Indiana University Health Employee Reviews

I loved the company itself but they need to screen the management a little more.
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 17, 2017
Quite a few of the managers that were newly hired while I was there were more interested in how much they could delegate instead of doing, and would routinely hide from staff for hours on end to avoid helping out.
Working at IUHealth Metohdist gave me confidence to work as a RN.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2017
During my year at IUHealth Methodist I learned many lessons pertinent to providing quality care. I learned to be more flexible, communicate more effectively, and sharpen my critical thinking skills.
Pros
great insurance
Cons
stress related to staffing needs
Did not work here
Stocking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 14, 2017
Indeed is asking for information for this establishment and I did not work here. so I am just filling this is with words to get to next page. I don't see a place to delete.
Poor management and difficult to advance
Electrocardiogram Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 9, 2017
Poor management and difficult to advance. The work is crazy some days and slow others, which is typical in a hospital setting. The coworkers are great though and that makes up most of the job.
Patient Access Specialist
Receptionist/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 8, 2017
A day at IU is different everyday. It be calm and easy or hectic and stressful the next.
I have learned patients, understanding with the patients and has learned a lot of computer skills.
I wouldn't say there is a hard part to this job, just challenging. I like challenges.
It's great meeting new people, and seeing same faces throughout the day. The co-workers are great here.
Cons
No paid holidays
good place to work
Unit Secretary/Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2017
It's a good place to work. there is room for advancement. I have worked here for over 9 years and I would work anywhere else. The only reason I am searching for new employment because I am moving to a new city.
No work/life balance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2017
worked for a chair of dept who worked 24/7 and expected you to do the same. dept manager was deceitful and expected you to work whatever needed. I personally could not do.
It was fun meeting new people
Clincial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 3, 2017
I enjoyed the environment I worked in. Seeing the kids everyday was a plus. The people I worked with were very polite and easy to get along with. I loved the fact that I worked for one of the best children's hospital in Indiana.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Would be seeing all the sick children
misdirected, unenlightened, no way to gain patient loyalty
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 1, 2017
In a for-profit hospital, the bottom line is the almighty dollar, even if one has to cut corners.

In a typical day at work the manager reads the productivity sheet from Indianapolis--how many widgets were recorded, then attends meetings outside the department, consults with selected confab input group for new suggestions of how to bedevil other employees, decide who to fire next, and extract more money from insurance companies and the government.

Management says they're interested in patients as a teaching hospital, but c'mon, they're 'for-profit'; working for the best interest of patients is only for those employees with personal integrity that have been employed at other ethical facilities in the past.
Pros
snazzy color uniforms if you like red and black
Cons
penny-pinching, yet charge employees for toothpicks?
Great Place! Family Friendly
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 29, 2017
Patient Care comes first! As an employee, I can honestly say that my family was equally important. I was able to attend events, and their appointments. I was sad to leave.
Pros
3 day weekend, every weekend
Cons
Lack of staff
Poor management forcing me out
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Avon, INOctober 27, 2017
I worked for 1 year and 3 months as a PRN employee. When a full time position came open, of course, I applied. I enjoyed my work, had never been counseled or written up, and picked up the empty schedule while my manager interviewed people for the position. Due to some end-of-the-year budget changes, a second full time position came up. My manager then approached me to inform me I "just wasn't right" for the job. So I was just fine as long as I volunteered to fill in a full time schedule, but I was not fine to be anything more permanent. It's very frustrating and the fact that she had strung me along for several months proved the dire lack of communication in this company. Yes this is a personal problem but there must be a reason for the severe lack of current managers at this time. I really thought working here would be much better but it's not. Magnet Program for nurses? No, I have worked at Magnet Hospitals before and this has the potential for being one but a long way to go.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Poor communication from upper management, infantile status in the Magnet Program.
Productive and fun work place
RCS Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2017
Verifying insurance and getting authorizations for patients services from insurance companies. It is important to determine medical necessity prior to treatment so patient will not receive bill balance. Management is knowledgeable and available to provide information and escalate issues as needed. The hardest part of the job is communicating with various insurance companies. The most enjoyable part of the job is patient satisfaction.
Excellent place to work
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 20, 2017
great environment, great people, great management and great team players. I learned a lot about the back end of patient care and everyone was very eager to teach the job.
educational opportunities
TRAVEL NURSE AT TRANSPLANT ICU (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2017
environment encourages continued education. Education is easily obtainable. Staff is very supportive and workflow is smooth between units during transfers of care
All they worry about is money
Med tech II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 18, 2017
How munch can we make with the least number of staff. If people check a lot of physicians and nursing staff leaving. Current management is threatening that if we cant do better will be taken over by third party lab.
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2017
Good company is good to work for, focused on patient care. Flexible schedule was one of the reasons I choose the position. Management cared for you not just the numbers.
N/a
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2017
N/A.........I love helping others and if that's something you like to do then this might be the place for you!.......................................................... Come find out for yourself.
Intern
Intern for Perioperative Services (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 10, 2017
I intern there, many places will pay you more then IU health if you look to do the same amount of work or less. IU health makes promises to employees that they sometimes do not deliver.
Work life at IU Health
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2017
Overall IU Health is a great organization.
I am committed to the mission and vision of the organization. However, the culture is political and catered to only a few elite team members. Advancement of minorities is rare and often comes with many invisible strings, which makes it difficult to maintain longevity for many minority leaders. IU Health is not geared towards ensuring the successful advancement of minorities.
Pros
salary and PTO
Cons
work culture is stifling; work politics create bad environment
productive place
Senior Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 8, 2017
I learned a lot there but coworkers and I did not click. the hours were ok and the wages is what may me leave my job of 8 years and now I wish I would of thought it out better.
Pros
discounts
Cons
drama in the work force

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana University Health. Our community is ready to answer.