Infinity Insurance Employee Reviews

Fast paced desk job
Sr. First Notice of Loss Adjuster (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 19, 2016
You work 7:45 hours and have a 45 minute break. Take incoming calls from people trying to set up claims. You are behind a desk all day but fun work place and you get to learn a lot.
Insurance Auto Adjuster / Claims (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 14, 2016
You become a Claim adjuster and there's constant help through out your employment. Great atmosphere. the staff is great
Pros
You learn as much as you want to. Advancement is up to you. Lots of OT.
Cons
Only one 15 minute break, health plans is not so good and expensive.
Clean and Organized
Bilingual Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 20, 2016
Inbound high call volume ranging between 60 to 85 calls per day. Statistic expectation from the company is tremendously stressful, but achievable working hard daily. Very fair in treatment towards their employees.
Pros
A lot of customer service contests, prizes and luncheons paid by company.
Cons
1 Break and 45 min lunch
Oracle dba
Oracle Exadata Database (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 20, 2016
Great place to work love. The professionalism and want to keep up with the current technology is big thing here in this company. Plus the team is a very strong and works well together
Overworked and Understaffed
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 2, 2016
The turnover at Infinity is so high that we were always understaffed. Being understaffed made call volumes too high. Also contributing to the high call volumes were company procedures that inflamed customers. The call center staff was not supported by management. Callers were allowed to be abusive and consultants had to listen without recourse. We also had unachievable goals for average handle time. We were penalized by the company if a call went past our scheduled break, lunch or end of our shift when we had to take the call and that part was out of our control. We had too much mandatory overtime. I did enjoy helping customer service consultants and researching and resolving problems.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Unrealistic average handle time and schedule adherence rules
Call center environment
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 17, 2016
Quiet environment
answer 20-30 calls a day
file claims 10-12 on average
talked to anyone from attorneys to claimants
discussed specific coverages
also took calls from different insurances as well
Pros
Hourly pay rate
Cons
lack of training
My First IT Role
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 17, 2016
Infinity Insurance was my first real IT role.

During a typical workday, I would review insurance pricing workbooks to make sure they were clear of errors, then I would load them into our databases using an in-house tool. That's pretty much what I did on a day-to-day basis. There were the occasional bugs to solve, but that was a small portion of my time.

What I learned while I was there was SQL. This has been the most useful thing I have learned on any job.

Management was excellent. Things were almost always communicated clearly. The only time it wasn't was in 2011 when the main office in Birmingham decided to close the Irving office and either they were deliberating on when to close the office (which I think was the case) or they knew, but didn't want to tell us (my apologies for the cynicism).

My co-workers were very helpful and showed me what I asked when I didn't know. Very supportive team.

The hardest part of my job was working through the 2011 office closure. I didn't know until late in the year when the office would actually close.

The most enjoyable part of working with Infinity Insurance was learning SQL. As I said before, picking up that skillset has been invaluable to me.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Satellite office
Great Coworkers
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 17, 2016
The jobs easy. Their biggest downfall is the training (2-3 days only) & theirs a lot of Favoritism.
I loved working for Infinity. I love my co-workers, managers and some my customers. I loved the opportunity to work from home, The time off is great .You will have to take inbound call 50 to 70 daily on a busy day. You have to stay at your pc while working.
Loved working at Infinity, the environment and the people were great.
Bilingual Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 3, 2016
Typical day at work: Arrived to work station, open all programs required, got coffee, said good mornings to everyone, checked morning emails, got up to date with any pending issues, log in and got to work. Learned something new every day. Management was great. Co-workers were awesome. Hardest part of the job was system issues. Enjoyable part of the job was getting recognized for a job well done by customers and management.
Pros
Bonuses and schedule
Cons
shift bid process
Nice place to work. Job security issues.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 9, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company, and the I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I learned about customer service and the insurance field.
Pros
Nice place to start out in the customer service field.
Cons
Job security
Great Coworkers
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 23, 2016
I was very much pleased with my experience working for Infinity until the company layoff. They informed us that the were moving forward and focusing on their Hispanic customers and were only going to need reps who were bilingual. The pay was great. The coworkers were great, but I felt like the company knew before they hired us that they were going to be laying us off and I would have appreciated the warning ahead of time.
Great company
claimants and staff (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2016
Claims adjuster, compensation was great, the work load was a lot but the benefits were great. I enjoyed working here and the people that I worked with
Pros
Cons
low compensation
Good Place
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 17, 2016
Pros
benefits, pay and co-workers
Cons
Scedule changes constantly and layoffs
The Job Is awesome but management not so great
Bilingual Claims Handling Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 14, 2016
Pros
45 min lunch and they pay
Cons
only one break, management, favoritism, short training
Fun work enviornment
Bilingual Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 16, 2016
A typical day at Infinity is receiving inbound calls from insureds wanting to make payments or changes to their policies such as removing, replacing, or even just adding vehicles or people to the policy. Management and my co-workers are the best part of my day because everyone is so full of energy and are so motive to help our insureds. I have learned a lot about car insurance in just my short 6 months of working with this wonderful company. I don't believe that any one of my days working at Infinity can be considered the hardest day. I believe maybe the most challenging part would have been when I first started working due to all of the information that was obtain in the 5 weeks of training. I say challenging just due to the fact that we had all of this new information with little understanding of where, when and how to apply it to a real situation.
Consistent work environment
Service Center Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2016
Typical day was confirming appointments for inspections, evaluating damages to vehicles, reviewing with adjusters for any inconsistency of reported loss, locating alternate parts for estimates to reduce cost, writing diminished value evaluations, assessing if damages are consistent with injury claims. I learned further estimating tools in operations for repairs and accepted repair practices, further mechanics of injury that resulted from impacts, and being able to work autonomous with a manager out of state. Management was available but worked states away, contact was minimal with not much direction in expectations and chances for advancement. I enjoyed the interaction with my co-workers, there was a team environment and we all worked to make sure the quality of work was consistent with achieving quick and accurate resolutions to claims. The hardest part of the job was when work started slowing down and we were not getting any information on the viability of our office. I really enjoyed being able to examine the vehicles with the facts of loss and evaluate the accuracy of the loss and injuries being claimed.
Pros
Inside work environment, interaction with co-workers, evaluating claims
Cons
Limited information from managers, work flow dried up
Great place to get started, not so great to stay...
Claims (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 26, 2016
Great place to get your career up and running. They offer insurance from day 1 of employment and offer a great bonus around the holidays. I never had great luck with management, was constantly overloaded with work and always stressed out to the point to where I could barely do my job. Management plays favorites and doesn't help like they should. I've heard of managers scolding employees for asking too many questions...which isn't right. They need to treat their people better. They'd rather spend money on renovations and unnecessary things than hire the extra help they need. I'm not sure how this company makes as much money as it does because there is no accountability and no rhyme or reason to the way they do things. It's either hit or miss - you can either do the job or you can't..you either survive or get out and I got out.
Pros
Good insurance, reasonable compensation, nice Christmas bonus
Cons
Management doesn't care about you in the least bit. YOU'RE JUST A BODY AT A DESK.
Productive and fun environment
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAApril 16, 2016
Fast paced job that requires a lot of customer service and negotiation skills. Upper level management is always there to assist.
good job not for everyone
Feild adjuster (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 12, 2016
takes a certain type of person to work in insurance, its not for everyone. can be a bit stressful at times but never boring.
Pros
good culture, and friendly coworkers
Cons
difficult to balance work from everyday life.
Large company
Insurance Agent inbound call center (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2016
Worked from home inbound call center calls were low in volume.compensation they pitched was not obtainable. Systems were stable management did try to expand carriers to accommodate sales goals and of course commissions but just not enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Infinity Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.