Information Resources Inc. Employee Reviews

Young, vibrant employee base
WESTERN REGION SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CROSS FUNCTIONAL DISARRAYSan Francisco, CAApril 5, 2017
IRI was a Company that was filled with many individuals with PHD's from Ivy league school, MIT etc., so it was a bit intimidating. But on the other hand I was one of the very few who had the practical street sales experience so it was a good fit.
Pros
Intense, but AT THE SAME TIME RELAXED ATMOSPHERE
Director, Solutions Lead (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 27, 2017
There is poor work/life balance at IRI. I seldom can take vacation without having to work. I'm in the operations department and basically on call 24/7.

Training for new job responsibilities is non-existent.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work Life balance & training
indedpendent work
data collector (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 25, 2017
I worked many years for IRI and enjoyed the fact that I could make my own hours every week, as long as I got all of my work done within each week.
There were a lot of negatives too. There were always open positions and I was required to cover the extra stores/tasks and sometimes it interfered with other things in my life such as appointments, vacations or other commitments.
Communications with the supervisor was always adequate. sometimes we got very heavy work loads and sometimes not enough time to complete them, other times there was very little work and hard to make enough money.
Pros
make my own hours, take breaks as I wanted
Cons
inconsist available work hours, no benefits
Challenging team dynamics
Director of Project Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2016
There are a lot of very intelligent people that work here, but unfortunately none of the egos are checked at the door. The technology department produces a lot of great work, but if the engineers in technology need to interact, it is challenging for the project manager to get them in the same room, let alone speak to each other.
Pros
Casual dress code, comfortable workspace, game room
Cons
Egos, long commute to work
Great Organization
Project Director/Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2015
Very Innovated in marketing research and development. Worked as an analyst in generated industries charts, and reports. Promoted to the special analyst department where I worked on special introductory products and assistance on products that were not producing favorable numbers. Great group of individuals to work with, across all departments.
Pros
Innovated product lines
Cons
Some long weekends
On-site client support position
Consumer Shopper Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 8, 2015
The company is challenging to navigate in terms of figuring out who to go to when you have questions. Provide great training and co-workers are very willing to help.
Pros
can work remotely
Cons
a lot of last minute fire drills and database issues that make job challenging
Great teamwork and benifits
Director Software Development (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Il.April 29, 2015
Great company to work for. I managed 5 teams of developers creating software solutions for fortune 500 customers. Biggest challenge was short timelines for changes to be made in the next software release.
Very independent worker needed for this position
Field Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2014
Worked independently of supervision. Maintained own work schedule. Scheduled a variety of jobs weekly as needed to meet time demands. Transmitted all work to HQ in Chicago via phone.
Assisted other local workers as needed to meet deadlines required for projects.
Lots of flexibility.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Some travel required
Market research company
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAOctober 27, 2014
Enjoyed working for this company, allowed me to have a flexible schedule.
Can do attitude and fighting spirit
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2014
I was with IRI pre PE management. It was a fun and dynamic organization that relished the challenge of being the number two syndicated data company
Pros
Youthful
Cons
Modest pay
Position required extensive work working with Business Development on new business capture pursuits.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Essington, PASeptember 5, 2014
Worked on approximately 35 business captures and the primary cost estimating engineer. Some of these captures were in the range of 6-8 billion dollars with various government agencies and departments. I was able to develop a set of statistical estimating metrics for the various products and artifacts involved in the project. I managed subordinate engineers across four geographic regions of the country which required extensive coordination. Most of the assignments were time sensitive and very demanding that provided a great deal of satisfaction when we were successful in winning the new business.
Pros
Challenging assignments, ability to interface with new colleagues, ability to create and utilize metrics to improve quoting accuracy and efficiency, and opportunity to influence subordinates' work via managing their activities.
Cons
Long hours (80-90 hrs per week) were common place
Lab Assistant
UTD Computer Labs and Student Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 1, 2014
I assisted students with internet problems, virus removal and information about the computer labs around the campus.
Very fast-pased environment with limited respite
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
I have had great experience with collaborating with my cross-functional partners. I learned to be in-the-moment at all times and learned more about myself in high-stressful situations. The hardest part of my job was trying to balance the competing commitments of my hiring manager and my direct supervisor. However, I thoroughly enjoyed working with a seasoned HR Staff.
Pros
High visibility to greater HR Division
Cons
A mid-sized company who thinks that it is a small company. Only focuses on client-facing employees.
Office Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 14, 2014
Market Research company located in downtown Cincinnati, globally headquartered in Chicago, IL. Manage the day-to-day functions of 150+ employees office services. Managed administrative staff, planned internal client meeting, and off-site company events; i.e.. holiday, summer activity. Prepared yearly office budget, managed office expenses via on-line account payable software. Managed all office moves, managed three office construction projects. I'm thrilled by the prospect of building order from chaos and I'm optimistic and solutions oriented and endlessly energetic.
Very Flexible work schedule
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2014
I enjoyed working as a FSR while I attended school, the schedule is very flexible with the only restrictions being the stores hours that you are scanning and weekly deadline. Pay is "hourly" based on how fast you can scan UPC codes.
great people
Corporate Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2014
great people...

very competitve; but very friendly.

there is no much else to tell
Pros
great people
Cons
cannnot think of any
Fantastic People!
Client Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2013
IRI has smart and savvy people working for the company. However, it runs its organization lean. Recognizing its employees could be greatly improved.
Nice people to work with
Office Manager/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wantagh, NYJuly 16, 2013
Took on working for this company knowing that they would be pulling out of the Long Island area in a couple of years but enjoyed working there the entire time. Management always made you feel appreciated.
Pros
Good Benefits and Management
Cons
Long Island Office was going to be closing.
They love to work and play together
Quality Assurance / Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2012
It depends who you work for, but my experience that most managers are easy going. Work environment can get busy but most take time to help you out.
professional environment with a varied work day that never became repetitive.
Senior Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJAugust 8, 2012
A typical day at Information Resources included meeting field reps at their stores for training on upcoming projects, checking their work for quality assurance/employee review purposes. Preparation of supply packages for field reps. Ensuring all weekly surveys are completed in a timely manner.
Pros
varied work week
Cons
constant travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Information Resources Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Information Resources Inc. Reviews by Location