Indiana University

Indiana University Employer Reviews

Enjoyed working for IU School of Medicine
Registered Nurse/ Clinic Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis INNovember 3, 2014
The benefits were great!!! I miss working for them. I felt a sense of accomplishment with my job.
Working at Indiana University
Supplier Diversity Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 30, 2014
Pros: discount education cost; advancement
Indiana University was the best job I ever had because of the challenges I encountered that made be a better person. I loved the educational environment and the flexibility of your work schedule. My supervisor was such a team player and a leader. The hardest part of my job was overseeing the implementation of a online electronic Tier Two Reporting System. This system was designed by IU technology staff and I had to make sure they understood all the functions we needed to make this system a success. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we completed a report that showed our minority, women and veteran utilization was above goal level and when our system went liv.
Professional
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2014
The internship prepared me well for the workforce. I worked with many individuals that are well-respected within different aspects of the nutrition field. I feel that I finished this internship strong, well-rounded, and capable. I believe my transition into the workforce will be smooth because of my experience in IUPUI.
Fun place to study and work at
Research Assistant (NGS Data Analysis Service) (Current Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaOctober 17, 2014
I really loved the three biology courses (molecular genomics, biochem, cell biology) provided by the IBMG program at School of Medicine. They are very intense and informative. However, the courses provided by School of Informatics were not so helpful. In many cases instructors just let students make presentations instead of giving lectures themselves. Probably that's because School of Informatics was founded not long ago.

The working intensity and enjoyability of research assistant really depends on the department and the lab. So be sure to ask current members before entering a lab. If you hear something like "hmm, the professor is strict on students", then it is possibly a hint for a mean professor. Remember that the relationship between a professor and a graduate student is like master and apprentice, which is very different from modern employment relationships. So a good professor can help you a lot, meanwhile, a bad professor can hurt you a lot.
Very nice environment, very nice co-workers
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Bloomington, INOctober 6, 2014
My co-workers were very nice and friendly
Variety of work during the day which I enjoyed
Practice my english while learning new software
Direct contact with patients at front desk and over the phone
the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with my co-workers during lunch time, and being able to walk at lunch time
Very close to my home, 15 minutes commute
Critical Access
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Bedford, INOctober 1, 2014
3 Shifts a week, decent pay, walking for 12 hours, patient care
Excellent Employer
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 28, 2014
I have worked for IUPUI (different departments) for 5 years. I love this institution
A fun relaxing job
Custodian (Current Employee), Bloomington, INSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
I am typically kept busy with my daily routine. I enjoy working with my co-workers they are very caring people. The hardest part of the job is getting everything ready for students to come back after summer. I enjoy making sure the students have a clean comfortable area to live in while furthering their education.
Take care of their staff
General Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, INSeptember 24, 2014
Working at IU was the absolute greatest. You had full support from management and directors and everyday was something different.
Camaraderie
UITS System Admin (Former Employee), Gary, INSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: access to free software for personal use because of lsp privileges, and free training.
Cons: short breaks, max out pay scale quickly.
Typical day would be consisting of coordinating projects with your team members, and working on the next project on the list as well as taking care of vendor requests. I've learned to manage multiple projects as well as making the right recommendations for the advancement of the university.
Good Mentoring
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomington, INSeptember 15, 2014
Was a TA for a 300 level class, very easy to handle and got great feedback from professors on how to better my own skills.
Fun place to work
Graduate Assistant, (Former Employee), Bloomington, INSeptember 11, 2014
Fun place to work and great way to earn good teaching experience and have fun.
Student support lacking
Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Bloomington, INSeptember 5, 2014
If you are looking for one-on-one mentorship, there are likely better graduate fiction MFA programs.
Great place to work!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Bloomington, INSeptember 3, 2014
They are very relaxed and I love everyone I work with. The management is wonderful and I truly love everyone there.
IPFW is a really good place to work, I have learn so much from being a part of team.
Student Records and Transcripts (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free tee shirts and discounts at different places
Cons: the pay could be higher, have not had a raise in 4 years
We have some crunch times every semester that can be make it hard but my co-workers are a great team to work with. When we work together as a team, we are able to accomplish our goal to help the students accomplish their goal of receiving their education. Also, faculty is able to provide their grades so transcript are updated in a timely manner. The management is great too, I am confident that they will look out for their workers and help to make things go smooth. All of this makes it enjoyable to work together in the office. I have learned so much from working at this university from working as a team, helping students accomplish their goals, balancing my work life, learning different cultures and dealing with so many personalities.
great place to work
External Affairs Associate (Former Employee), IUPUIAugust 10, 2014
helped with all facets of external operations. I learned about donors and donor relations. operations
N/A
Director of Digital Design (Current Employee), Bloomington, INAugust 8, 2014
Fast-paced work environment on a beautiful campus in an amazing town.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2014
Pros: iupui has everything!
Cons: parking
A typical day at work consisted of entering facility workers' timecards online. I learned how to easily use the number keypad without even looking at the keys. Management was good and helpful. My co-workers were wonderful. Nothing really hard about the job. Loved not having to deal with people and just enter data on a computer. Best job ever!
UNORGANIZED
LINE COOK (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2014
COME IN TO WORK DOING MY JOB ALONG WITH OTHERS IVE LEARNED TO ASK UP FRONT ABOUT RESPONISBITIES TO AVOID MISCOMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT ARE ONLY BOSSES DO AS I SAY WITH LEARDERSHIP IT SHOULD BE DO AS I DO LOVED THEM ESPECILLY THE ONE WHO LOVE TO WORK AS MYSELF THE HARDEST WAS LETTING IT BE KNOWN THAT RIGHTS IS RIGHT AND WRONG IS WRONG THE MOST ENJOYABLE THINGS WAS PROVING PEOPLE THAT THERE WRONG AND HELPING / MEETING PATIENTS
Great college job
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee), South Bend, INJuly 20, 2014
This was a great college job where I learned basic sales techniques. Excellent training meetings.

Indiana University Photos