Indiana University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

Office Job
Student Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PANovember 29, 2016
Mostly worked on homework and did whatever my boss asked of me. I had a lot of free time and that definitely helped me stay on track in my school work. The coworkers are very nice and understanding.
Accredited university with an ISPP dietetic Program
Intern (Former Employee) –  VariableAugust 31, 2016
The program was very beneficial to me furthering my education as a nutrition professional. There was a lot of support from the program director but also a lot of independence was necessary to complete the program.
Fun workplace and awesome opportunity to meet people from all around the globa
American Culture and English(ACE) Tutor (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAAugust 24, 2016
Worked as an American Culture and English Language Tutor at the IUP American Language Institute. Started off as a volunteer position, but transitioned into a paid position during my second semester. Loved working with and helping students from all over the world.
A great place for students to work besides their professors.
Teacher's Assistant for Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJuly 20, 2016
On a typical work day, I would report in with the professor. The professor would tell me what I needed to do in order to set up the lab before the students arrived. My interactions with my professors were invaluable. I learned how to run a lab under their management/ guidance. The hardest part of the job was trying to troubleshoot when there was a lack of supplies for the experiment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the helping the students, who were my peers, when they were having difficulties.Being a teacher's assistant at Indiana University of Pennsylvania gave me a greater appreciation for my professors.
Pros
Closer ties with professors
Cons
Minimum wage
Beaver Run
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAJuly 18, 2016
Sampled and monitored drinking water quality within a forty-three-square-mile drainage area near Marcellus shale well pad sites around and within reservoir.
Helped me get some secretarial experience, while teaching me some valuable techniques when dealing with people.
Foreign Language Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJuly 18, 2016
I had to learn to deal with all types of people; those who didn't speak english well, those who didn't speak english at all, and those who just were not happy with their foreign language class at all.
Math Department is Wonderful
Graduate Assistant Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJuly 13, 2016
Working in the Mathematics Department at IUP is a truly valuable and rewarding experience. I would recommend anyone searching for graduate schools to consider applying for Graduate Assistantship. The only downside of working at IUP is the incompetent Human Resources department, which causes frustration with paperwork and delays getting paid at the beginning of the semester at times. Luckily most landlord's are understanding and accept the letter HR provides as proof of future payment so none of my coworkers were evicted from being months behind on the payment schedule.
Professional learning environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJuly 8, 2016
I was provided a means to work on an ongoing NSF funded research project while attending classes to gain experience in research based and academic fields.
Higher Education
Managment Technician (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAJune 7, 2016
Higher Education and the state of IUP is that the university will consistently grow over time, being on of the smaller, yet large colleges in Pennsylvania.
Good research experience
Practicum (Independent study) (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 12, 2016
For practicum, I did research on mental illnesses, such as borderline personality disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder, childhood abuse, and intimate partner violence. This experience helped me to apply research to real-life concepts.
What I learned
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 18, 2016
I learned how to work with people. I wasn't always open to talk to people but with this job it's a requirement. You have to be open and social. I enjoyed the experience that came with the job. Also involved office work.
Pros
Stipends
Cons
Great experience, great professors, great site supervisors
Dietetic Internship (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 5, 2016
This internship provided me with the skills needed to become an entry level Dietitian. I am gained experience in community nutrition, counseling for a variety of clients, worked with a diverse array of clients. I also gained experience in the clinical setting, long term care setting, and foodservice management.
Enjoyable place to work - very supportive faculty
Teaching Associate (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 1, 2016
Excellent teaching experience for graduate students. There is a training set up that includes reading materials, reflections, peer evaluations, faculty evaluations, and coordinator meetings and mentorship.
Fun
Vice President of Senior Class Gift (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PADecember 4, 2015
Not only was it an awesome place to attain my Bachelors Degree from, but an awesome place to work as a student worker. Everyone around campus nice, professors are great and the updates constantly going on around campus are really making it look wonderful.
Fun job while working on degree.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PANovember 24, 2015
A good job to have while working on BS. No chance for raise or advancement do to nature of job. Control your own schedule and nice to work along side professors and professionals. Mirrors the ideology of the university.
Pros
Make own schedule, Important knowledge for life after college
Cons
Not advancement, very low pay
Great place to learn and start building your network, fun place to work.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PASeptember 22, 2015
Best place to start your career with. Working with professors and involving in research and administration . learnt a lot about US culture.
Pros
Free lunches after meetings
Great place to gain experience as a student.
Intern (Former Employee) –  StoufferSeptember 1, 2015
The internship at the cmpr there is great where you gain real life experience and learn a lot. You have freedom to work on multiple projects and work with other people who will know more than you on certain things and you can learn from them.
Fun job that never slows down
OHRL, Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJuly 15, 2015
A typical day at work would be to check my floor and check in with the residents on my floor to make sure everything and everyone is doing well. I learned how to accept and connect with others from all walks a life because there was a lot of diversity in the over 100 students I was personally responsible for. Management was usually left up to me, but we had bi-weekly meetings with the head of the resident hall to check up on how we and our floors were doing. My co-workers were very smart and creative. The hardest part of my job was remembering everyone of my residents names. The most enjoyable part of my job was creating programs for my residents to come to and have fun while also learning something.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
Weekend duty
Decent job with lots of work to finish before deadlines
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJuly 7, 2015
Lots of data entry, but also got to meet and talk with many parents, teachers, and students. Hours diminished significantly at this particular position in the winter and spring, but picked up the most in the fall before the reports were due.
Laid back environment
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 23, 2015
I was only a student worker in the IT department. We were in charge of taking care of all of the support tickets that came in from mainly the faculty. My boss was great and was willing to help with anything that any of us had trouble figuring out. I spent a lot of time installing different images onto computers and replacing older machines. I was only working for the experience, so I did not receive any pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4