Informa Employee Reviews

Junior Data Capture Technician
Junior Data Capture Technician (Former Employee) –  Dublin, IrelandDecember 10, 2016
My responsibilities were data preparation, scanning production, quality control monitoring and database compilation.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Conferences Producer (Current Employee) –  LondonAugust 29, 2016
Gives an in-depth understanding of industries you're involved in,
Knowledge of banking, automotive and natural resources industries. In resources covering: metals & mining, gold, precious metals and coal mining. In automotive focusing on: manufacturing, engineering and retail. Commercial acumen in EU-Russia-China corporate contacts, investment opportunities, intelligence and business development
Great for people starting their career
Head of Marketing Communications (Current Employee) –  LondonMay 6, 2016
This is a great organisation if you want your first bit of experience and need a FTSE 100 company on your CV. For people who are more senior with a deeper desire to get paid what they are worth, have a work life balance and a positive working environment, this is definitely not the place to work.
Corporate but fun place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 29, 2016
Informa is a fantastic company to work for and is possibly the best in the industry. I was in the Business Information division and I must say it's definitely a work hard play hard environment. If anyone wants to work there, do not hesitate to apply.
Pros
Left to your own devices
Cons
You can feel like a number as there are so many employees
Wonderful group of people to work alongside
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  ColchesterMarch 15, 2016
The best and most industrious group of co-workers I have ever had the pleasure to work alongside.
Firm believers in the benefits of education
pitfall in your career
Account Director Telecoms & Media- Ovum (Current Employee) –  LondonFebruary 10, 2016
be ready for lots of false promises upon joining and even if you perform be ready to be let down. also if you are after stability this isn't the company as change is constant
Pretty stagnant but trying hard
Senior Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ENGDecember 8, 2015
Fun place to work as most jobs require international travel (particularly in logistics, production and sponsorship sales). Fairly young bunch of employees but an old-fashioned approach to management and a very top-down structure.

Hard to make yourself heard unless you play the game.

Conferences are mostly repeat events and can be quite cookie cutter unless you really stick your neck out and insist on using new ways of working.
Pros
Not much overtime required, good benefits and salary for the field.
Cons
Bad management, lots of complacent staff who've been there for too long.
Busy but am loving it
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 8, 2015
Fun work place since I super love my job. Enjoyed so much performing my tasks. Love my colleagues as we all are enjoying each our job.
Pros
you get to control your own timing
Cons
argument with a client
Innovative and fast paced!
Designer (Current Employee) –  London, ENGAugust 27, 2015
Great vibrant company to work for if you are into sales, marketing or publishing. Colleagues here are a fantastic bunch to know. London office offer flexible working meaning you can either work in office or at home. They offer great benefits especially for those with families. Informa is constantly adapting and changing which can be brutal to contend with but is necessary for the business to thrive!
Pros
Good benefits, flexible working
Project management and product development
Head of Seminars/Training Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENGAugust 25, 2015
I learned life long skills and lessons in Product development, Market Research, Content Management, Project Management, Stakeholder Management, Copywriting, Communications Management, Team Management, Brand Management, Website Content Management, and Budget Management.
Pros
International travel
Cons
Limited career progression
Good learning experience
Senior Lead (Former Employee) –  IndiaJune 5, 2015
Their medical journals was one of the best to subscrbe among their competitors and their strategy in time to publish was really appreciated
Pros
great work culture
Cons
tight schdules
Informa
Head of IT - APAC - Singapore (Current Employee) –  Singapore,May 19, 2015
Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialised information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organisations around the world.
The Only Constant Is Change
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ENGApril 13, 2015
The board has changed and company went through restructuring. Speaking to colleagues who have been there longer than me, they are used to this happening often.

Company prefers to grow inorganically and do not seem to be able to fix obvious problems which can be solved by investment in staff and in products.

I must stress that the company is a collection of business so my experience could be different from someone else whose product is well supported/funded.
Pros
Flexible working, sideways movement
Cons
too much change prevents managers being able to develop their teams effectively
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  CityJuly 21, 2014
A great sense of familiarity and commradary here.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time. Brilliant product, great sales training and brilliant colleagues.
Fantastic new offices
A progressive multi-media company
International Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UKJanuary 21, 2013
A progressive multi-media company serving the European telecom and cable company. Provided great opportunity to develop new mult-national company/global account relationships
Fun Workplace
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  LondonJanuary 4, 2013
Analysis, using Excel & SQL.
Challenging at times.
Picked up on SQL very quick in order to extract information and also PIVOT.
Relaxed but professional workplace
Web Editor (Former Employee) –  LondonOctober 24, 2012
Working for Informa was a very rewarding experience. The staff are helpful and friendly. I have learnt so much during my time there and miss them.

My day started with identifying the most urgent tasks for the day, which I worked through until the last task of the day which was uploading the Lloyd's List epaper to the website. It surprised me how much I had paced myself to undertake this last task as it was mission critical.

I learned CMS such as Wordpress, SVN, My Source Matrix, Escenic and EIDOS Media.

The most enjoyable part of the job was desging using Adobe Creative Suite and coding HTML and CSS.
Pros
started work at 11.00am so i missed the rush hour.
Cons
having to stay up to 2 hours if the epaper would not load.
environnement de travail très mauvais
Organisateur de salons (Former Employee) –  Paris 8e (75)May 13, 2016
entreprise très négative. qui a utilisé mes compétences pour obtenir le max et m'a licencié en fin de période d'essai de 7 mois
Pros
bonne équipe
Cons
la direction
empresa dinâmica e um ambiente agradável
Atendente (Former Employee) –  Brasília, DFMarch 27, 2014
Um ótimo ambiente para trabalhar , bons funcionários , aprendi a fazer trabalhos administrativos , testar mais minha inteligência e profissionalismo , uma ótima gerência , super agradável , trabalhos tranquilos e sem erros .
Pros
refeição na empresa
Cons
fornece vale-refeição
agradável, dinâmica, humana e parceira do funcionário
aux administrativo, supervisora tlkm (Former Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro, RJNovember 7, 2013
Empresa, de médio porte com potêncial para crescer, tinha um ótimo adminostrado também, havia um grupo bem agradável para se trabalhar, aprendi a comandar sem ter que ser autoritário aprendi que o comando deve haver pulso, firmesa. Conhecimento da empresa que trabalha e do produto que lhe foi apresentado.
Pros
vale refeição e asssit médica
Cons
não assist médica

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Informa. Our community is ready to answer.