Position Type: Full-time Exempt
As a Web Developer you will be responsible for the development of various web-based solutions with a variety of commercial and government clients. This position works with front-end developers, as well as others in the creative group to build interactive online solutions for our clients and their users.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with Senior Technical leads, develop deliverables per client needs and expectations and present potential concepts
- Back-end development of technical solutions
- Assist in the identification of functional requirements
- Collaboration with teams members to create interactive technical solutions, including website and web-based trainings
- Interact and confer with client frequently regarding specific work efforts including seeking regular feedback and input from client on deliverables
- Balance and prioritize work to ensure critical items are addressed
- Produce high quality deliverables while working within budget and meeting deadlines
- Keep supervisor aware of workload and potential conflicting commitments
- Familiarity developing in a LAMP environment
- Strong grasp of programming/web development best practices and concepts such as MVC design, web templating, caching, code reuse, etc.
- Familiarity with SQL, database design, and other data formats such as XML and JSON
- Experience customizing and extending CMS solutions like WordPress, Drupal or similar open-source platforms
- Basic knowledge of Git version control
- Strong familiarity with the jQuery framework
- Must be able to design web applications that are functionally consistent across relevant browsers, and that degrade gracefully in popular but less-than-modern browsers.
- Ability to create, execute, and document tests to ensure an application meets user requirements and specifications
- Strong desire and ability to work creatively and analytically with an attention to detail
- Excellent ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand
- Can easily handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work cooperatively as a member of a team as well as independently with self direction
- Must have patience, flexibility, a good sense of humor and be solutions-focused
Optional or Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of SCORM and Section 508 compliance
- Knowledge of Adobe Flash, ActionScript, and XML
- Experience with .NET
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (integrating learning objects, tagging, testing, etc.)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field is preferred
- 3-5 years of application experience developing and programming websites
Information Experts is an award-winning communications firm specializing in results-focused strategic communications consulting and creation. Information Experts has become who we are through a unique yet pragmatic sensibility we call integrated communications. Integrated communications represents, not only our complementary suite of consulting, content, marketing, and training services, but also our fundamental mission to help corporations find and communicate their authentic voice to its customers, partners, employees, and the media.
Information Experts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.