Indiana University Northwest Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Student Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gary, INApril 19, 2017
Sat in a class, took notes, created worksheets and lesson plans, talked to students and teachers,set up session times with the students in advance, and tutored students
Overall Summary
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gary, INFebruary 7, 2017
Indiana University Northwest is an excellent school to attend as well as working for. The employees at the University are extremely helpful if you have questions and the instructors help you receive your degree!
very good place to work at
Iun Librarian (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJanuary 19, 2017
I absolutely love working here ! it amazing the people are friendly and sweet and they really care about your future ! I would really recommend it to a working college student
Pros
very productive
Cons
short braks
Sunny Disposition
Academic Tutor, Mentor and Admissions Assitant (Current Employee) –  Gary, INSeptember 6, 2016
I have a Sunny Disposition and will take on almost any challenge. I enjoyed it. I loved working there, and helping other people with learning.
Pros
Free lunch, and benefits
Indiana University Northwest
French Professor (Current Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 27, 2016
They really value their adjuncts here. A very supportive environment that fosters a fantastic learning and working environment. If you're wanting to become and adjunct, this university is a good place to work at.
great experience great environment
Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJune 8, 2016
Working for IUN in the technology department was convienient as a student and also a great learning experience. I gained communication skills as well as basic trouble shooting skills. My manager allowed us to study on the clock due to some longer less active shifts.
Pros
having study time during work
Great Learning experience
Assistant Head Circulation/Reserves (Current Employee) –  Gary, INMay 10, 2016
Working at Indiana University is great I people and I meet many each day student, staff, professors and community patrons. I try to provide the best customer service I can. My team here at the Library are great for the most there is always one that can be difficult but I have learned to live with it. the benefits are fantastic but the pay is not great. I enjoy coming to work, I have a wonderful staff of student workers and I have a fantastic director. The hardest part of the job is having keeping my composer when I have a patron that is having a bad da I have learned to smile and wish them a pleasant day and it seems to help in most cases.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
The pay should be better
No room for carrer growth
Internship Coordinator/Career Counselor (Current Employee) –  Gary, INApril 9, 2016
The university is a good place to work if you need a part-time position. This is not a place to start a career if you are seeking an advancement or increase in salary. The university has laid off many good people or forced them into early retirement. Although you prouduce great work, you will not be ompensated for your worth. At the most you may get 1-2% raise every 2-3 years.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
no room for career growth; low salary
this is only work study with no benefits
Student Office Assistant (ODEMA) (Current Employee) –  Gary, INNovember 18, 2015
This was not steady work. It has no opportunity for growth and no benefits. this is all I have to say simple and short. I'm only writing this information in this box because it is questioning me about my review and for me this is stepping out of line. If I decide to keep it to myself because it is a raid of my privacy and to try and force me to answer this question is against my rights and it won't allow me to move on futher until I put something in this box.
Relaxed work environment with time to complete school work.
AV Technician (Former Employee) –  Gary, INOctober 27, 2015
Relaxed work environment with time to complete school work.This job was great because at the time I was pregnant so minimal work was needed for me.
I loved the University work environment.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Gary, INOctober 17, 2015
The environment was great. It was relaxed and supportive. I liked my employers. And, I loved being in college. I learned a lot and it was fun and an enjoyable experience. I would recommend this to anyone.
Pros
Relaxed and fun place to work
Cons
Not enough pay and no way to work your way up at the University
Great Place to Work
Admissions Representative/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Gary, INSeptember 21, 2015
Excellent experience. I learned a lot from my co-workers and other faculty and staff members. I would love to be employed again at the organization.
Loved the university--but adjunct
Professor Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 12, 2015
I was serving as adjunct long ago--
but recall enjoying it very much
spoke on panel to encourage incoming students

I loved working for Indiana University
was always treated with respect
and thoroughly enjoyed faculty, staff and student body
Pros
times--respect
Cons
adjunct--temporary
Fun work environment
Indiana University NW Fitness/Athletic Staff (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJune 4, 2015
Its a fun job especially working the sports events. Get to meet a lot of people and working mornings you get to hear a lot of interesting stories from the elderly.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Amount of hours given.
Student
Radiation Therapy Student (Current Employee) –  Gary, INMay 23, 2015
This was a great place to learn and gain hands on experience treating patients in the field of radiation therapy. I exceled in my classes and graduated with two bachelors degrees, earning one with distinction.
Awesome job!
Indiana University Student (Former Employee) –  Gary,INApril 15, 2015
Working at this location was good for me. I had a chance to do a lot of networking and getting to know faculty and students.
Student mentor
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Gary, INApril 1, 2015
I was hired to help guide first time college students towards succeeding in class. If there was any questions or help the students needed, i would help with assignments and homeworks.
Pros
interacting with students
Cons
less communication
Easy to adapt work environment no growth
Physical Plant Secretary (Current Employee) –  Gary, INMarch 17, 2015
Work assignments easy, you can learn much if you put your mind to it. Management unprofessional morale is very low due to no incentives and less pay. The hardest is many not appreciating how important support staff is. Most enjoyable being able to accomplish tasks behind the scenes.
Cons
Low pay
Small yet dedicated campus
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gary, INOctober 13, 2014
TRIO gave me a chance to work with marginalized populations, tutor, and learn about government grants.
Pros
High morale, excellent management
Cons
Na
exciting and informative environment
Interim UITS-STC Manager (Current Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 10, 2014
As a student I had the ability to experience It first hand through my schools internship program. I gained excellent knowledge and experience.
Pros
Academic employment
Cons
overwhelming at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana University Northwest. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3