Indiana University

Indiana University Employer Reviews

Great place!
Research Assistant (Current Employee), IndianaMarch 1, 2014
Loved working here while I was a student. Perfect job at the time.
Great place to work!
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Bloomington, INFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: most fun "work" i have ever had
Cons: paid on contract
I really enjoy working for IU. The pay is great the management are steller and the best part is enriching young minds with the knowlege I have learned.
Work-life balance and mentally challenging!
WeBWorK Analyst - Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomington, INFebruary 13, 2014
Very nice family oriented and academically flourishing environment. Job security and work life balance are the main plus points.
Good Job
Environmental Operations (Custodian) (Current Employee), Bloomington, INFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: interactions with students and meeting new people.
Cons: exssesive trash and work load
Cleaning and sanitation of all restrooms and student facilities, including computer labs, exercise equipment and laundry areas. Mopping,stripping,sealing,and waxing floors
Great School
Teachers Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Bloomington, INFebruary 8, 2014
Being a teaching assistant at IU was nothing but enjoyable. You get to meet many people, teach new students, and gain new skills.
Improved my communication skills, productive and gained a lot of knowledge
Associate Instructor (Current Employee), Bloomington, INFebruary 7, 2014
My work, is basically assisting and helping the students, in the course Big Data Applications and Analytics.
I help the students in their problems, and assist the professor in the course material.
IUPUI
Desktop Application Support Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2014
I believe IU is a good place to work for, but the pay is really terrible here and the ability to move up is almost zero.
Productive, learned new things
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJanuary 21, 2014
I would go to office at 9 a.m. Run simulations of virus epitopes.
Write scripts.
Wonderful, supportive and motivating working environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Research centerJanuary 18, 2014
Wonderful, supportive and motivating working environment
Associate Instructor
Associate Instructor (Current Employee), Bloomington, INJanuary 11, 2014
Taught an undergraduate calculus course to more than forty students. Assisted in graduate-level math courses,including leading sections and tutoring students individually
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 22, 2013
Pros: the benefits are great!
Cons: sometimes where you work and where you park is a long distance. wear gym shoes!
I worked here for 8 years. This was the best job I had in my working life.
Great University, Good Program
Executive Producer, Producer, Director (Former Employee), Bloomington, INDecember 1, 2013
Staff at university very knowledgeable and helpful. Class sizes very large, but it is a large university. Equipment is good and quality work is being produced by students. More help with job placement in senior year could increase hiring rate for students.
Spanish and Portuguese AI
Assistant Instructor of Spanish (Current Employee), Bloomington, INNovember 25, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: no office
This was such a great job! They really prepare you well for basically any situation, while also being a graduate student! The expectations are high, and especially with taking graduate classes this often leads to a really poor work/life balance, but most assistant instructors also experience this.
Great Starting Point
Administrative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good job security, friendly people
I came to IU after working in the private sector. The pace and culture is very different in the academic world. It's not nearly as dynamic and innovation driven. The people however are very friendly and the benefits are excellent. Excellent place for people looking for workplace flexibility over skill development.
It is an ok place to work.
Office Services Assistant Senior, (Current Employee), Bloomington, INNovember 6, 2013
Pros: the benefits are great.
Cons: management
There is alot to learn, and not much training.Management is weak.
An enlightening experience
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Bloomington, IndianaOctober 2, 2013
Students typically come it either at the beginning of the tutoring session, Or not at all. It definitely helped reinforce my knowledge of discreet logic in computer science.
Fun, learning environment where peers worked together to simplify otherwise difficult subjects.
Peer Tutor for Python (Former Employee), Bloomington, INSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: free soda pop and snack.
Typically, I would wait for someone to ask me for help if they were having issues with a particularly difficult problem or I would ask around if anyone needed help. If they did, I would work with them to help them come to a correct solution without giving it away. The challenge was to have them use what they already knew to arrive at a solution without – more... too much help coming from you.
My supervisor was really kind and helpful, and the other peer tutors would help and advise me when necessary.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when a student would recall something you had taught them in prior sessions and use that to come up with a solution on the current problem. – less
A good school for people who want to do research
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Bloomington, INAugust 25, 2013
Indiana University-Bloomington is a good place for people who want to do research. The town itself is a pretty laid-back mid-western town yet with plenty of entertainments. The school has world-class research facilities and supports.
UITS Review
Computer Consultant (Former Employee), Bloomington, INAugust 19, 2013
Pros: close to home, flexible, at the library and allowed homework
Cons: worked evenings, low pay.
This was my first IT job and it was through IU, where I went to college. It was good experience and good income for being in school.
Wonderful place and department to work for.
Associate Instructor of Voice (Former Employee), Bloomington, IndianaAugust 14, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Indiana University. The secondary voice department was a wonderful place to work - organized and efficient. I enjoyed teaching my students and found it very rewarding.