The candidate should be capable of designing technical solutions for complex problems as well as providing technical oversight of project solutions. To be successful the candidate must be able to define internal and external client IT web architectural needs, design solutions to meet those needs, as well as capacity planning, systems configuration/tuning, monitoring, backups, and hardware and software installations. The system engineer should be exceptional at strategic planning, technical design, and implementation of company's solutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain technical knowledge of the company's technology offerings
- Design and architect solutions based upon client needs
- Solution support to client management staff
- Technical guidance for professional projects
- Engineering for implementation of company's solutions
- Troubleshooting for escalated problems
- Identifying and securing technology sales, specifically Professional Services engagements
- Oversee building business plans, strategic direction, and standards for procedures and policies as they relate to IT systems architecture
- Apply analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments
5-10 years of experience in a similar position is required for the systems engineer position, as well as a good understanding of Windows Server, AD, Exchange, Terminal Server, SharePoint, Citrix, VMware, Veam and Backup exec and Netback up, BES, TCP/IP, SIP.
In addition to technical experience, the best candidate will demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and relationship building skills, strong written and oral communication skills, and have the ability to present ideas in a user-friendly manner. We are looking for an engineer who has an understanding of the client's organizational goals and objectives, and is a self-motivated hard worker.
Full time employees are expected to work 40 hours a week. Our office is located in Midtown Manhattan, some local travel to prospective or existing client sites.