Indiana University Employee Reviews

Secure Jobs and Friendly Culture
Fiscal & Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 27, 2016
A University is a great place to work if you want a secure career and less chance of layoff. Depending on which department you land in, you could work with wonderful people or not so wonderful. But that's the same for any work situation. Because it's a State entity, it is dependent upon government funding, so pay is not as high. But they do take care of their employees with an unbeatable benefits package.
Pros
Benefits Package, Collaborative Culture, Intelligent Atmosphere
Cons
Low Wages
Free cake, mouth holes...what more could you ask for??????
Grunwald Gallery of Art (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 20, 2016
It was fun when i worked on things. I couldn't believe how much fun I had. I mean WOW! I shoved so much free cake down my hot mouth hole...
Bakery boring
Production Baker/Bakery Asst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 20, 2016
The pastry chef does not care about her people she worked us to death with unrealistic goals.
Co-Workers loved them, what I learned is how not to treat my employees.
Pros
free drinks
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 15, 2016
Indiana University is a great place, at least in the Psychology Department. The people there are really nice and offer great opportunities. Of course, not everyone and everything is perfect, but really, the job I had, being a UTA, was one of the best jobs I ever had.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not so great job security
Awesome atmospher
Secretary, Titan Success Center (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 5, 2016
Co-workers are the best here. They are open and honest about what was to take place day to day. We all learned together with a department that is only 1 school year old.
Productive and fun place to work.
IUB Contact Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 4, 2016
I find the atmosphere very relaxed and very self motivated to excel. Some times the hours are long, but you are able to structure your time to what needs to be done.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
A very enjoyable place to work
Administrative Assistant/Graduate Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 22, 2015
A typical day at work consists of scheduling committee meetings along with being responsible for the department chair's calendar, coordinating the graduate application process, planning large and small scale events on and off campus, completing various reports, processing credit card statements, processing employee and non employee travel, taking meeting minutes, recruitment of new faculty, coordinating campus visits for international visitors and delegations and completing any other needs in the department.
Pros
Flexible schedule, healthcare
Cons
Slow paced environment
Productive workplace with scope to improve knowledge and skills.
Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 14, 2015
Great opportunity as part-time graduate assistant. Good balance of work and studies. Weekly group meetings allowed me to interact with wide number of students from different background.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No cons as such.
Productive enviornment but alot of down time and only part time employment
RPS Maintenece Facilites (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 14, 2015
It was an ok position but only part time, and wasn't a very rewarding position a lot of down time waiting on laundry to get done and then once it was done it was done there was only the cleaning process then it was down time and nothing more to do but find something to do. No room for Advancement.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
No room for Advancing
Awesome environment!
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 19, 2015
Very nice professors who are always happy and willing to help; challenge tutors to exceed expectations and ensure that tutors are developing students appropriately.

Want to know more about Indiana University?

Ask a question
Instructional Design
Volunteer Teaching Assistant for R546 (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 14, 2015
Having a contingent plan, time management, collaboration, efficient and effective, knowing enough about client or audiences, division of labor, having strong objectives, skills/knowledge about tools/artifacts, strong presentation skills.
It was an amazing place to go to school and be a student athlete.
Member of the Sigma Triton (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 13, 2015
I loved the entire time I spent at IU there were amazing friends, teachers, and coaches that taught me a lot along the way. I wouldn't trade my experience at Indiana for anything.
Nepotistic hiring practices
Curriculum Development and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis and BloomingtonOctober 16, 2015
Although the university was required to publicly advertise open positions, pocket candidates were often waiting in the wings.
work-study program exceptional
Teacher's Aid (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 14, 2015
I was able to learn in an environment related to my field of study and also make money to help with tuition. I was able to choose what community job I preferred.
Pros
working in the community
Cons
pay is based per semester
Great place to be a student
Student (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 9, 2015
The student life is amazing and opportunities given by the Kelley School of Business are unmatched. Attending this school and playing tennis for the university is the best decision I have ever made.
Great fun atmosphere
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 23, 2015
A terrific institution of higher learning. A great place to learn, develop and grow personally and professionally. Highly recommend Indiana University.
Lead Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2015
This place provides a steady work place but it does seem to get stagnant after a while. There are projects the come along but most of the time it seems to be a typical routine managing equipment and handling issues that come with a large university network infrastructure.
Pros
unbeatable benefits and free software
Cons
hard to move around and develop new skill sets
Great job for doctoral students
Director of the Descant Choir (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IndianaAugust 14, 2015
Indiana University was a great place to work while in the Ph. D program. The classes were fun to teach and there was excellent support for the assistant instructors.
Big College
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 4, 2015
My work day started at 10:00pm to 6:30am. I worked as a custodian at the college campus at all the different buildings. Worked cleaning up classrooms before the next school day, cleaned bathrooms, moped floors. I waxed and buffed floors too.
Network Specialist at Indiana University
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 3, 2015
 Remediate issues with customer & campus systems
 Close interaction with IU Electronics regarding communications with University Telecom equipment and field devices, such as Security/Ademco Panels
 Install and test cabling following Indiana University procedures