infosec institute

infosec institute Employee Reviews

Growing industry, great opportunities in a casual environment
Senior Sales Rep (Current Employee), Elmwood ParkMay 12, 2015
Pros: Ability to work independently to make good money, no need to make cold calls, uncapped commission
Cons: no dental or other perqs of a larger company
I have worked as a Senior Sales Rep at InfoSec Institute for 6 years and we have grown year after year at an amazing pace.

The work environment is collegial with enough competition to make it interesting but not pressure filled

Sales Reps get fresh leads to work without having to cold call - what could be better?
Don't say I didn't warn you
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIMay 6, 2015
Pros: Laid back atmosphere
Cons: Pay-average at best (when you get it), communication lack thereof, micro-managed.
The job culture was OK, if you don't mind a telesales/telemarketing type atmosphere. Required to make at least 70 calls/day which isn't difficult. Was threatened to be fired after 3 weeks if I "didn't step up my game.' On a holiday weekend, no less. They pay you ONCE/month which is why I left and, as I write this-30 days after I left and almost a week after my paycheck should have been deposited into my account-I haven't received it.
I understood the commission being distributed once a month but your entire PAYCHECK???
Also was informed that MOST of the sales team made about $70k but after the 6 weeks I was there it was evident that it wasn't even close to being the case.
I didn't get a chance to know the CEO too well but seemed like he had the company moving in the right direction from what I could see.
Excellent employer
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee), Elmwood Park, ILOctober 22, 2013
Pros: good compensation, great training to sell
Cons: everyone works hard so it is hard to distinguish yourself
I've worked 5+ years on the sales team at InfoSec and I have felt at home here. Interesting work, great clients from all over the world attend training, and solid management team that makes good decisions but does not hold onto the occasional bad decision. Fun relaxed work atmosphere with limited red tape and bs.

About infosec institute

InfoSec Institute is the premier provider of information security instructor led training. Founded and managed by leading experts – Read more