Industrial Distribution Group

Industrial Distribution Group Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Various Management Positions (Current Employee) –  Blemont, NCJuly 12, 2016
There is no work-life balance, compensation is terrible, and leadership is nonexistent since the CEO retired last year. Advancement is only for those who are related to managers, or are part of the Good-Old-Boys network that formed the company years and years ago. IDG is being merged with Hagermeyer, which seems like they may be an OK company, but avoid IDG.
Pros
Pay is usually on time, if sometimes incorrect
Cons
Misery and low morale abound, just ask anyone below a Director-level
the company is very well manage and i would put in a good word to some one whos looking for ajob in their company.
Security guard/ active superviser (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhAugust 25, 2015
The type of day at work is very busy but enjoyable i got to people from different back grounds also i learned how to handle issues that very inportant and not so inportant. IThe hardest thing about work is nothing but the rules changes in the middle of porgess but iam easy to adjust to anything that comes my way . I a taem player and i like my coworker to be the same. I enjoy my jobs that i had because i got to know alot of people and learned many different skills in the field i worked in.
Pros
401K
Cons
Security their Security officers
Enjoyed working there
Purchasing Manager - Stock (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 17, 2015
Fast paced but stress free... Many perks at the company that build company relationships like picnics and holiday luncheons.

You will gain a lot of experience here.
Excellent working enviroment
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 10, 2015
I enjoyed working as an inside sales representative and talking on the phone with the customers. challenges were administered on a daily basis and it was my job to insure the customer received their order and avoid stock outages. My coworkers and I had the #1 branch for many years with MSC and that was a joy being a part of that team.
Pros
working with vendors
Cons
rush orders
IDG Review
Integrated Supply Chain Site Manager (Current Employee) –  USAApril 7, 2015
A typical day involves lots of moving parts, meetings and excitement. I am involved in aspects of my customer's business from the tools and safety items used during production to strategic long term cost savings projects. I have to be innovative, hands-on and creative to meet the ever changing demands of a fast-paced manufacturing operation. The fun never stops for someone with a mindset to succeed! The compensation is great and the benefits are outstanding. But being the only one on-site that does what I do...taking time off can be a challenge. If it's attention you want...you'll get it as a Site Manager.
Pros
Compensation for performance
Cons
Time off/vacation time limited
It's a job
Purchasing Manager-Senior Buyer/Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  BelmontJanuary 22, 2015
This is a family owned company which can be nice they are understanding when something comes up but don't let this fool you.

They will promise you rainbows and ribbons until they get you in their clutch. Once you are on-board they utilize every waking hour of your existence. Kiss your family life good bye.
Pros
family owned company, small business style of operating.
Cons
smarmy when it comes to compensation and support from management
Good entry level jobs
Stockroom clerk employed (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 29, 2015
basic MRO stockroom work, parts in, parts out, inventory parts, research parts for buyer, report low stock, report problems with stock: i.e. duplicate order received, duplicate parts under different stock numbers, etc.
Pros
Great site manager
Cons
18 months to get 1st raise
Poor Management
Buyer (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 17, 2015
Pay is less than standard. Communications very poor, lacking direction. Follow thru very poor. Pay increase extremely poor schedule.
Pros
Great customer setting
Cons
Poor communication
Large Company that values work/life balance. Great Leadership! Tenured staff that loves the work culture.
Financial/Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belmont, NCAugust 20, 2014
Industrial Distribution Group has been home for me the past 7 years. It has grown exponentially year after year and the leadership keeps all associates informed through continuous education and training opportunites. It is a large company with a small company feel meaning every associates matters!
fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Short days typically from 9-PM. I have learned a lot about the shipping industry from receiving to shipping. Management is alright. friendly but the two managers they have tend to clash sometimes. The people are friendly and easy to get along with. There really isn't a hard part to this job and the most enjoyable part of this job is the friendliness.
Pros
a lot of fun and company lunches
Cons
short breaks
Management/Human Resources needs a serious upgrade
customer service (Former Employee) –  West Chester OfficeMarch 20, 2014
Management rules with an iron fist, putting fear in employees, upper management is the puppet master to lower manager, Lower management is the puppet, IDG use to be a good company, but when they started losing money employees started to jump ship before they were laid off, the Titanic is going down and its called IDG. If your thinking of working at IDG you better think again.
Pros
employess
Cons
management, human resources. upper mangement, pay, benefits
Nice company to work for. It is a very progressive corporation.
Telesales Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chester OhioJanuary 12, 2015
I was hired in to help develop a telesales department. In the beginning there was not a typical day. We had many organizational meetings with management and suppliers as we developed the department. I was continuously learning new products, impletementing new sales programs and systems to make the deparment successful. My co workers were helpful and friendly. Once the department was up and running I developed a strong industrial customer base and sold the companies products. The hardest part of the job was implementing and learning the systems we decided to use and working the kinks out of them. The most enjoyalbe part of the job was to see the department develop into a successful telesales department and developing customer relationships.
Pros
watching the department get up and running
Cons
the drive to work
Helped to expedite orders sent via Boeing Company and others customers
Customer Service Support, Boeing Team (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WashingtonFebruary 25, 2014
Used the valuable tools learned while at previous employment, Genie Industries and Home Depot.
Corresponded closely with inside and outside sales to provide up close information on current and previously placed orders.
Checked with warehouse to keep on track w/orders to be shipped or those in transit.
Enjoyed a great working relationship w/team members
Relaxed yet thriving work enviroment.
Pros
great people working co-hesively
Cons
lay-offs
Aweful management and work environment
Full Stock Room Managed Site Associate (Former Employee) –  Benson, MNMay 4, 2012
I worked here for about a year and was treated very poorly. It is hard to get any kind of promotion. Harrassment happened in the work place and there was no consequences. They don't care about thier enployees or clients. I definately DO NOT recommend this job. Worst year of my life!
Pros
a couple free lunches
Cons
treated poorly, harrassment not taken seriously, poor employee management
A very fast-paced job.
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 10, 2012
This is an wholesale industrial supply selling tools & services to major industries. I learned how to negotiate purchasing contracts and source large customer contracts. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with so much business. The best part was being awarded the business that took months of preparation to get.
Worked hard & played hard!
Pros
discounts on tools. great people to work with.
Cons
long days.
Grest people to work for and with.
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 25, 2014
I worke dthe midnight shift M-F. I have a great deal of experiene in wasehousing so I can't say I learned anythign new. I had a fantastic boss. I got along well with my co-worker. THe hardest part of my job was that it was a midnight shift. The most enjoyable part of my were the poeple I worked with.
Pros
people i worked with.
Cons
midnight shift
Great stepping stone
Full Storeroom Management Stock Buyer (Current Employee) –  Belmont, NCSeptember 24, 2014
Great company to add some seasoning to a resume. Potential to advance depends on what division you are in. Recently purchased by a larger company so the immediate future is uncertain.
Pros
great work atmosphere, ability to work from home
Cons
compensation is...lacking, little room to advance
A challenging work.
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Arecibo, PRJanuary 15, 2013
An excellent company with excellent benefits. A company that took care of their employees.

I used to worked near 14 hours a day, because we gave service to first and second shift but management helped me a lot.

One of my biggest challenge was to adapt the client that my company was the new one with better offers.
Pros
the experience i gain everyday
Great atmosphere but corporate disconnect
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 16, 2013
Not a bad company to work for. They allow you to work from wherever you are in the country. Management doesn't know how the local markets are and they give you too many tasks to manage. Many great business opportunities go by the wayside because we fail to be competitive to local markets.
Each Site is different and becomes what you make it.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Seneca. SC 29678January 20, 2014
IDG gave me an opportunity and let me grow within the company, they gave me training when I asked and all the people I had contact with from everyone at corporate to sites were great and were a great team.
Pros
opportunities for growth and training
Cons
not having enough sites in sc for me to continue working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Industrial Distribution Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Industrial Distribution Group Reviews by Location