Indigo Sky Casino Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Bartender/Barback/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, OKAugust 8, 2017
Indigo Sky Casino was a good place to work. With a staff so large you could find a mix of emotions in those around you each day. It was like having an extended family. Although people could have an attitude time to time, we all worked well together. The hardest part of a job such as that is also the most enjoyable. It was dealing with a varied group of people each and every day. The tasks of an individual's personal assignments may be demanding but it was the social aspect that was far more challenging and rewarding. In a large workplace like the casino; tolerance, patience and moral character were pressed and shaped each day.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere, point system for meals
Cons
Stressful at times
Loved it
Server (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, OKJuly 8, 2017
I loved working here and the money was bomb. But the management was awful. I worked there for 2 years, and my new manager and assistant manager decided that maybe hiring 4 new servers during a slow period of the year, really wasnt a good idea. So they started going after peoples job. And they got mine.
Bad Work Environment
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, OKJuly 5, 2017
I was in the housekeeping department and it was by far the worst place I have ever worked. Don't ever say one bad thing on your Facebook page about work otherwise your entire page will be printed off and you will be written up! This place is an entire joke and they treat you like dirt under their feet instead of human beings. You are worth more than that.
Pros
Health Insurance for $50/mo
Cons
Everything.
Awesome company
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Wyndotte OklahomaJune 27, 2017
The tribe offers amazing benefits and family days to have picnics and games they give out prizes and are extremely flexible with the having a family life they are an excellent company to work for
Pros
Awesome company
Line cook/ EDR
EDR Attendant / Cook (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, OKMay 9, 2017
Making Salads and doing Prep in the main kitchen, how to make a variety of salads, dishes, desserts, Ran the Register in the EDR, Dish Washing, Cleaning. Management- Don't get me started please.... Sometimes its was a good environment music playing people laughing other times everyone in bad moods ready to jump down each others throats. Hardest part of the Job. Going to work sick / in Pain. Most Enjoyable being in the EDR and talking to the other employees from all of the other departments and I knew pretty much all of them by there first name even from different shifts. It means A lot to me if I can bring even just a little bit of sunshine into someones day if even for just a brief moment.
Pros
Free Salad, Soup, Cereal and Drinks. Health Insurance
Cons
No Raises, Management needs to work together better
Hostile work environment
Slot Attendant/Slot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, OKMarch 17, 2017
The pay and benefits were amazing and I loved my job. It was very hostile do to the high turnover and low moral. They treated their very well during the holiday season. They would have a Christmas Party at one of their location and have gifts for everyone.
Pros
pay, healthcare, and bonuses
Cons
high turnover, low moral, unreasonable point system
A good place to work
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, OKJanuary 13, 2017
It is a very enjoyable place to work. Management does a good job of working with you, if you need time off or need a certain schedule. All the co-workers are friendly get along with everyone very well.
Pros
A pleasant environment to work in.
Cons
n/a
Fun work environment
Slot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, OKDecember 31, 2016
1st and 2nd shift is where its at. Dont get stuck on 3rd shift. People are fun. Great bosses. They always work around your schedule. Benefits are ok. Could be better. Pto should remain pto not split into sick leave and vacation.
Poor work ethics
Off Track Betting Teller (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, OKJune 26, 2016
This casino is not a good one to work at. The only enjoyable part of this workplace was coming in and seeing your customers. My co-workers sucked. Most of them didn't do there job and some of them couldn't do it right. Management is horrible. You'll never get an advancement unless you are a tribal member. There are no pay raises. When you file a complaint nothing gets done!
Changes managament too much
Dual-rate supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, OKMay 12, 2016
In the four years I worked there they went through four general managers, three table game managers, and a bunch of other management positions. It seems like every year the casino doesn't meet the tribes expectations they clean the house. Other than that the benefits were good. Most of the customers were great, and most of the employees were also great.
Pros
Fun blackjack pit
Cons
regime changes
Really productive job.
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, OKApril 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at Indigo sky Casino. I learned all aspects of the gaming industry including but not limited to security and integrity of Employees and customers. Worked well with management and co-workers. The only problem was when they started changing hours and days off. I was unable to adapt to the situation and had no choice but to leave. Since that time my situation has changed and I can work different hours and have different days off.
Pros
Learning all aspects of the gaming industry, laws, regulations etc.
Cons
Working in a climate controlled area where we needed cold weather clothing.
Revenue Audit
Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  Administrative OfficeNovember 11, 2015
For the last few years, I have been an auditor for Indigo Sky Casino. In that time, I have been the auditor over the highest revenue generating department within the facility. I have met numerous people and developed great working relationships with most of them.
Fun workplace
Valet, and the Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, OKOctober 1, 2015
A typical day of work consists of working with guests to fulfill requests and check-in reservations. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with guests and meeting new people.
Pros
Fun environment, personable management
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity
Fun and Challenging
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Seneca, MOJuly 18, 2015
It is a fairly enjoyable place to work and eat, if you enjoy simple food for a nice price, and with the games on the floor you can both eat and play.
Bingo is one of the most fun jobs
Bingo Clerk (Former Employee) –  BingoJune 15, 2015
Working in the bingo hall here has given me another family. The girls that I get to work with on a daily basis makes it easier and makes it to where I want to go to work each day. The guests that we have coming to play bingo make the job more fun. I can say that even the guests feel like they are part of our "bingo family" when they come to play.
Pros
Working with the bingo girls and the interaction with the guests themselves
Cons
Paying back shortages. (ask)
Not so fun work place.
EVS (Former Employee) –  Seneca, MONovember 5, 2014
I learned you have to keep everything to yourself and there are some things you cannot know. Also you stick to your own work. I learned how to work machines, and ways of handling things on the sales floor. Also when you are supposed to call security.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Breaks
Fastpaced, diverse work environment
Hospitality Sales (Current Employee) –  Wyandote OKOctober 14, 2014
I like that I have the opprotunity to work in several diferent aspects of the casino. It is a very fast paced environment.
Pros
Great Benefits, family friendly
customer service training
Valet, Bell Hop, Pool Boy (Former Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 14, 2014
I was hired as bell-hop but trained at valet.

Valet: Park hotel and casino guest vehicles
Bell-hop: attend to all hotel guest needs, big or small.
ex:. carry baggage, food request, any cleaning request.

bell-hop was just starting up and need charismatic customer service
I would go back and forth between parking cars and bell-hop runs
I would then take over pool boy services

pool boys- attend to all Pool guest request.
ex:. food, drinks, towels.

I personally loved this job.
I learned the ups and downs of the Hotel and casino work place
I got to learn it with Great co-workers
I dealt with some angry casino guest
but also some great Casino and Hotel guest.
I met so many people and heard so many stories.
after awhile I had usual's and became more than a worker
I became a friendly face and a well known name for the guest
I seriously enjoyed it all.
problems came forth when jealousy hit.
some co-working didn't seem it fair that I got 3xs they're tips.
although I did three jobs and seem guest everywhere.
when they show up, when they stayed and when the left.

although the ending was some what aggravating I wouldn't change anything.
Pros
good people, good guest, good money, i got to drive cool cars and make many friends.
Cons
jealousy and strict managers
Was fun working here while it lasted, lots of good team members
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, OKMarch 20, 2014
7 1/2 years as a good team member that did a good job means nothing anymore but I enjoyed the experience I gained and some of the team workers I worked with. The hardest part of the job was when seniority stopped meaning anything but I kept my mouth shut and did my job and I was very good at it.
I loved working here!!
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Seneca, MOSeptember 11, 2013
I loved working at the casino, not because it's a casino, but because it was fun and very fast paced.