Indiana University

Indiana University Employer Reviews

Great learning experience
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomington, INMay 13, 2012
Being the undergrad teaching assistant for AMID-R 404 was a great experience that I enjoyed thoroughly. I spent my time fulfilling this role by answering students’ questions mainly via email. I always made sure to reply to emails within 12 hours. I also graded class products, which involved using an Excel document and filling in the students’ answers. – more... Some Excel sheets had problematic formulas in it from prior semesters, so I fixed these formulas to ensure that grades were fair and 100 percent correct. By creating another Excel spreadsheet, I organized each student’s grades and input them into the student gradebook promptly. I also held review sessions for the exams, so I spent some time recreating my personal study guide so that I could answer student questions accurately and efficiently. I also did daily classroom tasks such as distribute and collect papers as well as alphabetize projects. One of my favorite duties during this class was watching finals presentations towards the end of the semester, and giving the Professor my feedback on them. I felt as if my feedback was valued and that I had a say in the classroom environment. – less
Overall Nice Place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Bloomington, INMay 10, 2012
Pros: great co-workers and bosses, nice work environment
Cons: not a career path, just a job, some of the customers are extremely rude
Great atmosphere to work in. Managers and directors are very friendly and easy to work with. All my co-workers are also hard working and easy to get along with.
Great place to work and learn
Post-doctoral fellow (Current Employee), Bloomington, INMay 6, 2012
IU provides amazing infrastructure, work ethics and environment for research, science and education in highly competitive and sophisticated fields.
leader in education and diversity
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Bloomington, INMay 3, 2012
Pros: educational committment
I.U. embrace diversity and gave me an opportunity to persue a dream
Excellent work environment
Administrative Assistant/Office Clerk (Current Employee), Bloomington, INApril 10, 2012
Great way to add to your career
Able to set my own hours around school schedule.
nice temp assignment
Customer Service Billing CLerk (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2012
Pros: no pros
Cons: no benefits, any time off is without pay
I am working for IU through a temp service. I like the job and my coworkers.
I have no benefits because I am a temp employee, so that is why Im looking for
a more secure job.
An excellent opportunity for any Math major/minor
Undergraduate Intern (Current Employee), Bloomington, INMarch 31, 2012
Duties vary based on which class and professor you are assigned too. I tutored M118 for 4 semesters and V118 for 1. Most UGI's are required to either hold office hours or go help out in the M118 tutoring room for 2.5 hrs/week. UGI's are also required to proctor and grade all tests.
Great job, I love the Math department. The pay is GREAT for the amount – more... of work you do. Strong encourage any Math major to apply. – less
Work-life balance and mentally challenging!
WeBWorK Analyst - Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomington, INFebruary 13, 2014
Very nice family oriented and academically flourishing environment. Job security and work life balance are the main plus points.