Reports to: Infinite Family CEO and President
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: At least two (2) years of demonstrated administrative, comprehensive writing and research skills
About Infinite Family: Infinite Family, U.S. is an American 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We provide video mentoring to South African students who are underserved, without adult role models, and who face a future of limited economic opportunity. We currently partner with NGOs (non-governmental organizations) and schools in the Johannesburg area and in the Northwest Province in South Africa. In July, we launched our new state of the art mentoring lab, LaunchPad.
Our core belief is that through mentoring, African students have a better chance of becoming self-reliant adults. Our mission is to promote self-reliance—to augment what’s taught in the classroom and the home to develop responsible, resourceful, and resilient students as they prepare for their lives as young adults.
The model is rooted in personal, sustained relationships, making it innovative and powerful. Our mentors are role models who teach, discuss, challenge, and encourage; they are agents of self-reliance. Infinite Family’s volunteer video mentors are located in 58 countries, including South Africa, and 39 U.S. states. Eighty percent of the training and support staff is located in South Africa.
Summary Description: Reporting to the CEO and President, the Executive Assistant is responsible for the administrative and logistical tasks for Infinite Family. This position requires a proactive person with strong team work and communication skills, and one who is very detail oriented.
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide administrative support to the CEO and President, coordinate day-to-day operations of the office, and provide assistance on miscellaneous tasks and projects that require immediate attention.
2. Conduct research on prospective partners or corporations for funding purposes and assemble information packages.
3. Improve staff efficiency and effectiveness by providing information management support, running reports, and organizing documents within the Salesforce CRM system.
4. Draft and edit grant proposals and letters of inquiry to be submitted for new funding.
5. Prepare articles for Infinite Family’s monthly e-newsletter and manage online publication.
6. Expand Infinite Family’s outreach and visibility, including being a representative at events.
7. Respond to all written, email and phone inquiries and other correspondence in a courteous and professional manner.
8. Manage office supplies and equipment, and assist with IT troubleshooting.
II. Skills and Experience
- 2 + years of experience in an administrative support role
- Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines
- Perspective that is resourceful, creative, and flexible
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort working with diverse groups at all levels of the organization, including volunteers
- Ability to work independently and reliably
- Flexibility, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and overcome challenges effectively
- Experience in an entrepreneurial or fast-paced environment
- Ability to think on your feet and process information quickly
- Outgoing, people person with customer service experience
- High level of comfort with Microsoft Office applications and CRM systems
- Strong Internet research and problem-solving skills
- BA/BS degree
Salary is commensurate with experience. General office hours are 9am-6pm.
Please send a one to two page resume with a one-page cover letter that demonstrates how your experience will help to advance the Infinite Family mission.
Candidates who advance to the second round of interviews will undergo a background check and clearance process. References will be requested prior to second interviews.
While we would like to respond personally to every application, unfortunately this will not be possible. Applicants not contacted by Thursday, December 13 should consider their applications to have been unsuccessful.
APPLICATION DEADLINE November 2, 2012
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY
Infinite Family does not discriminate in hiring practices against any adults above legal minor status, whether married or single, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by fair employment regulations under US law.