Industrial Acoustics Inc. is the foremost and largest company engaged exclusively in the development, manufacture and installation of engineered noise control and acoustical conditioning products and systems. The company was founded in 1949 when noise control engineering was a novelty. IAC offers the industry’s most comprehensive line of sound control products. IAC is unique in guaranteeing the performance of its products; prior to shipment, each product line is pre-tested for performance in our in-house Aero-Acoustic Research Laboratory. The PROJECT MANAGER is responsible for the total project life cycle post-sale.
The Project Manager is expected to:
- Review and analyze project design specifications, coordination of design/approval drawings, customer approval, project scheduling, coordination of shipment, and (when required) management of subcontract installation and vendors.
- Management of total project lifecycle requires the ability to oversee preparation of bid documents, competitively bid within budget, schedule and coordinate all trades (Architectural, Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Electrical, Fire Protection, etc.)
- Complete projects on-time at or under budget with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Competitively negotiate design, installation and material/labor subcontracts.
- Planning, directing and controlling various technical activities when necessary to satisfy customer requirements in the areas of project management, engineering, fabrication, services and quality control.
- Able to perform general engineering calculations including structural, HVAC, electrical, etc.
Required experience and knowledge
- BS in Mechanical or Civil Engineering required
- Minimum 3 years related project management experience.
- Experience in the power industry, noise control industry or construction management beneficial.
- Contract//Fabrication drawing and Specification proficiency required
- Computer proficiency including Excel, PowerPoint, and Project Scheduling software
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Inventor Drafting
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to travel to worksites and perform necessary manual tasks required
- Metal Manufacturing a plus.