Information Resources Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging team dynamics
Director of Project Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2016
There are a lot of very intelligent people that work here, but unfortunately none of the egos are checked at the door. The technology department produces a lot of great work, but if the engineers in technology need to interact, it is challenging for the project manager to get them in the same room, let alone speak to each other.
Pros
Casual dress code, comfortable workspace, game room
Cons
Egos, long commute to work
Great Organization
Project Director/Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2015
Very Innovated in marketing research and development. Worked as an analyst in generated industries charts, and reports. Promoted to the special analyst department where I worked on special introductory products and assistance on products that were not producing favorable numbers. Great group of individuals to work with, across all departments.
Pros
Innovated product lines
Cons
Some long weekends
On-site client support position
Consumer Shopper Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 8, 2015
The company is challenging to navigate in terms of figuring out who to go to when you have questions. Provide great training and co-workers are very willing to help.
Pros
can work remotely
Cons
a lot of last minute fire drills and database issues that make job challenging
Great teamwork and benifits
Director Software Development (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Il.April 29, 2015
Great company to work for. I managed 5 teams of developers creating software solutions for fortune 500 customers. Biggest challenge was short timelines for changes to be made in the next software release.
Very independent worker needed for this position
Field Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2014
Worked independently of supervision. Maintained own work schedule. Scheduled a variety of jobs weekly as needed to meet time demands. Transmitted all work to HQ in Chicago via phone.
Assisted other local workers as needed to meet deadlines required for projects.
Lots of flexibility.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
some travel required
Very fast-pased environment with limited respite
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
I have had great experience with collaborating with my cross-functional partners. I learned to be in-the-moment at all times and learned more about myself in high-stressful situations. The hardest part of my job was trying to balance the competing commitments of my hiring manager and my direct supervisor. However, I thoroughly enjoyed working with a seasoned HR Staff.
Pros
high visibility to greater hr division
Cons
a mid-sized company who thinks that it is a small company. only focuses on client-facing employees.
Office Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 14, 2014
Market Research company located in downtown Cincinnati, globally headquartered in Chicago, IL. Manage the day-to-day functions of 150+ employees office services. Managed administrative staff, planned internal client meeting, and off-site company events; i.e.. holiday, summer activity. Prepared yearly office budget, managed office expenses via on-line account payable software. Managed all office moves, managed three office construction projects. I'm thrilled by the prospect of building order from chaos and I'm optimistic and solutions oriented and endlessly energetic.
professional environment with a varied work day that never became repetitive.
Senior Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJAugust 8, 2012
A typical day at Information Resources included meeting field reps at their stores for training on upcoming projects, checking their work for quality assurance/employee review purposes. Preparation of supply packages for field reps. Ensuring all weekly surveys are completed in a timely manner.
Pros
varied work week
Cons
constant travel
Position required extensive work working with Business Development on new business capture pursuits.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Essington, PASeptember 5, 2014
Worked on approximately 35 business captures and the primary cost estimating engineer. Some of these captures were in the range of 6-8 billion dollars with various government agencies and departments. I was able to develop a set of statistical estimating metrics for the various products and artifacts involved in the project. I managed subordinate engineers across four geographic regions of the country which required extensive coordination. Most of the assignments were time sensitive and very demanding that provided a great deal of satisfaction when we were successful in winning the new business.
Pros
challenging assignments, ability to interface with new colleagues, ability to create and utilize metrics to improve quoting accuracy and efficiency, and opportunity to influence subordinates' work via managing their activities.
Cons
long hours (80-90 hrs per week) were common place
Nice place to work, lots of teamwork... no major complaints..
Bilingual Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2012
My experience was good, even as a contract worker was treated with respect..good hours.I learned a lot about marketing...and people on the other end of the phone..
Pros
free parking, and no week-ends.
Cons
no benefits as contract worker.low pay, no raises..etc..
Nice people to work with
Office Manager/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wantagh, NYJuly 16, 2013
Took on working for this company knowing that they would be pulling out of the Long Island area in a couple of years but enjoyed working there the entire time. Management always made you feel appreciated.
Pros
good benefits and management
Cons
long island office was going to be closing.
Can do attitude and fighting spirit
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2014
I was with IRI pre PE management. It was a fun and dynamic organization that relished the challenge of being the number two syndicated data company
Pros
youthful
Cons
modest pay
Very Flexible work schedule
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2014
I enjoyed working as a FSR while I attended school, the schedule is very flexible with the only restrictions being the stores hours that you are scanning and weekly deadline. Pay is "hourly" based on how fast you can scan UPC codes.
good environment,independant contractor
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJApril 6, 2012
good experience in merchandising,work by myself,travel,good hours,meet people,learn about different consumer products.
Pros
work independently, good hours, stress free work
Cons
not enough hours
They love to work and play together
Quality Assurance / Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2012
It depends who you work for, but my experience that most managers are easy going. Work environment can get busy but most take time to help you out.
Market research company
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAOctober 27, 2014
Enjoyed working for this company, allowed me to have a flexible schedule.
Lab Assistant
UTD Computer Labs and Student Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 1, 2014
I assisted students with internet problems, virus removal and information about the computer labs around the campus.
Fantastic People!
Client Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2013
IRI has smart and savvy people working for the company. However, it runs its organization lean. Recognizing its employees could be greatly improved.
Customer Serv Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILMay 23, 2012
Inbound outbound call center for marketing research company
Pros
very good people to work with.
Cons
job was outsourced to india.
great people
Corporate Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2014
great people...

very competitve; but very friendly.

there is no much else to tell
Pros
great people
Cons
cannnot think of any

4.2