Indiana University Employee Review

View all Indiana University reviews

Fun, learning environment where peers worked together to simplify otherwise difficult subjects.
Peer Tutor for Python (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 25, 2013
Typically, I would wait for someone to ask me for help if they were having issues with a particularly difficult problem or I would ask around if anyone needed help. If they did, I would work with them to help them come to a correct solution without giving it away. The challenge was to have them use what they already knew to arrive at a solution without too much help coming from you.
My supervisor was really kind and helpful, and the other peer tutors would help and advise me when necessary.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when a student would recall something you had taught them in prior sessions and use that to come up with a solution on the current problem.
Pros
free soda pop and snack.

Other Indiana University Employee Reviews

Indiana University is a Gem of the Midwest
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 12, 2017
Indiana University is an outstanding academic institution that brings people from all over the world to the small town of Bloomington, Indiana. There ideas, beliefs, cultures, foods, and sports are blended together.
Loved working in the violin shop
Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 6, 2017
It wasn't a career position; I was a student at the time and it was a great job for that. I would have loved to have stayed there for a full-time position, but one was not available.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
barely above minimum wage