Indiana University Employee Reviews

Awesome
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 12, 2016
Incredible supervisors fantastic pay. Very understanding and caring. Always willing to work with you on hours and pay. Easy schedule and hours
Good academic university
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 7, 2016
fun to work with, learnt a lot, very rich in diversity. Met an excellant group of scientists who taught me a lot about science and life.
Learning atmosphere
Associate Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 3, 2016
Everyday I get to learn something new while at my job. It is fun teaching and mentoring the under graduate students. A typical day at work is helping students solve the exercises and guide them in the right direction.
Amazing office with terrific people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 7, 2016
Great office to work. Great people to work with. As an intern, I was unpaid but I enjoyed the time I spent with them. I worked on some small digital sign projects and helped relieve the workload of the other designers in the office. Also helped manually fix small "passports" [the school's version of a checklist throughout a student's undergraduate career].
Pros
Awesome design projects to work, great people to work with, outstanding management
Cons
N/A
Student Data QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 3, 2016
I love the flexibility of my position at I.U. and hate to leave; however, I am moving to Louisville as soon as I am able to find work there.
Pros
flexibility, friendly staff, relaxed
Associate Instructor-Web Developer
Teaching Assistant / Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 1, 2016
Decent Work and Pay.You have to work for 10 hours a week.Hence not much work but things look very good .Sometime can get hectic but rest of the time things are super fine and chill.Nothing too serious
Productive work
Private Tutor for Discrete Math of Informatics (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 1, 2016
I increased communication and leadership skills by teaching students about discrete math of informatics. The class is difficult to some students, but I created practice problems that further advanced their knowledge of the class and prepared them for exams. Self-management and critical thinking skills were also increased during my time as a private tutor. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the increase in progress of the students.
Pros
Both a teaching and learning experience.
Cons
N/A
Awsome place to work
Custodial Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 18, 2016
Really good place to work. They care about you, They train you well . They set you up in a team and that is how you work, They don't over work you. They have supervisors that work with you sometimes
Pros
you work 9 hr nights
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant - Human Resource Management (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 10, 2016
I was a teaching assistant for a human resources professor. I enjoyed the work and it was a good way for me to connect with a professor and obtain a good reference.
Ipfw
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 5, 2016
This was a great place to work and live
Great benefits
Reasonable living arrangements
A lot to do in the area
Welcoming work environment
Excellent organization
Marketing Course Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 14, 2016
Indiana University Bloomington campus provided excellent training and support for its support staff. The program was extremely transparent. Extra work was always available and challenging.
excellent
Student (Current Employee) –  bloomingtonJuly 13, 2016
made strides in every area of the job and excelled at playing football and recruiting players to join the team. Ensured that each player was represented appropriately
Unorganized, mortuary work environment
Issuing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 27, 2016
Management is in their own world, making changes and not telling employees that it affect. no talking allowed or you get in trouble, like working in a mortuary.
Indiana University
Professor (Current Employee) –  SPEAJune 12, 2016
Its a great place to work if you have a full time job. The students are well behaved and there is no interference from the employer in teaching.
Flexible yet professional position
Undergraduate Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 7, 2016
The position as an undergraduate instructor involved attending classes and labs. During which I helped lead and aid the instructor in communicating course material to students. This was a satisfying job that I held for three semesters. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing confused students grasping the material once they came to you for help. I found interest in the idea that I provided a refreshing perspective on the material that helped students understand complex material.
System Development internship in Indiana University Kokomo
SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 16, 2016
As a developer, I worked with a programming team that had excellent management as well as excellent team members. The team was enjoyable to work with; and the clients were very knowledgeable of the system that they were asking from us for development.
Good place to teach and work
Adjunct Lecturer, Indiana University Southeast (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 27, 2016
I only have worked at IU part time, but it is a very dedicated institution of higher education. I learned patience and how to motivate people. As an adjunct, I had limited contact with co-workers, but when I did, they were always very helpful and supportive. The hardest part of the job was grading, as it takes hours and I am very meticulous. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the students master a concept and the joy and satisfaction it brought them.
Productive and flexible work time
Student Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 13, 2016
I worked part time 11+ hours per week and my supervisor always understand my schedule as a full time student. My working schedule is mainly on the weekend and after school
Awesome Job, Awesome People
Cook/Cashier, Cafe Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 30, 2016
Indiana University is the best place I've ever had the privilege of working for. Most everyone I have worked with is incredibly caring, nice, and understanding. The job can sometimes get difficult and hectic, but it makes it easier knowing you have a group of fully supportive co-workers and managers. All employees are treated with respect and are compensated well for the work they do. I would, and have, recommended this job to others.
Productive work place.
Associate Instructor (Former Employee) –  BloomingtonMarch 15, 2016
I learned a lot while working at Indiana University, Bloomington. Besides, I gained valuable teaching experience with teaching an undergraduate class and gaining familiarity with the technology to teach the classes effectively.

4.3