Opportunity Actively advance your engineering and physics career, designing superior electric vehicle (EV) propulsion components and assemblies. As there are multiple positions, you may be:
- designing cool ways to manage heat exchange, or
- designing for optimized weight/performance, while ensuring structural integrity of drivetrain, battery, or regenerative systems
We welcome your structural and/or thermal design experience acquired from the aerospace, aircraft, automotive, ROV, submarine or wind turbine fields.
Company You will be joining Wrightspeed Inc., a young, driven firm that is transforming how electric vehicle powertrains will economically operate, markedly reducing vehicle carbon footprints, without sacrificing performance. The company has successfully secured rounds of financing; garnered energy grants at the California state level; developed products that deliver incredible performance economies; and is shipping product. You will be part of the dedicated, expanded team that takes their lightweight Geared Traction Drive (GTD), clutchless gear shifting, regenerative braking and related innovations into full-production.
What is life like, here in Engineering? One of Wrightspeed’s engineers told me:
“I love it here! They give (me) lots of ownership and TONS of responsibility. From Day 1, they trusted me with huge projects.”
My Special Touch I’m working directly with the CEO/Founder and his direct staff, arranging interviews for qualified candidates.
Our Expectations in Your Career to Date
- As a design engineer, you have personal developed new product systems or assemblies in a commercial development environment.
- Your portfolio of work, reflects the complexity of mechanical engineering design projects undertaken and depth of understanding of performance expectations and trade-offs
- As a design engineer, you have confronted one or more of the following design challenges: addressing physical design geometry constraints; experience resolving fatigue, stress and vibration issues; managing and directing thermal transfer/cooling; all rendering components and systems that are economical, maintainable, reliable and designed for manufacture.
- You have project leadership experience within an R&D setting, while remaining a key, valued, robust individual contributor.
- Direct ProE or SolidWorks CAD tools experience for design simulation, together with strong analytical and computational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, whether it be interacting with R&D team members, supportive management team, or (if you join Wrightspeed) the CEO of your firm.
- BSME, BS Physics, or equivalent engineering degree; a related masters degree would be welcomed, while meeting all above expectations.
- You can readily commute to San Jose CA, or are willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area from the Continental United States.
You will join a team that whose members have confronted and overcome major design challenges in their careers. As for incredible electric vehicles, did you know Wrightspeed’s CEO & Founder built the vehicle that holds the current street legal EV speed record, surpassing Tesla?
Compensation & Benefits Very competitive salary, full company benefits and stock. Relocation will be available within the Continental United States to qualified candidates.
How to Apply
Kindly press the "Apply" button below, providing your resume--reflecting position requirements, along with best time(s) you may be reached.
I promptly respond to candidates meeting the above listed qualifications.
Authorized Wrightspeed Recruiter,
Informative Technology Recruiting for over 25 years