Indiana University

Indiana University Employer Reviews

enjoyable fun job
Tutor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2014
Pros: free events and food on campus
Cons: no benefits
good company
good management
very personable diverse coworkers
great flexibility with schedule
Great working environment
Peer Mentor Coordinator (Former Employee), South Bend, INMarch 26, 2014
I enjoyed working in this environment. We had some great working relationships. We got our work done and had a good time doing it. I beleive that working as a team is the best way to get things done! I enjoyed helping college students get acclimated to college life. We did lots of activities with the students so they felt as though they were supported. – more... Great time! – less
Graduate student program
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Bloomington, INMarch 8, 2014
The IU Chemistry graduate program is pretty nice. The faculty that you interact with through classes and teaching are all very friendly. The in-house electronic and machine shops are also really great.
A great way to learn time management
Associate Instructor (Current Employee), Bloomington, INMarch 3, 2014
As a graduate student, we are given a AI position. It depends on which professor/instructor you work for but usually it entails grading. It really taught me to be enthusiastic not just about my own work but to also to be enthusiastic when fostering someone's education. The hardest part of the job is when students don't seem to care or work hard but – more... when they do, it is always satisfactory to see their progress. – less
Great place!
Research Assistant (Current Employee), IndianaMarch 1, 2014
Loved working here while I was a student. Perfect job at the time.
Great place to work!
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Bloomington, INFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: most fun "work" i have ever had
Cons: paid on contract
I really enjoy working for IU. The pay is great the management are steller and the best part is enriching young minds with the knowlege I have learned.
Good Job
Environmental Operations (Custodian) (Current Employee), Bloomington, INFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: interactions with students and meeting new people.
Cons: exssesive trash and work load
Cleaning and sanitation of all restrooms and student facilities, including computer labs, exercise equipment and laundry areas. Mopping,stripping,sealing,and waxing floors
Great School
Teachers Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Bloomington, INFebruary 8, 2014
Being a teaching assistant at IU was nothing but enjoyable. You get to meet many people, teach new students, and gain new skills.
Improved my communication skills, productive and gained a lot of knowledge
Associate Instructor (Current Employee), Bloomington, INFebruary 7, 2014
My work, is basically assisting and helping the students, in the course Big Data Applications and Analytics.
I help the students in their problems, and assist the professor in the course material.
IUPUI
Desktop Application Support Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2014
I believe IU is a good place to work for, but the pay is really terrible here and the ability to move up is almost zero.
Productive, learned new things
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJanuary 21, 2014
I would go to office at 9 a.m. Run simulations of virus epitopes.
Write scripts.
Wonderful, supportive and motivating working environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Research centerJanuary 18, 2014
Wonderful, supportive and motivating working environment
Associate Instructor
Associate Instructor (Current Employee), Bloomington, INJanuary 11, 2014
Taught an undergraduate calculus course to more than forty students. Assisted in graduate-level math courses,including leading sections and tutoring students individually
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 22, 2013
Pros: the benefits are great!
Cons: sometimes where you work and where you park is a long distance. wear gym shoes!
I worked here for 8 years. This was the best job I had in my working life.
Great University, Good Program
Executive Producer, Producer, Director (Former Employee), Bloomington, INDecember 1, 2013
Staff at university very knowledgeable and helpful. Class sizes very large, but it is a large university. Equipment is good and quality work is being produced by students. More help with job placement in senior year could increase hiring rate for students.
Spanish and Portuguese AI
Assistant Instructor of Spanish (Current Employee), Bloomington, INNovember 25, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: no office
This was such a great job! They really prepare you well for basically any situation, while also being a graduate student! The expectations are high, and especially with taking graduate classes this often leads to a really poor work/life balance, but most assistant instructors also experience this.
Great Starting Point
Administrative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good job security, friendly people
I came to IU after working in the private sector. The pace and culture is very different in the academic world. It's not nearly as dynamic and innovation driven. The people however are very friendly and the benefits are excellent. Excellent place for people looking for workplace flexibility over skill development.
It is an ok place to work.
Office Services Assistant Senior, (Current Employee), Bloomington, INNovember 6, 2013
Pros: the benefits are great.
Cons: management
There is alot to learn, and not much training.Management is weak.
An enlightening experience
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Bloomington, IndianaOctober 2, 2013
Students typically come it either at the beginning of the tutoring session, Or not at all. It definitely helped reinforce my knowledge of discreet logic in computer science.
A good school for people who want to do research
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Bloomington, INAugust 25, 2013
Indiana University-Bloomington is a good place for people who want to do research. The town itself is a pretty laid-back mid-western town yet with plenty of entertainments. The school has world-class research facilities and supports.

1 2 3 4