Indiana University

Associate Instructor (Former Employee), Bloomington, INDecember 26, 2014
Good Organization with flexible employee benefits. Good Place overall
Productive, insightful, rewarding
Language Instructor (Former Employee), IndianaDecember 25, 2014
A great team and a very rewarding. It was a month long and it was a great teaching experience.
Education environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), BloomingtonDecember 8, 2014
As a graduate student, there were opportunities to learn from faculty and to create my own space within the field. Bloomington is an incubator for ideas and study of education. Work life balance was difficult as the town revolves around the university - hard to escape.
Indiana University is really nice University where you can study, work and hang out with people all in once. It has an amazing campus.
Lecturer for Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian language (Current Employee), Bloomington, INDecember 8, 2014
For me as an instructor for a language it was very interesting and relaxed. People here are very friendly and helpful, city is small so you can walk anywhere, students are very nice and polite.
I loved working here at my Department. It is nice to be surrounded by people who are focused on their academic career. It makes you think about your future goals. – more... I really loved it. – less
Exciting work environment
Ticket Office - Sales Associate/Intern (Former Employee), Bloomington, INDecember 4, 2014
Productive employees who try to keep an exciting atmosphere, managers all very kind and knowledgeable. I learned how to supervise groups of part-time workers while also supporting upper-level management.
Great evironment
Student Mentor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2014
Overall great place to work but there was new management every few months. I acquired an ample amount of leadership skills while employed there. The staff was always energetic and fun to work with.
Great place to work, self-paced
Research Assistant/ Animal Husbandry (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INNovember 6, 2014
Pros: great work environment and morale
Cons: low pay
I worked as both a lab/research assistant and student instructor/tutor. In each capacity, I managed myself and was able to focus on the work itself. Compensation was barely above minimum wage, but as an undergraduate, I didn't expect more. I liked the people I worked with and we had results.
Interesting work with great enviroment.
Lab Tech Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomington, INNovember 5, 2014
Pros: able to enter and leave work place at desired and flexible times.
Handling and caring for genetically altered drosophilia stocks. By switching them from one vial to another to insure health and reproduction.
Enjoyed working for IU School of Medicine
Registered Nurse/ Clinic Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis INNovember 3, 2014
The benefits were great!!! I miss working for them. I felt a sense of accomplishment with my job.
Working at Indiana University
Supplier Diversity Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 30, 2014
Pros: discount education cost; advancement
Indiana University was the best job I ever had because of the challenges I encountered that made be a better person. I loved the educational environment and the flexibility of your work schedule. My supervisor was such a team player and a leader. The hardest part of my job was overseeing the implementation of a online electronic Tier Two Reporting System. – more... This system was designed by IU technology staff and I had to make sure they understood all the functions we needed to make this system a success. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we completed a report that showed our minority, women and veteran utilization was above goal level and when our system went liv. – less
Professional
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2014
The internship prepared me well for the workforce. I worked with many individuals that are well-respected within different aspects of the nutrition field. I feel that I finished this internship strong, well-rounded, and capable. I believe my transition into the workforce will be smooth because of my experience in IUPUI.
Fun place to study and work at
Research Assistant (NGS Data Analysis Service) (Current Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaOctober 17, 2014
I really loved the three biology courses (molecular genomics, biochem, cell biology) provided by the IBMG program at School of Medicine. They are very intense and informative. However, the courses provided by School of Informatics were not so helpful. In many cases instructors just let students make presentations instead of giving lectures themselves. – more... Probably that's because School of Informatics was founded not long ago.

The working intensity and enjoyability of research assistant really depends on the department and the lab. So be sure to ask current members before entering a lab. If you hear something like "hmm, the professor is strict on students", then it is possibly a hint for a mean professor. Remember that the relationship between a professor and a graduate student is like master and apprentice, which is very different from modern employment relationships. So a good professor can help you a lot, meanwhile, a bad professor can hurt you a lot. – less
Very nice environment, very nice co-workers
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Bloomington, INOctober 6, 2014
My co-workers were very nice and friendly
Variety of work during the day which I enjoyed
Practice my english while learning new software
Direct contact with patients at front desk and over the phone
the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with my co-workers during lunch time, and being able to walk at lunch time
Very close to my home, – more... 15 minutes commute – less
Critical Access
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Bedford, INOctober 1, 2014
3 Shifts a week, decent pay, walking for 12 hours, patient care
Excellent Employer
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 28, 2014
I have worked for IUPUI (different departments) for 5 years. I love this institution
A fun relaxing job
Custodian (Current Employee), Bloomington, INSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
I am typically kept busy with my daily routine. I enjoy working with my co-workers they are very caring people. The hardest part of the job is getting everything ready for students to come back after summer. I enjoy making sure the students have a clean comfortable area to live in while furthering their education.
Take care of their staff
General Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, INSeptember 24, 2014
Working at IU was the absolute greatest. You had full support from management and directors and everyday was something different.
Camaraderie
UITS System Admin (Former Employee), Gary, INSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: access to free software for personal use because of lsp privileges, and free training.
Cons: short breaks, max out pay scale quickly.
Typical day would be consisting of coordinating projects with your team members, and working on the next project on the list as well as taking care of vendor requests. I've learned to manage multiple projects as well as making the right recommendations for the advancement of the university.
Good Mentoring
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomington, INSeptember 15, 2014
Was a TA for a 300 level class, very easy to handle and got great feedback from professors on how to better my own skills.
Fun place to work
Graduate Assistant, (Former Employee), Bloomington, INSeptember 11, 2014
Fun place to work and great way to earn good teaching experience and have fun.

1 2 3 4 5