Information Technology Employee Reviews in United States

The New York Public Library
Fiscal Manager (Former Employee) –  Midtown New York, NYApril 20, 2016
A wonderful institution whose work environment changes from location to location. Over all NYPL is wonderful place to work and a great learning enviroment
Yale U - not as great a it once was...
COLLABORATION AND SOCIAL MEDIA EVANGELIST (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 13, 2016
Yale was always a great place to work. You typically understand you will make less money, but you will have great benefits and increased work/life balance. It always felt like an honor to work there and be part of their mission. Over the last 5 years, the work environment and morale has declined considerably. The raise pool for staff is so small its embarrassing. Even when you EXCEL the most you can hope for is a 3-4% raise. There are no bonuses and while job security used to be one of the factors, it is no longer the case. The IT department has reorg fatigue, and has had several rounds of layoffs with little chance of turning that around. They also talk regularly about their commitment to diversity. However, in a recent round of layoffs in IT, there were 9 women, 3 individuals who self-identified as LGBTQ, 2 persons of ethnic diversity, and one over the age of 60. It has also lost its feel of "academia" and feels much more corporate. I loved my time there, but am happy to have moved on. There are a lot of "fire fights" and very little time to spend on planning and proactive work. The best thing about the place are the people, which is important. 10 years ago I would have rated Yale as a 5 star in all categories. In terms of priority - the University is committed to its students and faculty first and foremost, followed by the researchers. So whenever there are cuts, they are ALWAYS to the administrative staff.
Pros
great environment in New Haven
Cons
job security
Good Place to Work
Supervisor and Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is mentoring junior employees.

The hardest part of the job is ensuring customers are current on their payments.
Productive and repetitive easy going work place
Verification and Validation of student accounts (Former Employee) –  DeKalb County, ILFebruary 2, 2016
Arriving 15-20 minutes before schedule was a norm for IT team. Learning the different work styles and feeding off each to produce our best daily. Management allow us to do our jobs without standing over our shoulders. We enjoyed the space and worked to perfection within our own individual task. At the end of the day we have completed another job well done as a team.
Pros
Enjoyed bringing home dishes for lunch to share
Cons
Break down of computers
Close-Knit environment and great benefits
Integration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 8, 2016
TWU Information Technology department offers a close-knit environment where you can function as a team member and learn from other. There is an atmosphere of helping each other and there are lots of opportunity to get your hands on many aspects of information technology. Supervisor was trusting and friendly.
Productive and fun place to work
Network Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2015
This is a great company to work for lots of friendly coworkers who love to help out others. Always kept up to date with new projects that are in progress.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Have to pay for parking
Great place to work for...
Independent Restaurant Contractor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 24, 2015
A typical day was my boss picking me up and us heading to El Paso, Texas for breakfast then off to the worksite. I learned how to run cat 5 ethernet cable, external camera cable and phone lines for new Applebees, Village Inn's and Corner bakery restaurants. It taught me to work independently and with a team. I was taught how to install Point of sale systems. Which included changing out old wiring in already established locations that needed upgraded systems. Management was amazing I couldn't ask for a better boss to work for. I not only worked for him and his company but also at the University where I gradutated. I was his Teaching assistant for the International food and wine class for almost 5 years. I worked with a excellent group of guys who made the job a lot of fun. We could joke with each other but always maintained professionlism and made sure the job was done correctly and that the job site was cleaned after we were done. The hardest part of the job was getting up on rooftops in 100+ degree temperatures with hundreds of feet of cable and trying to get cable in a 1/2inch pipe with out it kinking in the pipe. The most enjoyable part was completeing a job and seeing the finsih product. Also working for an amazing boss and a good group of coworkers made it a very happy environment to work in.
Pros
Very helpful and understanding boss who was always willing to lend a hand when needed, Always provided lunch and sometimes breakfast, He was very knowledgeable in Point of sale systems and computer systems involving restaurants, He was the IT president for Applebees, Village Inn and Corner Bakery
Cons
Not much chance for advacement, Long hours in the heat
i like my job
Admin and Financial manager (Current Employee) –  jordanOctober 8, 2015
i am working since 2002 and i like my job i dont my personal information to be included and it should be private , i need a part time work from home
Both learning and a fun place to work at
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  chicagoSeptember 19, 2015
Debugging equipment issues with all audience surrounded is always been a nervous task and then boosts up confidence on its successful operation. Co-operative co-workers and a supportive management.
Review
Microcomputing Lab Consultant (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMarch 19, 2015
The job is very easy. I worked part time, and I liked it a lot, The manager is very helpful and willing to challenge us to something new.
Enjoyable part of the Job
Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 30, 2014
Meet new people. Many opportunity to interact with various groups of people. Most people you meet are so nice and friendly while you are helping troubleshoot their devices
Heidt
Director, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 21, 2014
This was by far the best job I have had in my life.

If you are lucky enough to work with the men and women in what is now Heidt Design, then, indeed you are lucky.

My time at Heidt rose from surveyor to IT Director, Construction Liason, to the very top of the company. The leaders were truly appreciative of their employees and I have, to this day, the utmost respect for them.

Truly a mark of leadership, that six years beyond, you look in favor upon them. That is Leadership.
Pros
family. we were a true family.
Cons
none... sorry!
Great Work but Unappealing Work Environment
Deputy Finance Lead, Hurricanes Katrina and Rita (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 30, 2014
Worked 7 days a week from 7AM to 7PM. Commuted from Houma to New Orleans. Enjoyed the work and challenges. Didn't care for the atmosphere which included some very unprofessional colleagues.
Pros
satisfying work, good pay
Cons
unprofessionalism of colleagues; extended hours and days; mandatory daily commute
Learned alot "on thee job training" Low supervision
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Springs, MDJanuary 20, 2014
I had total control of day to day run of the office. I learned a lot about IT and Office management. My main responsibilities were in the Human Resource capacity
Pros
self starter independent worker
Cons
company shut down
On call for fixing peopole computers
Self IT Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochelle, GAJanuary 1, 2014
installing what's needed for a computer. updating software, loading an OS.
A good campus job for the busy college student
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 10, 2013
good balance of busy time and down time...was able to do homework and research on the computer...great co-workers...got along great with everyone who worked there
Task oriented job and every day was different
Electronics & Video Technician (Former Employee) –  University of IowaApril 13, 2012
I would come into work never knowing what to expect for my workload. I was always sent all over the University of Iowa campus to fix the television network. It was an adventure journeying into old campus buildings in zoned off areas. They gave me a lot of responsibility by giving me access to restricted zones for students. I usually worked alone or with one other co-worker. Overall I had a great time at this job and value the experience I earned.