Information Resources Inc. Employee Reviews

Iri
Director Field Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2018
IRI was a great place to work. The training provided to every employee was impressive; it included the part time field rep to the director level employee. The Field reps were prepared to work on their own and make the proper decisions with regards to the data collected. The Field Managers and Area Managers (Director of Field Operations) were given the tools necessary, from computer programs to track productivity and data quality to the management and human resource training needed to be successful.
Account Management
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2017
Information Resources was an ever-changing, fast paced environment which provided the foundation of my database career. I loved working there and learning from the very best of the CPG industry.
High paced environment
Solutions Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2017
The Media team at IRI has a great vision to grow the business and help their clients understand how their campaigns are performing in the ecosystem. In addition, to consult their clients with the right message that will grow all businesses.
still a leader in the market research industry
Client Insights Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2017
I have worked at IRI on and off again since 1996. There is a reason why I always come back. I really like the culture - the people are overall friendly, helpful, supportive, and your relationships here tend to carry over for years to come. People feel a common bond and respect.

I also feel like the company has come back again with a strong image and positive reputation among CPG retailers and manufacturers. I like what they do and believe in their offerings.

The flexibility to work from home is wonderful as well.
No clear cut defined rules on mission
Field Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZAugust 14, 2017
This job was all self-sufficient and the management was hard to get a hold of for questions and/or help. The software was hard to utilize and required a landline to complete the job.
Nice company to work for.
Word Processor (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 8, 2017
Since I left employment with this company over 30 years ago, I don't remember much about the job. I worked in the word processing pool/department, and my co-workers were nice.
Consultant, Database Development (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 30, 2017
Nice people, but expect to work long hours and on weekends and holidays if a project requires it. Big company with a lot of change so there is always reorganizations.
Na
Director, Client Insights Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
Good overall company with positive future and good training program. Direct manager makes a big difference. Team culture is stronger in some parts of org. vs. others.
Analytical and Challenging
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2017
The position that I held here was heavily involved in data mining and analytics. Most of the firm works on this platform and uses the information to assist their clients in strategic decision making.
Great springboard for career
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
IRI is a great place to work to immerse yourself in data and learn the industry. Amazing opportunity for jr. level employees to interact with key sales and marketing folks and large, CPG companies.
Pros
Great place to learn a ton
Cons
Lower pay than if you work on manufacturer side, at least for entry level
Small cluttered stored
Retailer Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILMay 25, 2017
Managed 2-3 employees, unload and hang clothing. At the end of the day I had to assist in cleaning the store and count the bank. The hardest part of the job was trying to calm upset customers. Overall, I enjoyed interacting with the customers and assisting them with their shopping experience.
High Stress and not much feedback
Director of Project Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
Management feedback is non-existent.
No training offered.
Limited communication between management and staff, and also communication challenges between technology and the business
Good Company
Manager: Client Solutions (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 16, 2017
Information Resources Inc is leader in syndicated data industry...providing a good platform/opportunity to understand and apply syndicated data research both at manufacturer and retailers
Young, vibrant employee base
WESTERN REGION SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CROSS FUNCTIONAL DISARRAYSan Francisco, CAApril 5, 2017
IRI was a Company that was filled with many individuals with PHD's from Ivy league school, MIT etc., so it was a bit intimidating. But on the other hand I was one of the very few who had the practical street sales experience so it was a good fit.
Pros
Intense, But at the same time relaxed atmosphere
indedpendent work
data collector (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 25, 2017
I worked many years for IRI and enjoyed the fact that I could make my own hours every week, as long as I got all of my work done within each week.
There were a lot of negatives too. There were always open positions and I was required to cover the extra stores/tasks and sometimes it interfered with other things in my life such as appointments, vacations or other commitments.
Communications with the supervisor was always adequate. sometimes we got very heavy work loads and sometimes not enough time to complete them, other times there was very little work and hard to make enough money.
Pros
make my own hours, take breaks as I wanted
Cons
inconsist available work hours, no benefits
Great workplace
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMay 6, 2016
Great place to work providing opportunities with full work/life balance. Depending on your role, you can work remotely 5 days a week with occasional client travel.
Challenging team dynamics
Director of Project Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2016
There are a lot of very intelligent people that work here, but unfortunately none of the egos are checked at the door. The technology department produces a lot of great work, but if the engineers in technology need to interact, it is challenging for the project manager to get them in the same room, let alone speak to each other.
Pros
Casual dress code, comfortable workspace, game room
Cons
Egos, long commute to work
Great Organization
Project Director/Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2015
Very Innovated in marketing research and development. Worked as an analyst in generated industries charts, and reports. Promoted to the special analyst department where I worked on special introductory products and assistance on products that were not producing favorable numbers. Great group of individuals to work with, across all departments.
Pros
Innovated product lines
Cons
Some long weekends
On-site client support position
Consumer Shopper Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 8, 2015
The company is challenging to navigate in terms of figuring out who to go to when you have questions. Provide great training and co-workers are very willing to help.
Pros
can work remotely
Cons
a lot of last minute fire drills and database issues that make job challenging
Great teamwork and benifits
Director Software Development (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Il.April 29, 2015
Great company to work for. I managed 5 teams of developers creating software solutions for fortune 500 customers. Biggest challenge was short timelines for changes to be made in the next software release.