This position will mainly be involved in the development of upcoming technology initiatives. These initiatives will involve developing new technologies for the systems as well as supporting and enhancing current applications. This person will work closely with other team members to accomplish company, client, and personal goals.
The candidate is required to demonstrate that they have mastered object oriented concepts, have experience on enterprise development frameworks, and have overall strong development skills. The candidate needs to be self-motivated and be able to plan and execute based on imposed deadlines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in system analysis, design, implementation, documentation, unit and integration testing
- Take ownership of, responsibility for, and provide support on developed applications
- Develops technical design requirements from functional specifications.
- Develops application modules based on technical designs and by following application development standards (naming conventions, data access, security, etc).
- Identifies root causes of issues (errors, incorrect processing, performance, etc.) and is able to design remediation strategies for them.
- Maintains and modifies existing applications on their own as well as under direction from senior staff members.
- Performs maintenance programming activities.
- Performs custom programming at customer request.
- Participates in migration process (code reviews, preparation of test packages, documentation, etc.).
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve product quality and performance.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
Five to seven (5 - 7) years minimum of technical expertise in the following:
- Operating Systems: RHEL 5 and Windows 7
- Integration Technologies: Agile environments, WebServices, AJAX, jQuery, Facelets
- Java Enterprise Development Frameworks: JEE5, MVC, General understanding of Web Application frameworks i.e. Spring, Struts, Wicket)
- Object-Relational Mapping tools: JPA/DAO, JUnit,
- Databases: Solid foundation of RDBMS and SQL,
- Build Tools. Ant, Maven
- Java EE Containers: WebSphere AS, Oracle WebLogic
Other desirable skills/knowledge:
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members.
- Ability to collaborate with Client Services staff and other non-technical members of the organization.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively within a diverse team.
- Strong problem-solving, conceptual and strategic-thinking skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and self-direction.
- Full life cycle of software development experience.
- Be able to provide and receive technical guidance and encouragement / support a collaborative approach to development
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Minimum five (5) years experience as an application developer or Software Engineer
- Minimum two (3) years with web application design Knowledge of automated testing tool technologies
- Active Secret Clearance desired
Infused Solutions is a leader in Enterprise Content Management integration. Combining innovative system architecture, software development...