Indiana University Employee Reviews

university surly means something
Teaching Assistant, Introduction to Accounting (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 15, 2012
This is the most beautiful campus I've ever seen. People in this town has the perfect attitude towards life and work. Students here can choose their own lifestyle. I am proud of being a hoosier.
Pros
nice environment with the fabulous faculties
Cons
the limited access to job market
Spanish and Portuguese AI
Assistant Instructor of Spanish (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 25, 2013
This was such a great job! They really prepare you well for basically any situation, while also being a graduate student! The expectations are high, and especially with taking graduate classes this often leads to a really poor work/life balance, but most assistant instructors also experience this.
Pros
great experience
Cons
no office
Productive enviornment but alot of down time and only part time employment
RPS Maintenece Facilites (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 14, 2015
It was an ok position but only part time, and wasn't a very rewarding position a lot of down time waiting on laundry to get done and then once it was done it was done there was only the cleaning process then it was down time and nothing more to do but find something to do. No room for Advancement.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
No room for Advancing
Great Place to Work
Software Developer/Web Programmer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 25, 2013
 Supported the Office of Enrollment Management Departments.
 Created and updated VB scripts that were requested by Admission Department.
 Developed web applications used by staff and students.
 Used the MySQL database along with the PeopleSoft application to perform automated data entry using iOpus scripts written in visual basic.
Great Starting Point
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2013
I came to IU after working in the private sector. The pace and culture is very different in the academic world. It's not nearly as dynamic and innovation driven. The people however are very friendly and the benefits are excellent. Excellent place for people looking for workplace flexibility over skill development.
Pros
great benefits, good job security, friendly people
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 15, 2016
Indiana University is a great place, at least in the Psychology Department. The people there are really nice and offer great opportunities. Of course, not everyone and everything is perfect, but really, the job I had, being a UTA, was one of the best jobs I ever had.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not so great job security
Great work environment
Founder and Director (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 12, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed supporting and improving student life at Indiana University, Bloomington.

The hardest but most rewarding function of the job is to know that the students are their for a season and "good-bye's" are certain.
Pros
self rewarding experiences
Cons
compensation extremely low/ compared to corporate
Network Specialist at Indiana University
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 3, 2015
 Remediate issues with customer & campus systems
 Close interaction with IU Electronics regarding communications with University Telecom equipment and field devices, such as Security/Ademco Panels
 Install and test cabling following Indiana University procedures
 Install and diagnose connectivity with Wireless Access Points
 Install and register VoIP phones for departments inside of Indiana University
Productive, Efficient
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 12, 2013
The management did an excellent job communicating with the staff. There is a terrific training program in place. The schedule was 9-5:30 with lunch break of 30 minutes. Day started with deposits, then after lunch we did accounts receivables. The job was simple enough. My boss was the most enjoyable part of the job.
It was an amazing place to go to school and be a student athlete.
Member of the Sigma Triton (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 13, 2015
I loved the entire time I spent at IU there were amazing friends, teachers, and coaches that taught me a lot along the way. I wouldn't trade my experience at Indiana for anything.
Great employment setting with room to grow and advance
Chair of BSN and Higher Degree Nursing Programs (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INFebruary 3, 2015
Nice collegial environment
Great benefits and resources
Quality education provided
Great community environment
Good advancement opportunities
Great connection to a state-wide university system
Pros
very responsive to new educational initiatives
Cons
poor campus-wide chancellor leadership
Productive something different everyday, fun place to work
Library Assistant part-time (Current Employee) –  Gary, INDecember 31, 2014
Provide excellent customer service, responsible for answering and transferring phone calls to proper departments, counting , maintaining an accurate petty cash bank, imputing personal information into the customer etc...
Pros
breaks
Cons
no benefits, no vacation pay
Professional
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2014
The internship prepared me well for the workforce. I worked with many individuals that are well-respected within different aspects of the nutrition field. I feel that I finished this internship strong, well-rounded, and capable. I believe my transition into the workforce will be smooth because of my experience in IUPUI.
Education environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  BloomingtonDecember 8, 2014
As a graduate student, there were opportunities to learn from faculty and to create my own space within the field. Bloomington is an incubator for ideas and study of education. Work life balance was difficult as the town revolves around the university - hard to escape.
Fun and educative work environment
Associate Instructor, School of Journalism (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 21, 2014
I taech and help freshman students and sophomores in a course, Visual communication. This course includes 3 different sections: Photography(shooting and editing), Video(Shooting and editing, using final cut pro), Magazine spread design(using Indesign).
Pros
constant learning
Great University, Good Program
Executive Producer, Producer, Director (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 1, 2013
Staff at university very knowledgeable and helpful. Class sizes very large, but it is a large university. Equipment is good and quality work is being produced by students. More help with job placement in senior year could increase hiring rate for students.
Challenging position, fun to teach
Associate Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 27, 2013
Fun and challenging to teach laboratories at the college level while balancing graduate work and research.
Teaching provides you with the confidence to stand in front of many people and you must understand the material very well to explain subjects in multiple ways so students understand.
Overall Nice Place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 10, 2012
Great atmosphere to work in. Managers and directors are very friendly and easy to work with. All my co-workers are also hard working and easy to get along with.
Pros
great co-workers and bosses, nice work environment
Cons
not a career path, just a job, some of the customers are extremely rude
Productive workplace with scope to improve knowledge and skills.
Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 14, 2015
Great opportunity as part-time graduate assistant. Good balance of work and studies. Weekly group meetings allowed me to interact with wide number of students from different background.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No cons as such.
Great place with good people
Head Tech (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 17, 2015
Between all my jobs at Indiana University I have not found a single person that I work for that is bad. I love the people I work for and the jobs that I do. Each job brings something different and adds to my knowledge and experience.

4.3