Indianapolis Zoo

Indianapolis Zoo Employer Reviews

travis groce
I love animals (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2015
241=6154 I can start working anytime I am very dependable and I have reliable transporation I can do anything that needs to be done and I will be at work every day to shovel elephant dunn if that is what needs to be done
Amazing experience and wonderful coworkers
Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaJanuary 12, 2015
Always exciting and usually fast paced
Wide-range of experience with all animals
indianapolis zoo is a good summer job
rides operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 13, 2014
Pros: fun job
Cons: being out in hot cold wheather
a typical work day for me is a meeting before you start you daily duties then we get assigned a area we would clean are areas and test run the rides then open up to guest ,ive learned a lot about customer service and how ti confront and talk to guest the managers were awesome they were always their to help my co worker were good people to work with most of them showed great team work the hardest part of the job was just being out in the weather and some customers were hard to deal with the most enjoyable part of my job was just being around people and kids
great
tourism, sales (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2014
calm and very fun environment very friendly and customers and employees are always great
Perfect summer job
Admissions Hostess (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2014
Pros: great coworkers!!!!
Cons: short breaks
The management staff is excellent. They face many obstacles each day and work through them quickly and efficiently. So very friendly and always remember my name!
Great place to take your children!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: good pay and wonderful coworkers
Cons: short breaks and no guarantee to work on a day scheduled
I love working at the zoo because I learned much about customer service and cashier work. A typical day was going in and setting up the cash register and dependent upon where you worked, you would either sell entrance tickets or tickets to ride the train. I liked the management but we got new management halfway through the work period so the expectations and rules got changed without the employees knowing. I loved everyone that I worked with. I had no problems with any of them. I think that the hardest part of the job was not knowing whether or not you would have to come in to work or not. It was not always guaranteed that you would have to come in to work that day. The most enjoyable part was watching the kids leave with a smile just as big as it was when they came in.
Not too bad of a job
Attractions Ride Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: fun being around the animals, 25 cent raise every season
Cons: management sucks, no matter the weather you are working.
The summers were hot and the winters were cold. If your job is outside be prepared to work no matter the weather. The coworkers are very nice and fun, the management dont really know what they are doing.
Fun to work with animals, but, very poor upper management.
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2012
Pros: animals, zoo keepers, supervisor
Cons: poor upper management
Working with skilled tradesmen taught me alot about electricity and carpentry..