Indiana University Health Employee Reviews

Awful. Truly.
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2017
Its great if you plan on staying just for the benefits. Management is severely lacking. Extra responsibilities are added on to positions and you'll have no say. If you have a problem going on in the workplace, management won't address it. They'll brush you off. SEVERELY understaffed, under paid, and over worked. Avoid at all costs!
Benefits
Cons
Management, under paid, understaffed, overworked
Long shifts, short staffed.
RN (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 21, 2017
Very long shifts, no opportunity for advancement unless you have advanced degrees. Short staffed, constantly asking employees to pick up extra shifts.
PR/Marketing Intern
Public Relations/Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 16, 2017
Working at Indiana University Ball Memorial Hospital was a great place to intern. Supervisors are extremely helpful and always willing to provide valuable feedback.
Pros
Professional Development
Cons
Unpaid Internship
A good place to work in order to serve whom I come across.
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2017
A typical day of work consists of stocking, inventory, reacting with staff, and other duties that are required or ask my manager or supervisor. Serving others is must ad a positive feeling.
I did not work here, I volunteered
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2017
I did not work here. I was a volunteer as a teen. I would spend time with the children that were in-patients at the hospital. It was an extremely rewarding and beneficial experience.
CSS (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2017
I felt that a typical day was fast paced but your day went by quickly! I felt that the pay was decent to your responsibilities. PTO was nice but you have to use it for holidays. The most difficult part of the job is remembering which insurance providers and products are in network-especially Medicaid plans since those changed frequently. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the patients as our patients were mostly older and needed a few more visits in a year. Overall, I was very happy to work for IU.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Policy changes frequently
Borring
Certified Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2017
I found my position very boring, until I started training and was given more challenging work. I really thought I would retire from IU Health, but my position was outsourced to India.
Pros
I could make my own hours
Cons
Not at all organized
very challenging
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2017
I just recently stepped into a position where I am a doctors assistant. I was a float for IU for 3years and it was amazing and I have learned alot in that position. My typical day at work is busy specially on clinic days. I have learned alot of about orthopedic procedures. The management is a struggle right now but I am trying to figure it out so that I can push through and have a productive day. The hardest part of my job sometimes is trying to balance my work load. The most enjoyable part of my job is the kids.
Pros
the learning that comes with the position
Cons
management
University Hosptial
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2017
During the day I am a cashier, sometimes I serve food. I've met different people from different places, this job gave me a understanding and compassion for different people. The hardest part about the job is when we are short staffed.
No advancement opportunity.
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 2, 2017
Nepotism and personal friendships ruined a perfectly good working environment. Management in personal friendships made for one-sided decision making to the benefit of the managers friends.
Pros
Excellent wages.
Cons
Poor hours.
Was a great place to work when I first started but the culture went down hill with the recession and never really came back to where it once was.
Guest Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 2, 2017
Staff had to be cut back leaving many frustrated and over worked. Suggestions for saving money were requested but never implemented. Management tried to tell you how to do your job better while never attempting to do your job.
I didnt work here
Motorist assistance program (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 1, 2017
I worked on a school campus associated with it. Please dont take my review into consideration. The place itself seemed like it looked decent and well kept.
Good place to work but lacking direction
Leader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 29, 2017
Team members are friendly and managers are helpful. Still not quite a system which leads to conflicts between sites and system. System leadership lacking direction and continuity which leads to system executives each doing their own thing.
Pros
great organization with a great reputation
Cons
lack of direction at system level
Poor management, Unprofessional Staff, Untrue to mission statement
Dental (Current Employee) –  Healthnet ClinicJuly 28, 2017
I worked at Healthnet, a group of FQHC's run by IU Health. Their mission about caring for the underinsured and uninsured is beautiful. This is why I went to work here. Unfortunately, their leadership is simply awful. They play favorites, going as far as giving corrective action to certain employees for doing something that most everyone else in the clinic is doing. The manager yelled at patients regularly. She was basically an oversized bully on the playground. Criticized employees in front of other employees and patients. If this organization would walk the walk, the potential is huge. The staff is very dedicated, and the patients are the heart of the clinic. But without leadership really dedicated to patient care, this place will continue to burn employees at an alarming rate.
Pros
Jobs usually available (high staff turnover)
Cons
weak leadership
Fun place to work and productive
Assitant Manager (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 25, 2017
I enjoy the people that I work with but not the upper management staff. They tend to forget they were once in our shoes and sometime they forget where they came from and how they got here.
Pros
free meal
Cons
short breaks and no appreciation for ajob well done
Good place to work with good people
RN Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 24, 2017
Was self scheduling. 12 hour shifts. Every third weekend. Holiday rotation. Great staff. Paid Time Off. Health Benefits. 401K. Great Doctors. Great Team Members. Great Team work. Great Community.
Nice job with pretty good benefits
Staff America (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2017
There is a lot to learn on this job but, in this field you are helping people and that is what customer service is all about. At the end of the day, working here gives you a feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Great company and benefits, coworkers are very nice
Cons
Takes too long to become permanent even after proving your capabilities
Team-oriented
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2017
Work in critical care here. Very team oriented-unit, lots of opportunities to learn and participate in improving patient care. High turnover rate and lots of new staff, but orientation is long and thorough.
Pros
Team-oriented
Cons
High-stress, work most weekends
Good Learning experience;
RN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2017
Excellent Physicians, Nurse Practitioner, Respiratory and Physical Therapists and well qualified interdepartmental corporative efforts and continuity of care.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
limited pay raises/compensation
First nursing job
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INJuly 19, 2017
I learned a lot at this job. This was my first nursing job and I am very grateful I got the experience to work on Med/Surg. I learned everything from inserting a foley to taking out a PICC line.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana University Health. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval