INDUSTRIAL DISTRIBUTION GROUP

INDUSTRIAL DISTRIBUTION GROUP Employer Reviews

An emphasis on a relationship benefical to both the customer and supplier
Site Manager (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 17, 2014
Pros: exciting, challenging workplace.
Cons: computer software and connectivity issues detract from the daily ability to perform the job.
The work at Curtis Screw has been challenging and rewarding. In the 5 years I have been on site, sales have increased over 80%. A long term, mutually beneficial partnership has developed.
Daily tasks include reviewing tooling stock levels and purchasing materials needed to maintain production. This includes vending machines and a Toolcrib. Dealing with – more... customer production workers and engineers to keep the plant running.
Continual learning and an environment of cooperation and trust are the main results of my time at Curtis Screw.
The management of Curtis Screw and IDG have supported and utilized a behind the scenes approach to allowing the program to grow and mature.
The relationships with my co-workers has been the most satisfying aspect of the job. Being alone on-site makes me dependent on the support and talents of IDG. I can rely on top notch support when I need it.
The most challenging aspect of the job is anticipating the tooling needs of the customer. The relationship of operator, raw material, machinery and tooling present many chances for failure and down time.
The best part of the job is being trusted to find solutions to problems presented by our customer. – less
Grest people to work for and with.
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 25, 2014
Pros: people i worked with.
Cons: midnight shift
I worke dthe midnight shift M-F. I have a great deal of experiene in wasehousing so I can't say I learned anythign new. I had a fantastic boss. I got along well with my co-worker. THe hardest part of my job was that it was a midnight shift. The most enjoyable part of my were the poeple I worked with.
Management/Human Resources needs a serious upgrade
customer service (Former Employee), West Chester OfficeMarch 20, 2014
Pros: employess
Cons: management, human resources. upper mangement, pay, benefits
Management rules with an iron fist, putting fear in employees, upper management is the puppet master to lower manager, Lower management is the puppet, IDG use to be a good company, but when they started losing money employees started to jump ship before they were laid off, the Titanic is going down and its called IDG. If your thinking of working at – more... IDG you better think again. – less
Uncomfortabe, stressful, disorganized
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 18, 2014
Pros: overtime, boeing trips, decent starting salary, benifits
Cons: management, short breaks
The work required was pretty simple. Not too demanding, lots of physical activity but all can be done in a timely matter. The co-workers seemed to be cool people. The managers made me uncomfortable from my second week all the way to they terminated me. I didn't feel welcomed, wanted, appreciated, or respected but I continued to try to work harder so – more... they could learn to acknowledge my skills. While they constantly kept a dark cloud over my head i had no intention of letting that phase my work, however, i made a mistake setting my alarm for pm instead of am on my phone making me 2 hours late giving them leverage to fire me. I accepted my mistake and we part ways like men.

To summarize, The management was real screwed up when i joined and seemed to decline as I was there but the co workers are real supportive to one another and work well as a team. – less
Site Manager over the Tool Crib (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioMarch 14, 2014
Pros: the money
Cons: work hours
This is or was a good job. This job ended to soon to give anything else about it.
Helped to expedite orders sent via Boeing Company and others customers
Customer Service Support, Boeing Team (Former Employee), Tukwila, WashingtonFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: great people working co-hesively
Cons: lay-offs
Used the valuable tools learned while at previous employment, Genie Industries and Home Depot.
Corresponded closely with inside and outside sales to provide up close information on current and previously placed orders.
Checked with warehouse to keep on track w/orders to be shipped or those in transit.
Enjoyed a great working relationship w/team members
Relaxed – more... yet thriving work enviroment. – less
Each Site is different and becomes what you make it.
Buyer (Former Employee), Seneca. SC 29678January 20, 2014
Pros: opportunities for growth and training
Cons: not having enough sites in sc for me to continue working
IDG gave me an opportunity and let me grow within the company, they gave me training when I asked and all the people I had contact with from everyone at corporate to sites were great and were a great team.
Layed-back enviorment
Lead Crib Associate (Current Employee), Frankfort, ILDecember 26, 2013
All my co-workers are very polite and friendly. Like Doing the cycle count allows me to take my time to be accurate
Great atmosphere but corporate disconnect
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee), West Chester, OHSeptember 16, 2013
Not a bad company to work for. They allow you to work from wherever you are in the country. Management doesn't know how the local markets are and they give you too many tasks to manage. Many great business opportunities go by the wayside because we fail to be competitive to local markets.
Regional Logistics Mananger (Former Employee), Antioch, TNJuly 24, 2013
I was with the company for almost 24 years and was able to advance from warehouse order puller to Regional Logistics Manager.
Worked with a lot of great people through the years and enjoyed the opportunity.
Ok place for a in between job.
Crib 88 & Crib 300 POU Associate (Current Employee), Overland, MOJune 20, 2013
The people and management are great just no opportunity for advancement and the pay is sub-par for amount of work expected in a day.
Very good company to work for.
Database Specialist-Vendor Pricing (Former Employee), York, PAFebruary 13, 2013
Very good company. Forward thinking on the cutting edge. Always looking for ways to strengthen themselves in the marketplace.
nice place
Shipping & Receiving/Distribution Clerk (Current Employee), Bellwood, ILFebruary 6, 2013
It's a nice place to work, but it's no place for advancement for me and I have been there for 10yrs
Good stable work environment.
Database Specialist-Vendor Pricing (Former Employee), York, PAJanuary 16, 2013
Very large distribution company. Very forward thinking and cutting edge. Industry leader.
A challenging work.
Site Manager (Former Employee), Arecibo, PRJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: the experience i gain everyday
An excellent company with excellent benefits. A company that took care of their employees.

I used to worked near 14 hours a day, because we gave service to first and second shift but management helped me a lot.

One of my biggest challenge was to adapt the client that my company was the new one with better offers.
Productive and rewarding
Storeroom Associate (Current Employee), Fargo, NDAugust 30, 2012
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: na
Busy work environment, but rewarding overall.
Hours are reasonable, and overtime is acceptable.
Manager and co-workers are pleasant.
under paid / over work
ACQUISITION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Anniston, ALMay 30, 2012
This company believes in on the job training. You teach yourself how to do the job. They aren't forth coming with information and procedures. FYI-on the job training means you assigned with someone who is the expert for the job and be trained appropriately. Not shown short cuts to get by. If you contact Human Resource or Upper Management about any concerns – more... they will gang up on you and say it’s your fault and you don’t take responsibility for you action. There is no teamwork, respect for the individual, and you aren’t valued as employee. There is also a good ole boy system. If you don’t know anyone in management and you’re not a brown nosier you’re screwed. This is my experience with this company. This company has great potential but they need to clean house and restructure . They need to utilize the training personal and program so new employees will be trained to the expectation of upper management. As well incorporate a refresher course for senior employees. They also need give out raises and bonus, pay the employees their worth. This job has been the most stressful job I have endured. You are over work and underpaid. – less
Aweful management and work environment
Full Stock Room Managed Site Associate (Former Employee), Benson, MNMay 4, 2012
Pros: a couple free lunches
Cons: treated poorly, harrassment not taken seriously, poor employee management
I worked here for about a year and was treated very poorly. It is hard to get any kind of promotion. Harrassment happened in the work place and there was no consequences. They don't care about thier enployees or clients. I definately DO NOT recommend this job. Worst year of my life!

Donyell – May 30, 2012

I experience the same thing with this company. I am glad that I am not the only one they have mistreated.

A very fast-paced job.
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 10, 2012
Pros: discounts on tools. great people to work with.
Cons: long days.
This is an wholesale industrial supply selling tools & services to major industries. I learned how to negotiate purchasing contracts and source large customer contracts. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with so much business. The best part was being awarded the business that took months of preparation to get.
Worked hard & played hard!
Accounting
Accoounting (Former Employee), Belmont NCJanuary 13, 2012
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: cons is no longer with the company.
Small company but good people to work with. This is a GREAT work environment!

About INDUSTRIAL DISTRIBUTION GROUP

Industrial Distribution Group, Inc. (IDG) is a supplier of maintenance, repair, operating, and production (MROP) products and – Read more