Indiana University School of Medicine Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 9, 2016
What more can I say? The people there are fantastic and the support is great.

The focus is simple - to recruit and graduate outstanding doctors for Indiana. Additionally to provide support for all sorts of interesting research that would benefit the residents of Indiana for their long term health care and prevention.
Excellant place to work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2016
Excellent place to work. Everyone really cared about their jobs and the work that they did! Everyone really enjoyed their day!
New environment for me
Senior Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2015
I worked very hard and was learning new processes. I did have some very nice people that I worked in the office with everyday that were light hearted and made the work day enjoyable. These folks would do anything they could to help me as I was learning.
Pros
Flexible in what time you got in and with comp time.
Cons
Some of the management staff were hard to please.
Largest Medical School
Office Manager, Dean's Office (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2015
Working for the largest medical school in the country certainly has its challenges, but that's what I love! I am given the opportunity to be creative, solve problems, and work as a team.
Dedicated staff
(Statewide) Internal MedicineClerkship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2015
The staff and physicians that make up the Department of Medical Education are motivated and dedicated to providing learners with access to best practice methods in order to prepare them for working in the medical field.

I enjoyed being a part of how engaged everyone was with the students and clinical educators.
w
Clinical Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 31, 2015
Working for Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis was a wonderful opportunity. I was encouraged to learn and advance my skills.
Lab job
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2015
General histology lab work with bone research.

Mechanical testing of bones, work in excel, work with solutions, plastic and paraffin sectioning.
Stressful but rewarding
Director of Finance and Operations (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 15, 2015
I love the versatility of my current position. Performing a variety of tasks and wearing multiple hats on a daily basis allows for each day to be different.
excellent place to work
Manager of IT Planning (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 45202December 4, 2014
Indiana University is an excellent place to work. It provides many opportunities for learning and advancement. IU is challenging but never boring.
Pros
excelent growth oppotunities
Cons
can feel too large if used to a small organization
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2014
Good dosimetry program. I enjoyed working with the instructors as well as the students.
good
biologists (Current Employee) –  indianapolisSeptember 17, 2014
very good. learn a lot.
animal and cell based molecular and cellular assays.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Job security
Clinical Learning Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gary, INMay 11, 2014
Currently IUN SOM is changing the teaching structure. The university is in a state of flux
Pros
flexible 40 hour a week schedule
Cons
no job security
Comfortably paced work environment
Scanning Project Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2014
Comfortably paced work. Upper Management values your opinion and seeks your input.
Trpc
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisMay 6, 2014
first ever work on Patch clamp in this position. I work on TRPC channels and cell culture.
Each day is a different experience
Assistant to Associate Dean of Medicine (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN.January 28, 2014
There were no typical days within the section that I maintained for IUSM. Each day presented a different problem within scheduling, microscope usage, Medicial Science building functioning, interaction with students/faculty.
I worked in conjunction with departments within the University, outside vendors, contractors dealing with equipment, construction, maintenance, housekeeping, and various other elements concerning the MS building.
Working with other co-workers to get projects completed with quality and efficiency.
Satisfying the entire populace of faculty/staff had lead to some problems when dealing with priorities of the IUSM. Classes before departmental and having to inform the departments of this.
Meeting and dealing with the students each and every year. Getting to know some quite well. Then seeing these same students years later as they are highly trained professionals.
Pros
always something new
Cons
not being able to help everyone with all their needs.
Fun, relaxed environment to work in and being involved in adolescent research
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 17, 2013
My day would vary from testing software, writing research questionnaires, creating electronic surveys via Qualtrics, working with developers, sitting in on discovery meetings,etc.
I learned that I am passionate about data and the vast amount of information it can give you.
I worked on a very small team so I did not have a 'manager' per se, he was more of a team lead. He is very learned regarding IT and was a great teacher.
My co-workers were fun to work with and very helpful when needed.
The hardest part of the job was acclimating to working in academia. It is the polar opposite of the corporate work environment. Very laid-back.
The most enjoyable part of the job was new things I learned and the people I worked with.
Pros
learning about research and everything it related
Cons
salaries are funded by 'soft' money and when there are no research grants there is no money.
Always learning new htings
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2013
Worked with rats. Did experiments. Fun people. Always learning new things.
Pros
always learning new things
Cons
pay on the lower end of the scale
Dedication and commitment to Learning
PhD Candidate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 5, 2013
Indiana University School of Medicine places emphasis on evidence based and scientific practice. It is one of a scholarly environment which consistently aims to challenge and help the students succeed.
Iupui
Psychiatry Resident (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2013
Great place to be a psychiatry resident. Get a good slice of all pathology
Good work place depending on supervisor
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 9, 2013
The benefits are good.

If you work in a science lab like I did, it all depends on who your boss is.

4.6