ING Financial Services Employee Reviews

Sr. Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 14, 2016
ING US Financial services was a great place to work and offered best work/life balance. Co-workers are really good and was fun to work with them even in high pressure situations.
Productive, creative,discipline.
Cognos Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 15, 2016
I'm like to work with a team and It was very interesting and I loved to be part of the team as well as many of the projects and other assignments.
Job Security the Focus, Growth is Rare.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2016
It is hard to move up in the company. My group had many very nice intelligent hard-working motivated interesting people.
Best Culture Experience
ING Direct - Lead Technology Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 11, 2016
ING Direct was influential in leading the on-line banking experience through technology for all of their customers.

ING Direct was an 1,100 employee company. the small size gave us the opportunity to make decisions quickly and take immediate actions accordingly.

The leaders were open to recommendations, responded to inquiries and questions within hours.
Pros
People, Innovation, Systems & Tools
Cons
Was acquired
best company I ever worked for
Closing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 4, 2016
ING was very committed to their employees. Even during the housing fallout of 2008, they never laid any employees off. Was very heartbroken when the company was sold.
A great place to work and grow
Sr. Support Specialist ~ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NYMarch 2, 2016
This was an amazing experience both professionally and personally. Everyday you learn something new, the people from home office in Lathem, NY were wonderful to work with and learn from. A great place to work!!!
Pros
People, caring, like a family
Cons
the market down turns
I have never worked for ING Financial Services
Head of Underwriting / Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 8, 2015
I worked for ING Direct which was a totally different company from ING Financial Services. It was a great place to work. Good working environment. An innovative company that set the standards for Banking on line and grew to become the largest on line bank in the country. ING Direct was acquired by Capital One.
New company payving the way in direct online banking
Data Services Developer (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud MNAugust 25, 2015
I loved working for ING Direct. The culture was like none other. The CEO was invested in the company and employees. He met regularly with associates. We grew the company together and we were all proud to work for the company.
Pros
Culture, benefits, onsite gym, learning, and training opportunites.
Cons
Too much turn around, no security
Payroll Associate, Consultant, Billing and Payroll (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 30, 2015
ING Service Center was bought out by Cognizant Technologies, a non US based company. The service center no longer offers security in the job and you could change jobs for no apparent reason every 4-6 months.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No Security
n/a
Facilities/Mail Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2015
not sure if the company is still around was fun while it lasted fun coworkers always kept busy enjoy time being there made lifelong friends
Ing
Senior Sales Director/Manager/Coach (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2015
ING was a fantastic company that helped lead the way and build a path for online banking. The company had great leadership from the top down. Innovative and unique. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to lead and inspire employees to grow and achieve their goals.
Pros
Cons
Movement
High energy work environment
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 27, 2015
Lots of company sponsored gatherings and networking events to meet clients. Supportive work environment with lots of feedback from senior advisors
ING Financial Services
Electronic Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 20, 2015
Mostly doing data entry and indexing for new and old clients that are investing or opening a new account with the company.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough pay
Allows me the flexability to enjoy family time, and pays on time.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ft Lauderdale FLMay 1, 2015
ING/VOYA is a great company to work for, you are an independent agent, which allows you to represent other companies and products. I manage my time with appointment schedules. They provide great training,which is easily accessible to all it's agents.
Pros
Great product lines, on time compensation.
What I learned
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2015
How to make sales calls and conduct sales meetings. How to provide comprehensive financial planning to high net worth clients.
great place work. best job i ever had
Account Relations Licensing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 14, 2015
loved everything about that job, money,hours, people. If ING would have never been purchased my capital one and laid everyone off i would have syill been working there.
Great co-workers and friendly environment to work with
Dispute Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 31, 2015
I enjoyed the time spent at ING Direct/Capital One. I felt that the atmosphere changed when Capital One acquired ING Direct, some changes were positive and some were an adjustment. I felt that Capital One did truly care about the associates and did their best to provide an opportunity for growth.
Asian entertainment company promoting asian concerts
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Great way to get up close with the asian artists and enjoy live music. Very fast paced work environment with full of energy fans.
Not a good place to work
Customer Service for 401k (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2015
After four years there, new supervisors with poor training and ideas that went out 100 years ago came in. The company adopted a culture of scare tactics, peer spying, and hiring temporary workers at a lower rate, then firing long time employees to be replaced by the lower paid temporaries. Went from hour lunch with two 15 minute breaks to 30 minute lunch with two 10 minute breaks.
Pros
great pto policy
Cons
everything else
ING Funds Scottsdale 2003-2007
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2014
A great place to grow and learn. I was an internal wholesaler from 2003-2005 and an external from 2005 to 2007. I should have never left. I thought I would have it better elsewhere and was I wrong. Yes, you have to play the game, but overall it is still a great desk to work on. Good people, good company and a great time in my career.
Pros
learn!
Cons
the heat in scottsdale