Indiana University Health Employee Reviews

A great place to work
REGISTRATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2016
I would come in and make coffee in the morning, log in and check in patients that come in for their treatment, greet the patients, I would also scan, fax, answer the phone and take consults from various Doctor offices. The hardest part of the job was when the treatment was not able to help the patients and they pass away. My co-workers are great we all worked as a team and management was supportive. What I have learned over the past three years was what I enjoy most about my job is knowing that I make a difference in their lives, I make them smile, laugh, and make them feel like it's not the end of the world and they still have life.
Patient is our mission
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2016
Working at patient care is my mission. I enjoy taking care of sick patient and enjoy doing the things I'm doing at work. Making sure before the patient leaving they get everything what they suppose to get and treated right at our office. The hardest part of my job is terminating no show patients because I believe each of individual our patient have right for care when they get sick. Most of enjoyable part of my job is making different patient health being sick to getting well.
Pros
Cons
no holiday pay
Good experience, learnt a lot
Project Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2015
My experience with IU health was great, it was very educative. Everyone was very professional. My supervisor helped me a lot.
RN current employee
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 2, 2015
Great team spirit and supportive floor manager. RN to patient ratio is rather high for the acuity, but we're told this will change.
Pros
Learn about many different medical cases from top specialty physicians
Cons
RN to patient ratio is too high on most days
Unstable environment
Dir,. Organization Effectiveness (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 30, 2015
The organization is in the midst of significant organizational change, to include it's leadership. The culture lacks leaders who are invested in listening to it's people and therefore tends to lead the industry in high turnover and low employee engagement scores.
Pros
Caring culture at the staff level
Cons
Fails to act and leverage opportunities as a unified system
First Nursing Job
RN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2015
I met patients from all over the world that came here for the great doctors. The doctors are the best! Many also practice at Eskenazi. Great learning experience as a brand new nurse!
Great leadership
Get Onboard Active Living Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 13, 2015
Learned a lot about nutrition education. The RDs that ran the cohort were extremely knowledgeable and really cool people.
Productivity at IU Health
Utilization Review Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 11, 2015
I definitely enjoyed the at atmosphere as far as co-workers. It made it enjoyable to come to work and do my job efficiently. Ive learned a variety of skills in my last 8 years here, like how to maneuver in various systems such as excel, word, or outlook. I usually get along with any and everyone. The hardest part of my job is management not taking suggestions from the "worker bees". I think if we are doing the work we should have input on how things could operate more smoothly.The most enjoyable part of the job is fellowship and friends. Ive made friends for life here.
Pros
co-workers make it enjoyable
Cons
no breaks, management not taking suggestions
A typical day at work
Registered Nurse Associate Partner (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2015
A typical day at work was never typical at all which kept the work atmosphere challenging but interesting. You never knew what type of patients you would have each day so every day provided new learning opportunities.
Benefits
Cancer Registrar (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 4, 2015
Benefits are fair for the economy we live in. They do try to keep in the market for fair wages. The hardest part has been adjusting to becoming more associated with IU in Indianapolis.
Seems interesting
department of veterans affairs (Former Employee) –  Cleve/ ohioOctober 29, 2015
I agree with ping pong it gets the mules moving.I would love to work in an environment wher I'm able to utilize my skills, and along have potential to grow.
Enthusiastic and learning working environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 23, 2015
As a Phd student at IU Health, I learn many statistical tools for data analysis from my mentors. This school facilitates me extend my knowledge on clinical data while working with experts.
Great place
Desktop Analyst/Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2015
One of the best places to work in the State of Indiana. A lot of cultural diversity and opportunity if you are willing to show initiative.
Opportunities available
Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2015
This hospital has many opportunities to advance and provides assistance in achieving success. There are many excellent people working with this organization. You learn a lot from those you work with and will gain substantial knowledge about the medical field.
good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2015
great teamwork. never a dull moment. very fast paced environment. could use more staff in ICU areas. good hours and benefits.
Indiana University Health
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indiana University Health Indianapolis INAugust 31, 2015
A typical day a work was filled with a positive work environment and friendly and helpful co-workers. The management team was personable and worked diligently to keep all employees satisfied. The hardest part of my position was to keep the employees calm and satisfied. The most enjoyable part of my job was the positive atmosphere.
Advancement and job security are terrible
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2015
Depending on the department management does not care about work environment, rather just making sure your department is "on budget". Benefits for working for a health care organization are by far the worst.
Pros
get to help people
Cons
healthcare, lay-offs
Productive and challenging place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  1701 N. Senate Avenue Indianapolis, IN 46202August 14, 2015
A typical day at work, extremely fast paced. I learned medical terminology, interpersonal skills, communicating with staff throughout the hospital. It was great to work with Indiana University Health management and my coworkers. We worked as a team to get the job done. The hardest part of my job had to be, dealing with patient needs and wants involving different complex situations and personalities. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping any and everyone.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Health Insurance cost for employees
Run!!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, InAugust 11, 2015
This place is all about business, not the employees. Poorly trained management. Employees are not empowered to make decisions. Very poorly structured in department. Co workers are great. Currently looking for another position ANYWHERE!!
Productive and Fun
Financial Clearace/Prior Authorization (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2015
Great atmosphere to work, great management, team was awesome to work with. Great hours and location with growing company