Infiniva Tutoring, a leading test preparation and academic subject tutoring firm based in Buffalo, NY, is seeking dynamic individuals with very high scores on the SAT who are looking for rewarding full-time (part-time positions also available) work to serve as test preparation tutors, starting in the summer (training will start almost immediately).
LAST CHANCE TO APPLY!
- Qualified candidates will have achieved a 720+ on either the Verbal/Critical Reading section (660+ for pre-1995 scores) or the Math section of the SAT.
- Verbal tutors should also have excellent grammar and writing skills (which may be demonstrated by a 720+ on the SAT II: Writing or new SAT Writing section [660+ for pre-1995 scores]).
- We are primarily seeking and will give preference to candidates with proficiency in all of the sections (with a 1450+ composite on the old SAT [1390+ for pre-1995 scores] or 2150+ on the new SAT). Such candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- We strongly prefer candidates who can serve as full-time tutors. Full-time tutors will start at a higher hourly rate (at least $20 per hour).
- Part-time candidates should have at least 16-20 hours free to tutor per week, including at least two or three weekdays after 3 pm and some time on the weekends.
- Tutors will start in roughly August 2013 after the paid training in April through July. The paid training will require roughly 16-20 hours per week (for candidates doing all sections) or roughly 8-10 hours per week (for candidates doing only verbal or Math), primarily on Saturday and/or Sunday (about 6-8 hours per day) and possibly on one or two weeknights per week (2 to 4 hours per night). This is a strict requirement of the position, and each candidate must be able to attend the entire training in April through July in order to be certified and work as a tutor.
- Ideal candidates will have good communication and interpersonal skills, a gregarious and caring manner, and an affinity to teaching/tutoring.
- A bachelor's degree and prior tutoring experience or an education background are preferred but not required.
- Candidates should have their own vehicles.
- Candidates must be reliable and responsible and must be able to commit to tutor for a minimum of 18 months (through January 2015) (we will offer incentives to tutors who are able to commit to more than 18 months).
- Full-time tutors will start at $20 per hour.
- Part-time tutors will start at $18 per hour.
- The training will also cover the ACT.
- SAT tutors may eventually be trained for other exams, such as LSAT, GRE, MCAT, etc.
- Bonuses and raises may be given for excellent results.
- Some travel may be necessary.
- Paid training and preparation.
- Set your own hours and locations.
- Benefits including health insurance and course discounts available.
- Great career advancement and growth potential and opportunities within this rapidly growing company for full-time employees who are willing to commit long-term to the position and company.
E-mail your cover letter and resume, including test scores, immediately to Infiniva here.
Important: You must include your official SAT scores in the cover letter or the resume.
If you're seeking a flexible, full-time job (or possibly a part-time job) with great pay, and you love helping others succeed academically and want to work for the local test preparation company with the highest standards and the best track record with its students, apply now. You must include any and all applicable test scores (including all subscores). Applications received without test scores will receive very little, if any, consideration.
Only a few positions open -- apply today! Application deadline is April 3, 2013.