Infinera Employee Reviews

Infinera
Staff Software SQA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 13, 2017
A typical day at work is normal.
What I learned is automation.
Management is below average.
Workplace culture is average.
There is nothing hard about the job.
Great learning experience in a fast paced public Co
Senior Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 13, 2017
I had the benefit of a great manager and top class finance team - learned and was challenged regularly in my 6 years at Infinera. Fast paced and extremely rewarding experience
Good People
Staff Facilities Environmental Health Safety (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 12, 2017
Consider it a late stage start up, with growing pains. Directors leave often, replaced and recycled. Management & HR should practice what they preach.
Pros
People have good sense of humor & Work life balance
Cons
Head quarters has it's challanges
Mostly asian company
Sr. Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 11, 2017
And it would be fine, but the director of my department was a chinese and usually spoke chinese even if I am near by. This is an OK behavior for fellow co-worker, but not for director. I suspect, me being not chinese was a reason to be laid off! :(
Racist Culture
Sr. Corporate Security EH&S Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 3, 2017
Racist Culture that restricts people of color getting ahead. There are people working in the company that have used racists terms at people of color and have subverted the system of advancement.
Good strong company that can compete with larger companies.
Director Service Sales and Business Development (Current Employee) –  Hollis, NHOctober 10, 2017
Infinera is a good, strong company. Advancement is difficult, and the management could use some work. I enjoy the people I work with immensely. The culture is stressful, with a difficult work/life balance. A typical day starts at 7am and ends at 9pm, with highly stressful end of month and quarter expectations. That is to be expected but must be more attainable.
Pros
Good salary and benfits
Cons
Product quality issues, long hours, difficult work/life balance
Rapid changes in mid management, good work culture.
Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 29, 2017
I enjoyed working with several different groups of people. Encouraged to work interdepartmentally to achieve high level goals. Mid Management has a lot of turn around making it difficult for direct contributors to gain career advancement with such a revolving door.
Management was not supportive
Order Admin Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 19, 2017
Had a lot of micromanagers which made simple tasks drawn out as each manager had opinion of what should be done. Overall, not a bad place to work other departments helpful.
Highschool Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDJune 15, 2017
I was given a unique opportunity to be involved in a mentor ship program my senior year of high school. It was great exposure to systems engineering.
Clean room technician, manufactured optical transmission equipment
Evaluated and redesigned steps of fabrication process and quality check stage
Good company. Lots of work
Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 15, 2017
There is lots of work. management are open for new ideas and discussions. Lacks diversity and perks like the big companies. Pay is ok.
may get overworked if you are not careful. ideas and hard work are rewarded.
Proactively get the jobs well done. Support cross functional teams effectively. Help Operations Team to achieve the goals
Sr. Wafer Fab Production Supervisor - Shift 7 (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 12, 2017
I have enjoyed working with people in ares of coaching, helping them to maximize their strengths and getting promotion to better jobs in their careers.

I strongly believe in can-do attitude and heavily promoting teamwork environment in all companies I have worked in my 35 year career. Individual successful will help the company to achieve their goals easier.

My management style is open and getting close with people. I can only provide the help to people if they are willing to share with me what issues they are facing with. And they will share with me when they feel I am close to them and willing to listen.
Pros
Many years of production & production management experience, excellent people skills, be able to work with limited from the support of Human Resources, Operations Management and Safety Team.
Cons
Have to commute far away, effective communication skills
Technology Leader
Pricing Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 14, 2017
Honneywell holds patents on technologies which make their offerings wholistic and unique in the industry. Working there offered me the opportunity to learn complex process control system technologies.
Great Work Experience
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fogelsville, PAOctober 25, 2016
This position gave me a great work experience. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful to me. The day went fast because I was very busy packing boxes for shipment.
Way too many meetings, micro managers
Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 16, 2016
Meetings most of the day, allow little time to actually get work done. Need to work evenings and weekends to complete required tasks. Managers micro manage and don't trust workers to do their jobs. Employees do not share knowledge, and actually seem to be encouraged to behave this way. A few employees are very nasty and difficult but managers allow it.

Most employees are nice. Work is interesting.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
No home life, expected to work all the time.
Good company, excellent CEO
Global Security (sr) Manager (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAAugust 24, 2016
I lead the global security dept. The challenge was not difficult considering I had the support at every level of management. The management there, at all levels was very helpful.
Pros
Excellent compensation and the culture was perfect and extremely bright
Cons
work/life balance could be improved
Great
HRIS Specialist/Staffing Opps Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 12, 2016
It was a great company to work for, they treated contracors like employmees. Gave us many perks like everyone else. Work hours were flexible. Best staffing team ive worked with in my carrier so far.
Great Products, Smart People, Fantastic Place to Work
Director, Global Benefits & Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 23, 2015
Infinera is a great place to work if you:
- are smart
- take pride in your work
- are a problem solver
- believe in a team environment
- want your work seen by all levels of the organization
- enjoy advancing already best in class technology
Excellent company, great people!!!
TRAINER/INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 7, 2014
EXCELLENT COMPANY, GREAT PEOPLE!!! lots to learn, Lots of international travel...
Pros
Great place to work and learn upscale Technology...
Cons
My contract ended...
okay place to work
EPI Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 7, 2014
They daily fruit to all employees, and donuts on Thursdays. Learned various projects and equipment from engineering. Worked 12 hrs shifts.
Pros
fruit and donuts
Cons
no benefits
Typical Dysfunctional Company
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  San joseMarch 18, 2014
Management is so removed fromthe front line employees that their middle managers run the company. There is a tremendous amount of backstabbing and mean spiritedness.
Pros
Good at sales.
Cons
Only good at sales.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Infinera. Our community is ready to answer.