Indiana Wesleyan University Employee Reviews in United States

Disloyal and less forthright leadership than secular institutions
Lead Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 26, 2016
After 10 years of developing the online unit into a noticeable success the leadership engaged in cost cutting through turnover. The disloyalty was profound.
Pros
Positive relationships with coworkers
Cons
Disengenious leadership
Valuable experience working directly with a Principle Investigator
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 16, 2016
I loved working here because I participated in experimental design, performance, analysis, and presentation. The individualized mentoring I received from my principle investigator was the most valuable to me.
Pros
One on one mentoring, working with a graduate lab
Great Work environment.
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 10, 2016
Excellent staff and faculty. Collaborative, flexible work. The hours and work are long during the academic year, however, slows in the summer.
Great environment - wonderful people
On-line Regional Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marion, INApril 21, 2016
I enjoy going to work daily and greatly enjoy working with my co-workers and supervisors. I am blessed to work in a Christian environment that values family.
Pros
Flexible
Fun place to work. great community.
GROUNDS WORKER (FULL-TIME) (Current Employee) –  Marion, INApril 13, 2016
very laid back and flexible place to work. very encouraging atmosphere with great co-workers and managers. great benefits. not the best pay.
Indiana Wesleyan University
Fitness Instructor, Nursing Tutor, Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 17, 2016
Mediocre management. Typical college jobs. Short shifts. Must hold multiple jobs to make ends meet and pay bills. Management works with class schedule. Expect to work weekends and odd shifts.
Indiana Wesleyan University
Adjunct Online Nursing Professor (Current Employee) –  onlineJanuary 21, 2016
I worked in the online environment. The students were excited and eager to learn. I truly enjoy the experience and the work environment.
Community was great!
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 30, 2015
Over the year and a half that I worked at IWU, I gained invaluable experience in the office administration field. I became proficient with Microsoft Office suite, as well as Outlook, and various administrative programs. With time, I mastered the copier/scanner and a multi-line phone system.
I had a very good experience with management. My supervisor gave me space to do my work in my own way. She maintained a good balance between being a friend and being a supervisor.
My co-workers, including my supervisor, were all awesome! An absolute pleasure to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the day was brewing the first pot of coffee.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Tedious Tasks
Great place to work...
Program Representative (Current Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 13, 2015
Great place to work! Not a lot of upward movement, but coworkers are a plus to work with. Great Christian environment. I really enjoy being allowed to make family/life events, like games, plays and holidays!
Pros
Christian values, coworkers
Cons
lack of movement
Good atmosphere, communicative bosses
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 3, 2015
Varied, with multiple different tasks. Many hours spent on the computer, many spent walking the halls and inventorying. All of the student coworkers got on well, and our bosses were very kind and understanding of stressful school schedules. The professors in the office were very outgoing and learned names quickly, connecting to us. A great family atmosphere. Hardest part was when there was no outside of the office work and we spent four hours in front of a computer screen. The best part was when we got to run errands for the professors and help with their lab problems.
A Good Work Environment
Evening Building Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INOctober 5, 2015
My job consisted of
Building management,
Desk management,
Phones,
Administration/Faculty/Student relations and communication,
Set up of classrooms and conference spaces,
& Technology Support

I worked with good, kind, and fair people. It was, in general, a good work environment.
A flexible and relaxing work place with intellectual leaders
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Marion, INSeptember 7, 2015
The job was able to be done on our own time. We would go get items from the store if necessary and set up items in groups of two or three people.
Pros
Nice boss, flexible hours, friends with the co-workers, learned time management
Great managers, friendly environment
Landscaper/Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 18, 2015
Typical days involved meeting in the morning, planning the work for the day, then mowing, weedeating, and general maintenance of athletic fields at the university. Physical labor. Great managing team, friendly work environment.
Pros
30 minute morning break, 1 hour lunch
Cons
no afternoon break
Great work and learning environment
Office Assistant/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Marion,IndianaJuly 4, 2015
Answer phones. Sort distribute Mail. Scan employee benefit documents and link to personnel files. Complete vendor bills. Preliminary screen and sort job applications. Keep record and inventory control of all office supplies. Completes verbal and written employment verifications.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Limited Budget/ Opportunities for Advancement
Great Environment
Peer Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJune 20, 2015
Had an amazing time working with a multitude of people from many backgrounds. Working alongside the professors was a great opportunity to develop my skills while enjoying my experiences coaching freshman and to be a part of the academic community at IWU.
Most peacefull organized work place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marion, INJune 15, 2015
The people working here at IWU are just wonderful. They are very welcoming and peaceful to be around. Employees are more of friends and family than just an employee they understand there is a life outside of work and things happen.
Active and creative workplace with multiple opportunites for growth
Student Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJune 10, 2015
The Student Activities Council at Indiana Wesleyan University creates a team of leaders who work together to accomplish large feats of creativity and enjoyment. The council created an event called Spotted Cow in which multiple music artists attended and the students enjoyed a break from studying to eat and play games with other students. As part of the council, I learned to communicate effectively to other team members and businesses. I loved painting posters and advertising for the events. I loved brainstorming with my team members as well.
Pros
Free food, access to the supply closet when not working
Cons
Did not get paid for events, only time spent in the office
Simple work
Receptionist/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 20, 2015
This job was simple, but not always easy, as it was within the Graduate Counseling Clinic of Indiana Wesleyan. Some nights were ultra-busy, others were ultra-slow. Management was excellent. The best part of the job was meeting new students and meeting the clients.
Pros
Simple work
Cons
pay rate
great place
Full time student (Current Employee) –  louisville kyMay 6, 2015
good benefits free school, great staff and place to work for... loved this place . students and coworkers are the best part
Stressful place to work
Resident Director (Former Employee) –  Marion, INApril 28, 2015
At the time I was at IWU it was poorly run by the Vice President of Student Development, he was underqualified for his job and no longer works there.

-Last minute deadlines with unrealistic expectations.

-Employers are stressed and that trickled down to my level.

-Poor communication

-Poor management

-Co-workers found support with each other
Pros
I was able to get summers and holidays off
Cons
Work was 100% always stressful, pressure on all fronts due to employers always feeling anxious, feeling of being worried about losing there jobs.

4.3