Indigo Centers, a fast growing retail real estate firm based in Birmingham, Michigan, is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Leasing Coordinator who functions in an efficient, detail-oriented, and proactive manner to become part of our leasing team. The Leasing Coordinator position is part administrative and part leasing.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Process-oriented with preferably 2-3 years experience in retail real estate.
- Extremely motivated, resourceful and organized.
- Communicative and able to manage their time well.
- Able complete tasks independently with strong attention to detail.
Specific Areas of responsibility would include:
- Handle a broad range of duties from day-to-day including operational activities
- Provide core administrative support such as filing, scanning, copying
- Participate in research projects and disseminate the information
- Produce presentations and reports as necessary
- Interface and coordinate client service activities
- Generate and publish standard leasing reports and develops ad hoc reports as needed
- Compile and track industry-specific data and shopping center information in the company’s shopping center database
- Assist in the preparation of marketing materials
- Participate in the merchandise planning process
- Face to face, telephone, and written cold-calling and canvassing of retail prospects
- Monitor lease expirations and collaborate with the leasing team
- Assist with deal-making activities and support senior management in the leasing process
- Prepare Letters of Intent and learn the lease negotiation process
- Tenant coordination during design and construction phases
- Participate in the lease review and negotiation process
- Participate in industry associations, seminars and events
- Coordinate and participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- College degree preferred
- Retail real estate experience, including malls, a plus
- Must have a State of Michigan real estate license or willing to get one.
- Must have great computer skills, including knowledge of Dropbox and social media
- The ability to critically think and problem solve on a high level
- Enthusiastic, intelligent, creative and flexible
- Great attitude and a desire to understand the retail leasing process
- Strong time management skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments with a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work efficiently with various types of personalities
- High degree of professionalism and strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills required
$38,000-$43,000 per annum plus bonus
- No health insurance offered
- Generous paid time off with up to six (6) weeks after 3 years of service
- Paid Holidays
Principals only, no walk ins, no phone calls.
Indeed - 6 months ago