Information Technology Department Employee Reviews

Productive and Enjoyable work place
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 27, 2017
Responsible for disposal of damage technology. Responsible for Computer installation and repair. Responsible for setting up computer labs throughout the Baltimore City School district.
Pros
Learning Each day something new about the technology
Great people
Office Automation Clerk (Former Employee) –  US Navy GreeceAugust 11, 2017
Worked with great group of people in a small IT department at a US Navy base overseas. It was great teamwork and they really bonded together to get the job done.
Great environmet. Excellent conditions.
Network Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 6, 2017
The work environment was very pleasant and everyone worked as a Team supporting each other. Great internal and external customer service. Management provides a comfortable working place, so that employees feel like they were at home. Everyone gets along and helps each other. Excellent training opportunities for staff to enhance their skills and knowledge.
Pros
Flexible Management, Great Benefits, Great people, Family environment
Cons
n/a
This is a great place to gain some experience with technology along with make some good connections that can help you in the future.
Student Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 3, 2017
Generally a typical work day looks like starting off with doing simple inventory things and doing your morning duties. After this, your main role is to provide Audio/Video support to any classrooms on campus that may need it.

I have learned a lot from this job both non-technical and technical. Some skills I have learned include proper customer service and technical diagnostic steps and tools.

The hardest part of this job is also the most enjoyable part of this job in my opinion. This is the fact that tasks can be challenging and you can have absolutely no idea how to fix something. Some classrooms have nearly 350 students in the class that are waiting for you to come up with a fix before too much time of the 50 minute lecture is wasted. These daily challenges that you might not know how to fix are easily the hardest part of the job but also make the job fun and help you stay on your toes and think fast.
Good work atmosphere, boss was always willing to help and provide feedback on projects
Media Tech Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAApril 19, 2016
I learned a lot at this job. I was introduced and learned how to edit videos, edit pictures and create projects for students and professors. My co-workers were super helpful during the learning process.
Student worker
Classroom Support/ Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHFebruary 3, 2016
I worked behind the desk at the information technologies department. I was a multi-media tech for the college. It was a great experience working with different devices.
Pros
got to work with a diverse set of co workers
Cons
making runs in the cold/rainy weather was not fun
Challenging and rewarding student environment
Lead Faculty, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 9, 2015
The thing I disliked most at my last position was having to issue failing grades to students that didn't meet the pass criteria. I am a firm believer in positive intent (People want to do their best), but sometimes things happen to preclude that. It was interesting that more often than not, the students would acknowledge that they had let themselves down and would use it as a learning experience for future success.
Really enjoyed building the Cisco Data Center. It really pushed my integration and design skills as well as the vendor and project management aspects.
Enjoyed working with the students and celebrating their successes. Especially when they started their career job searches. The mentoring aspects were really rewarding.
Exellent Work Environment, Benefits, and Management Team
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hatboro, PAOctober 27, 2014
This company was purchased and by United America Insurance, and relocated from Hatboro to Bala Cynwyd. I can only speak for the corporate environment while working At Penn America in Hatboro. Excellent management, with open door policy. Opportunities for advancement for those who were willing to work hard and pay attention to details and customer service. Room for employees to develop or improve systems and procedures - and rewards for doing so. I saw the need for a more detailed Disaster Recovery Plan, including all departments, not just IT. I was given that responsibility to do that, and Mangers and Employees willingly worked with me to develop it. The people in my department were all team-oriented and met regularly to discuss issues/solutions. Everyone worked very well together. What I learned was a lot about what goes on in the Information Technology Department, including how to "close the books" at the end of each month. I learned the procedure and began taking my turns at closing them, which required overnight watch on my home computer.
Pros
Team environment, Management Doors were open for all employees. Freedom to suggest and/or improve procedures.
Cons
The only con was their purchase by United America, and subsequest move to Bala Cynwyd.
Technology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 3, 2014
Great company to work for. Although it was through work study, with the little hours given to me, I was able to learn a lot through out my three years at the I.T Department. I had excellent coworkers and I was even give the ability to train some of the new hires at the department.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Little pay
Very busy department
Data Controller/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAApril 28, 2014
Very busy department. A lot of interaction with the public through phone contact, emails or walkins.
Pros
Learning new technology.
Cons
Change in new management.
Good learning experience for graduate students.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 8, 2014
Simple teaching assistant position for SPSU in the IT department.
IT Program Admin
IT Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 21, 2014
IBM's Master Data Management and Frontrange Solutions ITSM are my primary programs. Additional program is our digital signage initiative.
relaxed environment and convenient for students
Lab Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 3, 2013
the most enjoyable part of the job was was the flexibility. While working, I was able to successfully complete my studies with minimal interruptions.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
very few hours/week
Good
JAVA PROGRAMMER (Former Employee) –  BostonMay 23, 2013
its good , learnt many new things in the project , very supportive
Productive at work
Geographic Information Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Isle of Wight, VAApril 9, 2013
Creating maps using ArcGIS software. Assist citizens and coworkers.
Student Worker
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 1, 2013
Easy job, nice people.Worked there as an undergrad to make some money while I was in school.
Fast-paced environment with daily transitions necessary
Software Support Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Covington, LouisianaNovember 15, 2012
The work was clerical, but it was never boring. Each day brought many new challenges that required problem solving skills and attention to minor details. I learned so much about what it takes to keep the technology department running smoothly and efficiently. I also learned to multi-task and make notes to be sure that there was no wasted time or energy. The hardest part of the job was the figuring out how much paper products (checks, report cards and etc.) would be necessary in the school year, as well as proofing reports and meeting deadlines. The most enjoyable part was the people with whom I worked on a daily basis. The technicians out in the field doing the work, the Supervisors that demanded accountability and the women and men that had the ability to figure out very complex technology issues amazed me. I learned so much and feel it was a privilege to have worked for them.
Pros
learned so much and made good connections
Cons
instructors impatience while learning
Worked in a team
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manassas, vaAugust 3, 2012
It is an online unversity, support staff members and students
Great People
Desktop Support/Inventory/Software Tech (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 11, 2012
You learn new things everyday
new challenges daily
Work flow is light
management and workers on the same level.
Great position for students to start there career in the IT Industry.
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Princess Anne, MDJune 8, 2012
Responsibilities were maintenance of the computer hardware and other related equipment. Knowledgeable of certain software’s that is used for computer repair. Assemble an entire computer. Set up hardware network in varies offices and dorms. Assist colleagues in minor or major computer hardware or software problems.
Pros
loved working in the it lab.
Cons
had to go to class.