Indiana University Health Employee Reviews

Never been here.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 7, 2017
I have never been here or worked here so I am not sure why it is asking me to do a random review. I cannot in good conscience review something I was not involved in.
It was great
RCS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2017
Primary responsibilities include Posting insurance payments as well as balancing payments/batches. Experience working with multiple insurance carriers including working with daily deposits.
Not applicable to my experience
Health Plan Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2017
The workplace was dynamic with lots of variety.

Lots of opportunity to learn new dynamics.

Quick growth with results-driven success across the plan.
Pros
learning opportunities
Cons
My area was a boring and unfriendly
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 5, 2017
I had to learn everything about this department and my mentor was not helpful and my direct manager unavailable most the time due to personal reasons. Work place culture was not fun or happy- employees rarely laughed or interacted with each other.
Pros
Nice building and free parking
Cons
unfriendly environment, lack of support to succeed.
IU Health Job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 30, 2017
Loved the job but the hours did not work with my family, I was never home to see them in the afternoon/evenings. I loved working with all the staff at IU Health. Management could have been better when it came to staffing and handling work related issues.
Pros
Enjoyed the job
Cons
sometimes too busy to get a lunch break in the line of work I done
Fun experience
Women's Student Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 30, 2017
I had to attend all practices. Got to play with the team and helped scouting and prepping for upcoming matches. Was always an athlete, so it was fun to see it from the college coaches side of things.
Very Productive
I-Connect Generalist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 30, 2017
I answered calls in a call center setting. I worked for hematology, neurology, dermatology, and rheumatology. It was an inbound center. I would take all the calls for the departments listed above for scheduling appointments, cancelling appointments, and rescheduling appointments. I also put in for Rx refills by emailing the physicians the Patients information and their Rx needed refilled and the pharmacy.
Cons
One call after another, no time to breath
Can be a good place to work
Environmental Services and Food Service Cook (Current Employee) –  IndianaNovember 29, 2017
Can be a good place to work depending on your department. Have some people who are happy to be there, and others not so much. Would like to see more reward programs for people who go above and beyond because employees who just do enough or are buddies with their bosses and receive the same raises as people who work really hard. The great thing is the patients are usually really grateful if you just take a little bit of time to get to know them.
Pros
Can often find exactly the hours you need/want and will train for many positions
Cons
Without a degree it is hard to advance, and pay is lower than other markets for same work
General
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 29, 2017
I would prefer not to say, great team of employees but the management in certain departments have their favorites and aren't as nice with all employees.
ICU Float RN (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 24, 2017
Great place to work. Tons of experience and fantastic co-workers. Management leaves something to be desired, but I feel like you will get that anywhere.
Pros
Great experience, job advancement.
Cons
Compensation doesn't wow. Short staffed often.
N/a
Certified Nurse Assistant/ Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 18, 2017
I have nothing bad to say, besides IU Health could pay their employees more, it's a great place to work, employees can transfer to different departments within the IU Health system
I loved the company itself but they need to screen the management a little more.
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 17, 2017
Quite a few of the managers that were newly hired while I was there were more interested in how much they could delegate instead of doing, and would routinely hide from staff for hours on end to avoid helping out.
Working at IUHealth Metohdist gave me confidence to work as a RN.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2017
During my year at IUHealth Methodist I learned many lessons pertinent to providing quality care. I learned to be more flexible, communicate more effectively, and sharpen my critical thinking skills.
Pros
great insurance
Cons
stress related to staffing needs
Did not work here
Stocking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 14, 2017
Indeed is asking for information for this establishment and I did not work here. so I am just filling this is with words to get to next page. I don't see a place to delete.
Poor management and difficult to advance
Electrocardiogram Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 9, 2017
Poor management and difficult to advance. The work is crazy some days and slow others, which is typical in a hospital setting. The coworkers are great though and that makes up most of the job.
Patient Access Specialist
Receptionist/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 8, 2017
A day at IU is different everyday. It be calm and easy or hectic and stressful the next.
I have learned patients, understanding with the patients and has learned a lot of computer skills.
I wouldn't say there is a hard part to this job, just challenging. I like challenges.
It's great meeting new people, and seeing same faces throughout the day. The co-workers are great here.
Cons
No paid holidays
good place to work
Unit Secretary/Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2017
It's a good place to work. there is room for advancement. I have worked here for over 9 years and I would work anywhere else. The only reason I am searching for new employment because I am moving to a new city.
No work/life balance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2017
worked for a chair of dept who worked 24/7 and expected you to do the same. dept manager was deceitful and expected you to work whatever needed. I personally could not do.
It was fun meeting new people
Clincial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 3, 2017
I enjoyed the environment I worked in. Seeing the kids everyday was a plus. The people I worked with were very polite and easy to get along with. I loved the fact that I worked for one of the best children's hospital in Indiana.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Would be seeing all the sick children
misdirected, unenlightened, no way to gain patient loyalty
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 1, 2017
In a for-profit hospital, the bottom line is the almighty dollar, even if one has to cut corners.

In a typical day at work the manager reads the productivity sheet from Indianapolis--how many widgets were recorded, then attends meetings outside the department, consults with selected confab input group for new suggestions of how to bedevil other employees, decide who to fire next, and extract more money from insurance companies and the government.

Management says they're interested in patients as a teaching hospital, but c'mon, they're 'for-profit'; working for the best interest of patients is only for those employees with personal integrity that have been employed at other ethical facilities in the past.
Pros
snazzy color uniforms if you like red and black
Cons
penny-pinching, yet charge employees for toothpicks?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana University Health. Our community is ready to answer.