Indiana University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

Good job
Print Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAOctober 24, 2017
Great job for a student who needs easy money and has time to work in between classes. Friendly, slow-paced work environment. Caring and relaxed staff there.
Pros
Easy
Cons
N/a
Excellent Chances to Learn and Grow
Freelance Documentarian (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAOctober 11, 2017
Working at IUP allowed me a chance to educate myself, to learn, to grow, and to enhance my abilities in ways I probably wouldn't have been able to elsewhere in an environment of supportive mentors and colleagues.
Laid back but satisfying
Lab Proctor (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAOctober 8, 2017
It is a state run school so there are a few hoops that you have to jump through to get any paperwork done, but that seems to be the norm. The computer lab is almost always empty with a few bursts of activity.
Stressful environment of work
Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PASeptember 18, 2017
A workplace is as good as your supervisor and my supervisor when I was working as a teaching associate there was neither supportive nor professional in her dealing with me.
A helpful and mindfully growing enviroment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PASeptember 14, 2017
As a graduate assistant, staff and faculty were extremely helpful in making my experience here great. They provided me with opportunities that helped me grow as an educator.
Good Graduate Degree
HUB Fitness Center Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PASeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed my time as a graduate assistant. Good faculty and lots of good relationships with other students. I learned a lot in the program and made great friends.
Pros
Free tuition
Working at IUP
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAJuly 31, 2017
I really enjoyed working at IUP. I wish I could continueing working there. It is very faced paced and the other workers are very friendly. It was like a second home to me.
I attended Indiana University of PA
Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 31, 2017
I attended IUP as a student but did not work there, so have no input to offer. The school has an excellent rating and provided me with an excellent education. The professors and office staff are dedicated to their work.
Pros
Excellent accreditation
Unpaid internship during college
Unpaid safety internship. (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJuly 12, 2017
As part of the safety science program, we each had to complete a one-semester unpaid internship through Indiana University of PA.

Taken during my final semester at IUP, I used the training I received to conduct physical safety inspections, industrial hygiene projects, written program evaluations and general safety audits of four separate facilities. The four facilities I worked at include a heavy machine manufacturer, a copier toner manufacturer, a glass factory and a large retail establishment / distribution center.
Pros
Great "real-world" experience
Productive/fun work environment
Assistant sports information director (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJuly 5, 2017
What's not to like? Working at a university is about as good as it gets. Covering university athletics never has a dull moment. For someone who loves sports, working in a sports department is where you want to be. Some of the folks don't know what they are doing, but IUP is a great place to work.
Pros
Working at a university
Cons
Knowing you should be in a position that someone else is in
Fun place to work
Bingo Caller (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAJune 23, 2017
Get to work with a bunch of amazing college kids. If you like bingo and people you will love being a bingo caller. It is only one day a week so it is more of a second job.
A good place to start, but thats all
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMay 2, 2017
Unvi student are a good place to start out, but the very limited hours and low pay wont keep you around for long.
The money is not what matters here, but the connections you make by meeting important knowledge folks around the office.
If you get a chance for one, go for it.
Great Experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 26, 2017
It was wonderful to work as a graduate assistant for Indiana University of Pennsylvania. I worked in the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department with the professor of Audiology. It was both challenging and rewarding.
Great for student-workers
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 22, 2017
This job has been wonderful for me as a full-time student; I could truly not ask for better. It is not stressful to maintain the workload of this job along with keeping up with my schoolwork, and my supervisor is always understanding to schedule the shifts of both myself and the three other young women that I work with around classes and extra-curricular activities such as conferences and club meetings. Additionally, she is always very approachable and understanding should any problem, conflict, or question arise.
It is okay
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 12, 2017
I didn't actually receive payment for work through Indiana University of Pennsylvania due to the fact that my position was an unpaid internship with the Eberly College of Business.
Graduate student
Clinical Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 12, 2017
Penn Center Graduate Counseling program is amazing. Professorial staff is supportive and knowledgeable, many still working directly with clients at the same time as working in academia.
Pros
quality education
Cons
hard work
Student Worker
Website editor (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 11, 2017
I was a student worker for the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. I had fun working here, but it was a job for only student workers. If you do not go to this school you cannot be hired.
Pros
Graphic Design Lab Key
Productive and Fun
Student Technology Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAMarch 30, 2017
It is a simple workday. I answer phones and route tickets. I learned how to communicate and have social skills. Everyone is very fair and easy to get along with.
good
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAFebruary 6, 2017
My experience as a Community Assistant at IUP has been a beneficial and positive learning experience. I have gained many interpersonal skills such as assertiveness, problem solving, negotiating, and decision making.
good
Library Assistant II/Access Services (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAJanuary 26, 2017
ok place to work Indiana is agood town is is a small town with a large academic institution in it. it is a very bury place during semeters but quiet when school is not in session