Indiana University Health Employee Reviews

Value Analysis
Director of Contracting and Value Analysis (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 10, 2017
There are no two days alike, which is the most enjoyable part of the job. I work daily with the ORs at 15 hospitals on new products. This requires buy-in from the end users.
Pros
To collaborate with all team members within the SUrgery Department.
Cons
na
Good company
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 1, 2017
Good company for learning skill, balance family and work, and stability. Lack advancement opportunity for minority or non native English speaker employees in some departments.
Good hospital
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INFebruary 28, 2017
The nurses were very knowledgeable at this hospital. It was a nice place to have one of my first clinical experiences at. It was a good area to have a hospital in.
loved working there
Registration Specialists (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2017
positive place to work, learned a lot from different staff members. enjoyed going to work on a daily basis, knowing there was a different goal to complete
People were especially nice and helpful
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2017
Management took the time to help me learn how to do my job better. Coworkers were especially helpful in assisting me with the ins and outs of my daily tasks.
Pros
Good Healthcare
Cons
Very fulling to work here
RCS Senior Specialist / Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 2, 2017
It is a great company that does what it takes to ensure that the patients are well taken care of as well as ensuring that the care givers can just focus on the patients.

The environments can be tough at times, but well worth the hard work that you put in.
Pros
The diverse group of people that you will work with
Manager, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2017
Great culture and leadedership. Serving patience is number one and they take it serious. Good place to work and go for healthcare.
Pros
Local many hospitals
Cons
Hard to get hired. Unless you know someone.
The company was very employee friendly as were the managers and supervisors.
Administrative Assistant to Deputy Chief Counsel (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2017
I was comfortable in my employment and given the opportunity to balance my work with school. The workplace culture was family oriented and children friendly. I had a great balance in job work and life balance.
Pros
Encouraged to continue my education
Cons
I would have liked to stay busy
Review
Transformation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 20, 2017
My review - I've worked at Riley Hospital for Children for 3 years. The atmosphere is a family oriented environment in a sense that our main goals for the day is for patient and family satisfaction. The day varies as there are several different things I do in a day. But the overall goal is the patient and bettering the process around certain tasks.
Pros
Flexibility - work life/family balance
Cons
Parking - paying for parking
Fun Workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2017
I worked for IU for about 2 years and i loved my job. The doctors are eager to teach you new things if you are willing to learn. The job provides a busy work environment which is good for someone like myself that likes to stay busy.
Pros
Proactive Co- workers
Cons
High Volume of Patients
20 yr employee ending with IU Health as owner.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 4, 2017
Not a company for the underdog and believes anything management says without proof! HR says I give 110% to patient care but......Isn't the health field about patient satsifaction??? IU strives for high patient satisfaction but doesn't stand behind their employees that give it and picks petty stuff out!! Also allows poor management skill people to run departments.
awesome job
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 23, 2016
strict attendance point policy . we be a excellent job but the the workers are kinda of disposable but its up to you to make it work. other than that everything is great.
Helping others as the day flies by.
Logistic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2016
Taking inventory in assigned areas.Organize and scan necessary medical items for assigned areas. Pick needed items, deliver and put away items in assigned areas. Change par levels and items based on area's needs. Communicate with head nurses about items that are on back stock due to the manufacturer, changes made to their areas, as well as inquiring about other needs the area may have. Provide exceptional service to all medical staff and most importantly to the patients they are caring for.
Pros
Knowing what you do helps with the care of another. Days fly by.
Cons
Pay, working holidays and weekends
A good company to work for with good benefits and people that care.
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 28, 2016
A good company to work for with good benefits and people that care and will help and support you. A company that is concerned about the patients and the employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The working hours.
Have great health fairs
Patient Financial Services Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2016
Great place to work with super benefits and great staff. Have one of the best EAP around. They care about their employees.
Not a good place to work. People are not valued
analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46204August 23, 2016
One of the worse jobs and manager I have ever had. I witnessed a lay off of multiple people, interestingly most all were over 50, or of a minority race, or handicapped.
Can not comment at this time
RN, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2016
Can not comment at this time
loved working with the patients and my co-workers
Can not comment further at this time.
Lots of experience.
Summary
Manager, Denial Prevention & Recovery (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2016
IU Health has a good benefits and many training/learning opportunities. Management is supportive and engaged.Teams work well together.
good place to work
RCS-Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2016
good work life balance and job security. It is pleasure working here. Good team members. Scope for improvement in culture
Bad company
CCT Transport (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 22, 2016
As long as you are willing to drink the cool aid you'll be fine. If you question management in any way you will be let go. Lack of experienced providers. They mostly hire friends of employees. Lots and lots of changes on the fly. Constant management changes. 11 different base managers during my time. Lack of education. Seems like they only do the education to say they did. Spend lots of money in equipment and image. Not much investment in employee's or retention. Pay on the very low end.
Pros
You can say your on a helicopter
Cons
Most everything about the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana University Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8