Industrial Info Resources Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Market Researcher / Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXOctober 30, 2017
Wonderful place to work. A lot of deadlines to meet. Very professional environment. The culture is casual and laid back. I researched and verified data on gas pipelines for clients. It was interesting to do investigative work.
Good benefits, poor management
Oil and Gas Market Research Analyst (PEC Writer) (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Depending on which group you are in and the manager you have IIR can be a great place to work or a horrifying place to work. It in large part counts on your manager and if they are willing an able to back you up and treat everyone equally. The pay and benefits are good, the work atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired.
Pros
Pay Incentives, Bennifits
Cons
Ceo, Culture, Poor Management
Good place to work but will have to do your coworkers job as well, some lazy people work here.
Sales Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 30, 2017
Company is good. It just depends which manager you working for. Some really lazy coworkers to deal with. Just because they have been with company for so long, they think they can just sit around and get paid. Otherwise the job environment is pretty good and relaxed.
Good
Power Market Researcher Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 6, 2017
Produce financial and market intelligence by querying data repositories and generating standard and custom reports. Devise methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available information sources.
Enjoyed my time with this company
Entry Level Researcher / Market Survey Researcher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 8, 2016
I worked with IIR for only 4 months and recently laid me off. I absolutely have nothing but great things to say about them and would go back if I could. They helped me get out of my comfort zone and helped me grow as a person. The employees were very welcoming and was always there for me when I had questions.
Skip this one...
market researcher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 1, 2016
Company has a fake management team that pretends to care and promotes teamwork, but at the end of the day, all they want is you to figure out on your own and hit your quota.

They pay good, but it's not worth the stress and hassle you get every day.

I'd strongly suggest using this company as a stop gap to your next job or skipping it all together.

CEO is a self aggrandizing jerk who uses his power to belittle anyone who disagrees with him, loves 'yes men' and hates original ideas...
Pros
Free parking, decent starting pay
Cons
Management sucks, job is boring, no advancement
Very different work experience
Market Survey Researcher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 12, 2016
Management was very poor in my department. Manager was paranoid that everyone was always talking about her, and her skills for approaching you to discuss any problems or items that needed attention were very poor. The whole office knew if you did something that was incorrect or some thing she didnt like.
Pros
good bennifits
Cons
no job security
Not the worst
energy analyst (Former Employee) –  Sugar LandOctober 21, 2015
You can write your paycheck once you get the hang of things, and the base is pretty good too. I liked my managers but other people weren't as lucky. Favorites advance fast. Can be discouraging but that's politics.
Great work experience
Data and Research Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2015
It was a great internship to have. I learned a lot and will use that knowledge for future work. Management was very flexible with my school schedule throughout my internship.
Horrible Company
Credit and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  houston, TxJuly 31, 2015
Nice office and clean office. Horrible management. Management lacks education and does not know hot talk to employees. CEO is very rude and gives everyone a very hard time.
Great Compensation, Lots of Opportunity
Market Research Analyst - Oil & Gas (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 9, 2015
Typical days at work are things that do not exist at IIR. You have your cyclical lists for quality checking, but aside from that, every phone call you make as a researcher is a gamble. You never know who you'll get on the phone, and once you get them, you have to do your best to guide that conversation where you need it to go to write your report on whatever project it is that you're researching.

This job has taught me how to think quickly on my feet, deal with rejection, justify my position and establish relationships quickly when cold calling. It has also further enhanced my natural tenacity, pushing me to dig deeper and try harder and longer to get the information needed to build the datapoint that is a project report. On top of this, it has also taught me how to look at the big picture. While I always liked dreaming up scenarios and finding connections, this job has honed that skill and turned it into a tactical advantage. Taking projects and data and then turning it into meaningful information for customers, using it in outlooks and presentations to enhance the business of our clients.

Management at this company is hit-and-miss. My own supervisors were phenomenal, however there were others that were not so lucky. There was a definite "old boy's club" feel amongst the higher executives, and those that they favored rose quickly, while other promising talent sometimes seemed to lack. However, this is often the opinion of the mid-lower ranks, so that may simply be a symptom of my position within the company.
Pay is good enough, overall the company sucks!
Research (Former Employee) –  sugar landFebruary 11, 2015
I was with this company for a few years, when I first started it seemed fine. They used the word TEAM loosely as if they prided themselves over their work ethics which was 100% the opposite of a great working environment. This company is divided and unfair to the majority of their employees. I have witness some of the managers make up stories in order to get people fired that they didn't like or even people who stood up to them. There is only room for the people the managers really like or have slept with to be promoted. It doesn't matter if you work hard, show up on time and cause no problems, if they don't like you for whatever dumb reason they will not promote you or give you a raise.
It was so much drama between the employees, I use to hate going to work because of it. Some of the older employees who have been there 10+ years are so messy and refuse to help newer employees. They will smile in your face and then talk about you behind your back and even spread rumors about you just for fun. I never trusted anyone there but a handful of people.
None of the managers are qualified to be in their positions and most of the managers and higher ups were hired by the owner from various place with no degrees or experience.
The owner is one of the biggest A-Holes I've ever met. I've witnessed him yelling at a few employees over nonesense. He would walk up to random people tower over them and ask "Do you know who I am"? "Make sure you speak when you see me" he has fired people for not acknowledging him. I've heard stories about him firing a person because of the colorful
  more... way she would dress, even the way she would wear her hair!
On the bright side of things the office is comfortable and is kepts up. It's in a very nice area in sugar land. Many places to eat and shop. Parking is free and the company gives you paid holidays off and sometimes the day after holidays off. Other than that this place will bring down your spirits and can also make you miserable due to management and older employees but if you need a job for now until you find you're career job then it's ok. Just don't stay!
Productive, research based work place
Market Research, Sugarland, Texas (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 3, 2014
Review, classify, and record information researched about plants, compressor stations, pipelines in the oil and gas industry. Providing our clients with first hand information on trends and on-going projects.
A dichotomy of society: The haves & have not's
Senior Plant Researcher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TexasOctober 25, 2014
The offices are nice and well kept. The central location is easy to get to. The parking is free. The entry & line employees are friendly. After that there is no upside to it other than having a job while you look for a sane place to work. New ideas are either suppressed or stolen by management without credit. No university tough management styles are apparent.

Management seems to be in a civil war of their own making with no end in sight and company growth being the main casualty. Managers undermine other departments by finding ways to knock-out good employees of the other departments. They do not even bother to conspire behind closed doors, so it can be very depressing to hear what they plan. These are real people's lives they are playing with that have families and are the hardest workers.

There are so many related family members there, one gets the hint very quickly who will be promoted and some of these children of the Managers that were hired spend the day doing very little while focusing the fictional light on others, I lost count of the times fellow women were harassed or just out right hit-on by these relatives and then covered up with the firing of the women that were harassed. One woman quit after a Manager a VP at that broke her heart while his string of conquests are in the double digits by now.

If ever one day someone kept a running documentation of what goes on there I doubt the company would survive the suits.

I have seen people have medical issues - kicked to the curb as another reviewer put it.

Absolutely the most unprofessional place I have ever
  more... worked for and I found other more professional employment as quick as I could after these things came to light.

If you are looking for employment for the short term while you search better or as a school job like I used it for, that would be the only reason to work there. If you have any independent thought run.

I have never in my life seen worse. It is truly sad. Lord of the Flies.
Pros
Free parking, located off main Highway
Cons
Management: Less than 40% have a degree, will keep you down in fear of being replaced, play favorites, old crew vs. newer employees, non-compete clause is absurd
Great group to work with
Intern (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 7, 2014
This is a very professional and supportive environment. My boss is the best, and my coworkers are very supportive. I picked up some useful researching skills
Great folks to work with!
Worker (Current Employee) –  Sugarland TexasApril 15, 2014
Every little bit counts, one could actually double his/her salary off incentives alone. My perspective is that "You gotta want more".

Love the company though and the opportunity it gives to the average Joe!!
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Lack of professionalism
Agree with just wow
TBD (Current Employee) –  Sugar LandAugust 27, 2013
An interesting place to work.

Old vs. New staff mentality. You can guess who is favored.

If it wasn't invented there then it is not considered worth doing.

Pay is decent so no complaints there.

There are some great staff there it is as you get higher there is an issue (though not universal).

Just wow was right about the "show" aspect.

There are worse places to work. Think of it as a job and not a career and you will do fine there.
Pros
Free to to what you want
Cons
Punished for doing what you want
Just Wow
Market researcher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land TexasMarch 13, 2013
They put this "Team Enviro "Fake show" when they interview you, but for when you work they get mad at you for asking your peers for help or best ways to call into plants to get plant managers Maint Managers and etc. They Employ people who morally bring the place down with taking advantage "taking 30 minute breaks when only supposed to be 15 and etc. If you work in the Power the Manager was overall awesome, but they skip over chain in commands.Instead of sitting you down they just toss you to the curb. On a side note promoting a person to senior plant profiler who started after two of your employees and wanted to quit after a week and takes 30 min 15 minute breaks also is a great example of blind managing.
Pros
hour lunch, great work hours
Cons
managing styles