Indiana University Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent organization
Marketing Course Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 14, 2016
Indiana University Bloomington campus provided excellent training and support for its support staff. The program was extremely transparent. Extra work was always available and challenging.
excellent
Student (Current Employee) –  bloomingtonJuly 13, 2016
made strides in every area of the job and excelled at playing football and recruiting players to join the team. Ensured that each player was represented appropriately
Unorganized, mortuary work environment
Issuing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 27, 2016
Management is in their own world, making changes and not telling employees that it affect. no talking allowed or you get in trouble, like working in a mortuary.
Indiana University
Professor (Current Employee) –  SPEAJune 12, 2016
Its a great place to work if you have a full time job. The students are well behaved and there is no interference from the employer in teaching.
Flexible yet professional position
Undergraduate Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 7, 2016
The position as an undergraduate instructor involved attending classes and labs. During which I helped lead and aid the instructor in communicating course material to students. This was a satisfying job that I held for three semesters. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing confused students grasping the material once they came to you for help. I found interest in the idea that I provided a refreshing perspective on the material that helped students understand complex material.
System Development internship in Indiana University Kokomo
SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 16, 2016
As a developer, I worked with a programming team that had excellent management as well as excellent team members. The team was enjoyable to work with; and the clients were very knowledgeable of the system that they were asking from us for development.
Good place to teach and work
Adjunct Lecturer, Indiana University Southeast (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 27, 2016
I only have worked at IU part time, but it is a very dedicated institution of higher education. I learned patience and how to motivate people. As an adjunct, I had limited contact with co-workers, but when I did, they were always very helpful and supportive. The hardest part of the job was grading, as it takes hours and I am very meticulous. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the students master a concept and the joy and satisfaction it brought them.
Productive and flexible work time
Student Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 13, 2016
I worked part time 11+ hours per week and my supervisor always understand my schedule as a full time student. My working schedule is mainly on the weekend and after school
Awesome Job, Awesome People
Cook/Cashier, Cafe Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 30, 2016
Indiana University is the best place I've ever had the privilege of working for. Most everyone I have worked with is incredibly caring, nice, and understanding. The job can sometimes get difficult and hectic, but it makes it easier knowing you have a group of fully supportive co-workers and managers. All employees are treated with respect and are compensated well for the work they do. I would, and have, recommended this job to others.
Productive work place.
Associate Instructor (Former Employee) –  BloomingtonMarch 15, 2016
I learned a lot while working at Indiana University, Bloomington. Besides, I gained valuable teaching experience with teaching an undergraduate class and gaining familiarity with the technology to teach the classes effectively.

Want to know more about Indiana University?

Ask a question
Great
Language instructor assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 2, 2016
My typical day of work was gratifying and fulfilling. I was the Spanish language assistant to the Spanish Professor in Indiana University. I learnt Spanish grammar; teaching skills; methodology; and interpersonal working skills with my coworkers. I also learned to manage time properly and to meet schedules on time.
The hardest part of my job was not to be able to teach, and the most enjoyable part of my job was to interact with students in a multicultural setting.
Support academic culture
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 1, 2016
The University supports the production of scholarship as a "R1" research facility. Staff and faculty are very congenial.
Pros
flexible scheduling of classes
Cons
Need for mentors
Na
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2016
NOT APPLICABLE. Its not a company. Its a good place to work. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Fun place to work. Timing is bit erratic.
Leading educational institution with diverse job opportunities
Disability Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 18, 2016
Indiana University provides excellent benefits, and lots of resources for employees. Good support for work/life balance and employee health. However, at times the size of the institution makes it a challenging work environment.
Pros
Wellness programs
Cons
Bureaucracy
Great place to go to graduate school
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 8, 2016
Good faculty, nice town, and great facilities.
This is a grad school review, indeed, it's not like it's a company I work for, you're just making me write more. Is this enough?
Secure Jobs and Friendly Culture
Fiscal & Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 27, 2016
A University is a great place to work if you want a secure career and less chance of layoff. Depending on which department you land in, you could work with wonderful people or not so wonderful. But that's the same for any work situation. Because it's a State entity, it is dependent upon government funding, so pay is not as high. But they do take care of their employees with an unbeatable benefits package.
Pros
Benefits Package, Collaborative Culture, Intelligent Atmosphere
Cons
Low Wages
Free cake, mouth holes...what more could you ask for??????
Grunwald Gallery of Art (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 20, 2016
It was fun when i worked on things. I couldn't believe how much fun I had. I mean WOW! I shoved so much free cake down my hot mouth hole...
Bakery boring
Production Baker/Bakery Asst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 20, 2016
The pastry chef does not care about her people she worked us to death with unrealistic goals.
Co-Workers loved them, what I learned is how not to treat my employees.
Pros
free drinks
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 15, 2016
Indiana University is a great place, at least in the Psychology Department. The people there are really nice and offer great opportunities. Of course, not everyone and everything is perfect, but really, the job I had, being a UTA, was one of the best jobs I ever had.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not so great job security
Awesome atmospher
Secretary, Titan Success Center (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 5, 2016
Co-workers are the best here. They are open and honest about what was to take place day to day. We all learned together with a department that is only 1 school year old.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indiana University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3