Indiana University School of Medicine Employee Reviews

Dedicated staff
(Statewide) Internal MedicineClerkship Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2015
The staff and physicians that make up the Department of Medical Education are motivated and dedicated to providing learners with access to best practice methods in order to prepare them for working in the medical field.

I enjoyed being a part of how engaged everyone was with the students and clinical educators.
w
Clinical Research Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 31, 2015
Working for Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis was a wonderful opportunity. I was encouraged to learn and advance my skills.
Lab job
Histology Technician (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2015
General histology lab work with bone research.

Mechanical testing of bones, work in excel, work with solutions, plastic and paraffin sectioning.
Stressful but rewarding
Director of Finance and Operations (Current Employee), South Bend, INMarch 15, 2015
I love the versatility of my current position. Performing a variety of tasks and wearing multiple hats on a daily basis allows for each day to be different.
excellent place to work
Manager of IT Planning (Current Employee), Indianapolis, IN 45202December 4, 2014
Pros: excelent growth oppotunities
Cons: can feel too large if used to a small organization
Indiana University is an excellent place to work. It provides many opportunities for learning and advancement. IU is challenging but never boring.
Site Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2014
Good dosimetry program. I enjoyed working with the instructors as well as the students.
good
biologists (Current Employee), indianapolisSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
very good. learn a lot.
animal and cell based molecular and cellular assays.
Job security
Clinical Learning Center Coordinator (Current Employee), Gary, INMay 11, 2014
Pros: flexible 40 hour a week schedule
Cons: no job security
Currently IUN SOM is changing the teaching structure. The university is in a state of flux
Comfortably paced work environment
Scanning Project Team Leader (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2014
Comfortably paced work. Upper Management values your opinion and seeks your input.
TRPC
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), IndianapolisMay 6, 2014
first ever work on Patch clamp in this position. I work on TRPC channels and cell culture.
Each day is a different experience
Assistant to Associate Dean of Medicine (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IN.January 28, 2014
Pros: always something new
Cons: not being able to help everyone with all their needs.
There were no typical days within the section that I maintained for IUSM. Each day presented a different problem within scheduling, microscope usage, Medicial Science building functioning, interaction with students/faculty.
I worked in conjunction with departments within the University, outside vendors, contractors dealing with equipment, construction, maintenance, housekeeping, and various other elements concerning the MS building.
Working with other co-workers to get projects completed with quality and efficiency.
Satisfying the entire populace of faculty/staff had lead to some problems when dealing with priorities of the IUSM. Classes before departmental and having to inform the departments of this.
Meeting and dealing with the students each and every year. Getting to know some quite well. Then seeing these same students years later as they are highly trained professionals.
Fun, relaxed environment to work in and being involved in adolescent research
Database Administrator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 17, 2013
Pros: learning about research and everything it related
Cons: salaries are funded by 'soft' money and when there are no research grants there is no money.
My day would vary from testing software, writing research questionnaires, creating electronic surveys via Qualtrics, working with developers, sitting in on discovery meetings,etc.
I learned that I am passionate about data and the vast amount of information it can give you.
I worked on a very small team so I did not have a 'manager' per se, he was more of a team lead. He is very learned regarding IT and was a great teacher.
My co-workers were fun to work with and very helpful when needed.
The hardest part of the job was acclimating to working in academia. It is the polar opposite of the corporate work environment. Very laid-back.
The most enjoyable part of the job was new things I learned and the people I worked with.
Always learning new htings
Research Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2013
Pros: always learning new things
Cons: pay on the lower end of the scale
Worked with rats. Did experiments. Fun people. Always learning new things.
Dedication and commitment to Learning
PhD Candidate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 5, 2013
Indiana University School of Medicine places emphasis on evidence based and scientific practice. It is one of a scholarly environment which consistently aims to challenge and help the students succeed.
IUPUI
Psychiatry Resident (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2013
Great place to be a psychiatry resident. Get a good slice of all pathology
Good work place depending on supervisor
Research Technician (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 9, 2013
The benefits are good.

If you work in a science lab like I did, it all depends on who your boss is.
Went to school there
Student (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 4, 2012
Very good school of medicine, that spans multiple hospitals and labs.
Very conducive to learning and continuing education. l
LABORATORY RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Indianapolis IndianaMarch 29, 2012
Pros: work independently
Cons: long work days.
everyday is unique. specific studies and the experiments necessary to complete them dominate day to day activities. research and the ability to decipher information from published literature is necessary to complete work requirements. as a consequence learning new skills and protocols is part of the work. i work with highly educated co-workers and colleagues that are helpful and understanding of the requirements of the job.
Good place to work with great mission
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2012
Pros: benefits
Good place to work with expanding campus. Close to home and focused on work-life balance.