Indiana University Health Employee Reviews

Great hospital
staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 18, 2018
I would and do recommend this hospital for employment as well as services. They also offer tuition reimbursement for furthering your nursing education.
Very Stressful
RN (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 18, 2018
I felt like the work was very stressful and busy on the unit. Everyone was nice that I worked with, but it was just too much. Left for a less stressful job.
Great place to work and advance
foodservice operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2018
It was great working there would recommend it to anyone. They care about family and will take your home into consideration. Great benefits to fit the needs of today.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hard work and stressfull
Great company to work for.
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  RCS Indianapolis, INFebruary 16, 2018
Management is not good, very very high call volume, need more reps, work in several different systems daily, great pay and benefits. Company is great just not the lack of management.
fast pace
Registration Specialist/Secretary Otolaryngology (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2018
fast pace busy. cross train work in office with 6 to 7 surgeons, Management was very poor look down upon no ideal on how to speak with her staff, I have nothing good to say about this job and I'm trying to stay positive.
Great manager, good variety of patients
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 15, 2018
Hospital based system with satellite outpatient clinics. Good working environment with people supporting one another. Very seldom had slow periods. Staff challenges each other to keep learning.
Pros
Good pay, understanding manager
Cons
part of a large network
Great company to work for.
Clinic Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2018
I really enjoyed working for IU Health. I left due to personal reasons. enjoyed my work family and the management that I worked under. Good benefits and pay.
Fun place to work
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Avon, INFebruary 14, 2018
I have learned a lot by working here, but I need more of a challenge. I love working here, but I want to use my skills more in a different area of the hospital.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Not challenging enough
Fun and rewarding work environment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 13, 2018
Was able to interact with many patients and develop relationships with patients and staff that extended beyond our few hours of physical therapy each week
Move on to move up
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2018
Very difficult to get noticed in such a large workplace. Too many management changes to develop a relationship with a manager who can champion your growth. Very homogeneous workforce especially at the director and executive level. The organization does not do a good job at weeding out poor managers. Instead good employees must leave to get away from poor management.
Clinical Manager, Orthopedic System Service Line (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2018
great team to work with, management was excellent and hands on when needed. Great growth opportunities and chance for professional growth. Job was not hard as I enjoyed it very much!
Pros
opportunties
Cons
time
big company room for advancement
CLINICAL CODING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2018
I learned a great deal at IU health about coding and billing and Denial Management. They are almost too big now to be able to manage properly, but I loved my job there.
Pros
job security
Cons
manager micromanaged
Fun place to work.
Food and Nutrition Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 4, 2018
Loved working here, coworkers made the job enjoyable, management was good, and I learned a lot about time management, food safety, food preparation, etc.
Good place to work, connection with corporate lacking
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 3, 2018
IU Health Bloomington is a good place to work, however, there is a disconnect between itself and corporate in Indianapolis. It is going through so many changes in leadership that it is confusing and causing issues with job security.
Low Salary
PATIENT SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 2, 2018
Patient Service Assistant position during the time I was there 5 years ago paid only $10.00 per hour. Hard work - very busy - constantly on the move - $10.00hr. was not enough compensation. PTO was accrued based on hours worked - no issue with that - seemed fair.
You can learn a lot but a lot is expected of you...
Compliance Coordinator, Revenue Cycle (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2018
IU Health is a great place to work. You can gain lots of valuable experience but be aware that the work/life balance is not that great and you will be expected to work lots of hours.
Great place to learn
BIOMEDICAL ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 31, 2018
This is a great place to learn starting out in an entry level. It can be trial by fire at times but you are dealing with human safety and this is huge.
IU Health
Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2018
IU Health is a great company to work for and their advancement. Theirs a lot of opportunities to move around with in the company. There are several locations.
Great coworkers/poor management
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2018
IU Health is a great place to work with plenty of opportunity to move around if you play your cards right. My area has great coworkers and but poor management drives a lot of great people away.
Pros
free lunches/great workers
Cons
management
Good
Revenue Cycle Provider Enrollment Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2018
IU Health was a pretty good place to work. Management was fair and there was opportunities to advance if you were interested. Very relaxed environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana University Health. Our community is ready to answer.