Indianapolis Zoo

Indianapolis Zoo Employer Reviews

great
tourism, sales (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2014
calm and very fun environment very friendly and customers and employees are always great
Perfect summer job
Admissions Hostess (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2014
Pros: great coworkers!!!!
Cons: short breaks
The management staff is excellent. They face many obstacles each day and work through them quickly and efficiently. So very friendly and always remember my name!
Great place to take your children!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: good pay and wonderful coworkers
Cons: short breaks and no guarantee to work on a day scheduled
I love working at the zoo because I learned much about customer service and cashier work. A typical day was going in and setting up the cash register and dependent upon where you worked, you would either sell entrance tickets or tickets to ride the train. I liked the management but we got new management halfway through the work period so the expectations – more... and rules got changed without the employees knowing. I loved everyone that I worked with. I had no problems with any of them. I think that the hardest part of the job was not knowing whether or not you would have to come in to work or not. It was not always guaranteed that you would have to come in to work that day. The most enjoyable part was watching the kids leave with a smile just as big as it was when they came in. – less
Not too bad of a job
Attractions Ride Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: fun being around the animals, 25 cent raise every season
Cons: management sucks, no matter the weather you are working.
The summers were hot and the winters were cold. If your job is outside be prepared to work no matter the weather. The coworkers are very nice and fun, the management dont really know what they are doing.
Fun to work with animals, but, very poor upper management.
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2012
Pros: animals, zoo keepers, supervisor
Cons: poor upper management
Working with skilled tradesmen taught me alot about electricity and carpentry..