Sr. IT Specialist / Engineer
We are a rapidly growing IT consulting firm located in Irvine. We provide consulting services for our clients (businesses with 10 to 250 endpoints) and also act as their outsourced IT. We have been in business since 2007 and currently employ 7 people. Our business is booming and we have several positions open in our technical team.
Unlike typical system administrators jobs, you will not work for only one company's IT, you will not manage one network, one set of servers and workstations, maintain one set of software, and get to understand only one type of business in one vertical.... Instead you will be exposed to dozens of networks, servers, applications, technologies, with companies small and large sizes, in different verticals, and we guarantee you will never get bored! We strive to create a fun environment to work in, and love to share our knowledge.
This is a full-time position available NOW! The work is to be performed mostly from our office during business hours; on-site and after-hours projects are sometimes required.
- Build a strong professional relationship with our clients.
- Provide remote preventative maintenance services.
- Provide remote emergency service to clients as required. Troubleshoot and resolve network, server, workstation and software problems.
- Remotely configure and tune software to meet the client's functional, performance and security requirements.
- Architect and design networks and systems to meet client's requirements, and provide blue-print for a local technician to implement
- Provide remote day-to-day support for your assigned client's servers, workstations, network, printers, mobile solutions/smart phones and software packages.
- Bachelor or Associates degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems desired.
- A minimum of five (5) or more years experience as an IT/Network administrator or consultant.
- Microsoft MCSE Certification (2003 technology) or MCITP (2008 technology)
- Experience with SonicWALL firewall and security products
- Experience in planning, installing, troubleshooting and administration of Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2008R2 Server and Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 Desktop operating systems. Strong experience with Active Directory and Group Policy creation and deployment.
- Experience in the planning, installation, troubleshooting and administration of Exchange 2003 and 2007/2010 required. Must have experience in at least one Exchange 2003 to 2007/2010 migration.
- Experience with VMware Vsphere 4 and/or 5 virtualization technology required
- Experience with Microsoft SQL administration/maintenance desired
- Experience with Linux a significant plus
- Experience with compiled Asterisk PBX a big plus
- A desire to stay with our company for long term career achievement
- Excellent ability to communicate in the English language. Clear and concise verbal skills as well as writing skills.
- Strong customer skills. Ability to develop and maintain a high level of trust and confidence with the Client.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently, work as part of a team, or work as a team leader.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks. Excellent sense of priority and ability to juggle several assignments often with different clients, at the same time while keeping management informed and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Extremely detailed oriented. Excellent follow-through skills.
- Strong work ethic. Strong desire to please the customer regardless of the time it may take.
- Strong desire for self-improvement. Likes to learn new technologies.
- Self-started and self-motivated
THE TEAM, THE PROJECTS
All engineers on staff as well as our subcontractors have extensive IT experience, love what they do and have a high dedication to our client's business. You will be exposed to a lot of different technologies, and a wide range of businesses. Sample projects we dealing with on a regular basis are: redesign and optimization of client's networks, migrations or implementation of a new Exchange servers, virtualization of physical servers, planning and implementation of disaster recovery solutions, maintenance of systems, training, design and implementation of phone systems, and of course help desk support. If you love IT, you will love this job. We are a drug free company based on the Drug Free Workplace Act and the statutory and regulatory requirements of our clients.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
To apply, simply send us (1) your resume, (2) a cover letter, (3) a list of the technical skills you have used regularly during the last three years, and (4) your salary requirements for this full-time employee position.
We do conduct a technical interview of each candidate coming for an interview. We will create issues on lab servers, and see how you proceed to troubleshoot. Please do not apply if you do not have the skills required!