Infor

Infor Employee Reviews

Good company
team leader (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 4, 2015
They had a huge translation department but have decided to not to have in house translators.

Fun people to work with, great manager, sorry that they decided to extinguish the translation department.
My First Localization Position
Localization Team Leader/Translator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2015
It was also a wonderful experience. That's were I learned everything about localization and translation, that's where I started my career. Have great memories of that place.
Corporate Environment
Business Development Rep (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 8, 2015
Corporate environment setting.

Not a lot of socializing although after work events are provide every so often.

You are at your cube all day and simply focused on completing your tasks.
OK job
Inside-sales Business Development Representative (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 4, 2015
They promise to promote from within but really do not. They not value experience. The managers do not have your back, they are all about themselves and will do anything to get ahead.
Infinium Software/Infor was a great place to work for
Senior Business Analyst/Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Hyannis, MAMarch 3, 2015
Enjoyed working for Infinium Software/Infor
Great pride in my job and the work I did.
Co-workers extremely helpful and supportive
contractor
Software Design Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2014
Involved in migrating asp applications to asp net.

I worked for a short duration at this company since I was a consultant and was actively looking for a better opportunity.
INFOR
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNNovember 11, 2014
Pros: great people, fast paced and stimulating
Cons: not exactly employee friendly
INFOR is very aggressive in acquiring customer bases. We were acquired 5 years ago. My original company has been acquired 5 times. My job has been enjoyable for the past 26 years working with incredible people in a fast paced customer service and quality assurance arena. A day never went slow and you were on your toes all the time. It is time for a change. We are no longer being funded for future development and it appears our product is going through a sunset process which is disappointing.
Relaxed environment
Business Development Representative/Marketing (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 28, 2014
Infor is a very laid back but driven company. I learn most how to handle people of all different moods and personalities. Management is good, very opening. Hardest part of the job is getting people on the phone. Enjoyable part of the job was working with great co-workers.
great company
IT Field Support Engineer (Current Employee), Malvern, PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: i have had the same manager for a long time!
I have grown so much and gotten a wealth of knowledge! It is a very good place to work and very flexible.
Enterprise software company growing by acquisitions.
Project manager (Former Employee), Home Office, NJSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: management support, independent work from home office
Cons: clients who were not part of the solution, extensive travel
Project management was conducted with clients either on-site or remotely from my home office. In that respect there was considerable independence on daily routine along with the responsibility to get things done in a timely and successful manner on the projects worked.

Management was supportive of the efforts of the project team and would be ready to assist in any customer related issues that arose.

Customers came in all flavors and for the most part were welcoming of our implementation efforts and worked well along side the project team to work out problems in schedule and budgeting to keep the successful completion of the project as the main goal we were all working toward. This was the most enjoyable part of the job...working with customers that realized the situation and would work cooperatively to overcome obstacles when needed.

The least enjoyable was when the projects involved clients that were non-involved in the process and would see the project team as the responsible party to solely complete the project...this was frustrating and would take inordinate amounts of time and effort to bring them back into the discussions and work they needed to be a part of to complete the project.
Poor Management
Datacenter Specialist (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 19, 2014
Cons: no formal training, poor 401k
This company is good to spring board your career or for people that want hands on experience. Working for Infor you will be exposed to a lot of different technologies. The downfall is management.
Managed from 10 to 18 projects
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: formed many key relationships
Cons: email traffic at times seemed overwhelming, but necessary for communication.
A typical day as Project Manager started by checking priority list of task requirements for the day. Key projects had daily deliverables and required follow-up with consultants to insure the items would be delivered on time and within the allotted budget for the task. Status of these tasks on the critical path were checked periodically depending on effort and risk. Team project status meeting were held on prescribed intervals and required agenda that covered tasks complete since last meeting, tasks not completed, items to be address before next meeting, issues encountered, status of outstanding issues, and review of financial health/budget and schedule of the project. Once the meeting was held a recap report of the meeting was prepared and sent to participants. Side discussions were held with the stakeholders to insure all items were being addressed in an appropriate manner. Monitoring email traffic was key because the team was instructed to keep-me-in-the-loop. Within the emails I needed to be alert for any new risks, delays, estimated effort change, and completion of task notices. The end-of-the-day activity required updating the priority list and preparing items for the next day.
Great location if you must work in downtown Chicago
Senior Software Specialist - ERPLX Development (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 28, 2014
Located in Citicorp Plaza adjacent to the train station. Shopping and restaurants abound. Great co-workers; very supportive.
Products learning environments, work from home
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Columbus, OH (remote)March 10, 2014
Pros: remote, work from home, benefits, great compensation, trusting environment
Cons: learning curve, very advanced team
Infor is a great company with a management team that really tries their best to work with you on any skills you may be lacking. It is primarily work from home which is great for those overnight long haul workers that are better alone than being dictated in a cubicle.

I learned and fine tuned my .NET, C# skills and my EXT.js in JavaScript with seasoned 20 year veterans in design and development.
Plenty of opportunities and lots of flexibility
Professional Services Project Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Short and sweet…it's a great company to work for…for many reasons.
Fun workplace
Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee), New York, New YorkOctober 13, 2013
Infor is a nice place to work for. The company has great benefits package.
Good Company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2013
Enjoyed my time at Infor
I was part of major projects before company had a layoff
Very Strange Culture
Global Director of Program Services (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2013
Pros: potential for growth
Cons: see above
Management seems very dysfunctional as compared to other companies I have worked for. No leadership at the top leading to poor decisions or no decisions at all. A conglomeration of multiple companies has led to fiefdoms that protect their turf at all costs.
Not horrible but not great either
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 2, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, great vacation and healthcare benefits
Cons: no advancement, no review-driven salary adjustments
Upper level management changes make all the levels below hop to a new tune with each change, employees tend to wonder if there is any unified vision or if the changes are based on whimsy - or perhaps to make an impression as the new person in charge.

The job's quality really depends on your the chain of command. If all the people along your chain are smart, this is a really nice job. Not so much if there are people along the chain who don't "get it".

The company tends to lose good people left and right due to the lack of career and salary advancement.
the worst executive management team I've seen in 20 years
manager (Current Employee), remoteMarch 29, 2013
Pros: it's great for remote workers that they only put in a 10/15 hour week.
Cons: 75% of employees are entirely unqualified for their positions.
Branding concepts taken from industry blogs. No marketing creativity. Fierce resentment towards effective employees. Reward for failing to move forward the rather insincere company objectives.

Not a single executive would work at Infor if they were employable anywhere else.

A terrible culture and even worse products.