment nurses have bad attitudes. I haven't found one that enjoys their job. Everyone is nasty to each other as well as to the patients. Completely unacceptable. The pay is also very low and no breaks since I started, not even during training.
Cons
No breaks, Understaffed, unfriendly environment, watch your back
Go in to work get your cart and start to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 15, 2017
It was a good place to work at time. I love my job in er you had to move fast. I just can't have full time now that I retried . I do went to work part time because I have work all my life. if you give me a job you would be happy with the why I work.
Pros
You can have a easy day.
Cons
Lots of time you have lots of people and they went to be frist.
IU Health
Clinical Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2017
IU Health is a very fast paced cultured place to work. I have learned so much in such little time. The leadership here is very encouraging when you want to grow and take another position or have interest in learning something new. The hardest part about my job is working in healthcare and constantly thinking of the hardship our patients face daily but the most satisfying part is that they turn to us as one of the top leading hospital systems in health care to provide them with the care they need.
unorganized
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2017
Great place to work but it was very unorganized and had a high turn over rate. I love working for the hospital and handling medical bills for patients.
Pros
Recognition
Cons
unorganized
IU Helath Bloomington
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 7, 2017
The staff was outstanding, they kept me coming back daily. The workload became more and more stressful as the company's patient load expanded and the staffing was unable to keep up.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Workload
It's a good job to have when you are in college.
Tech Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 5, 2017
It was a great place to really get a start in building your career chops up for a serious job. If you are the type of person that would prefer to work on campus and engage in the day to day with students and professors, working for the school could be a great thing.
Good job to have while in college
Night staff desk worker (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 5, 2017
I had this job during my second year away at college. I worked 3 hour and 30 minute shifts between the hours of 12 am - 7 am. With this job I answered phones, I signed guests in and helped the residents of the dorm with anything or any questions they had.
There was a lot of down time so I would spend that time doing homework. I also got to meet a lot of the people that I lived with in this building.
Average job
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2017
Overall, the experience at IU health was an average one. The most interesting part of the job was hearing each story of the people recovering. Sometimes just giving a smile was all they needed to brighten their day.
A great place to work
Student Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 4, 2017
I worked here doing my externs. I really enjoyed working here and caring for the patients. The staff were all very helpful and caring. Management was really great .
GUEST RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 4, 2017
Enjoyed working here. Management is always trying to better the process for the patients and their families. Management checked in with employees to see f they were satisfied in their positions.
Patient focused
Clinical Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2017
IU Health is focused on quality patient care. The physicians, leadership and care givers care about outcomes and want feedback from families and staff.
It's ok
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2017
Fun work environment. Pay is not that good. A good stepping stone to another job. The hospital has good food. I felt safe there because we had to punch in a code to get into our department. Nice supervisor and nurses.
Pros
Research
Cons
Pay
IU Health
MEDICAL ASSISTANT| DIABETES AND ENDOCRINOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Avon, INJune 2, 2017
I enjoyed my Co-worker and my physician. I loved helping our patients. I did not feel like management always listened to our concerns or even cared. I felt like as long as there was a warm body to get the job done that is all they cared about. I enjoined my job for several years but unfortunately bad management can ruin everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana University Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Indiana University Health Reviews by Location