We are currently seeking an intelligent, skilled Java developer for one of our leading financial services clients. Any development or support experience in an investment banking/hedge fund environment is a big plus.
- Oversee technical development of back office and front office application developers.
- Collaborate with other technical managers on technology direction.
- Participate in the vendor selection of third party systems. Design/development, implementation/integrate and maintain vendor supplied systems.
- Gathers, compiles and synthesizes information with regard to business/document workflow, technology processes and/or systems
- Conducts ongoing research with the objective of incorporating new technologies into effective solutions
- Makes recommendations towards component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build decisions
What You Need for this Position
- Working knowledge or Oracle WebLogic application server.
- Working knowledge of Document Generation systems in a high volume environment is preferred.
- Web Development/Web Application skills (HTML, JSP, JQuery, AJAX) highly desirable.
- Knowledgeable of Open Source solutions/projects.
- At least 5 or more years of hands-on Object-Oriented software application design and development experience, including recent, relevant enterprise Java / J2EE web development.
- Experience in Multi-threaded programming.
- Oracle database development (stored procedures, triggers, functions, etc.) in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Forms/Reports (6i/11g), including: Java, XML, web services integration.
- A BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.