ING Financial Services Employee Reviews

Productivity, quick paced environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2017
People are nice and friendly. basically it is life work balance environment and work is full of productivity. you will feel full of energy everyday when you come to work
Very different from other bank when it was ING
Senior Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 6, 2017
Fast paced but exciting different, the company valued their employees as much as their customers. Very innovative company up best technology and opportunity to learn. Catching the bad guy was the best part of my day. Hardest part accepting their didn't promote many women
Pros
culture
Cons
promotions not there
Very nice atmosphere with many ammenities.
Continuing Education Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 18, 2017
Was an opportunity in a newly creative job that gave me great satisfaction and sense of great self-worth in a career accomplishment. Due to entire annuities department of 400 employees being cut, was sad to leave one of the best positions I had in all my years of working.
Pros
Great benefits and opportunity for self-accomplishment.
Cons
Regulations interfered with company keeping the annuities business.
Enjoyed my time working here...
Senior Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA, Denver, CO, Scottsdale, AZJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed the many years working at ING Investment Management. The users I supported over the years were some of the best part of my time there. Built many friendships, worked on many projects, and worked well with the business groups to understand their IT needs and the software they used.
Pros
Nice employees, good benefits, good work/life balance, great teams to work with.
Cons
Different site locations do not all operate the same, IT management was sometimes unprofessional and lacked proper focus.
Great work environment
Plan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 22, 2017
A typical day was a day spent sitting at the computer trying to be as productive as could be, knowing that working and being productive helps the economy grow. It was an encouraging environment team members were very helpful toward each other in accomplishing a common goal in an environment that was hostile free.
Fun productive place to work
Consultant AMC (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
A great team to work with and great work culture. My manager was willing to teach anytime no matter how much tired he was. Very good management skills and very helpful colleagues. All other teams were very friendly and helpful too. Great place to work which respect diversity. Proud to be a part of the team at ING.
Great Company
Information Security Intern (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJApril 17, 2017
Great company to work for. Open environment and everyone is friendly. Everyone is wiling to help. Have many resources for you to learn and expand knowledge.
Meh
Broker Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 1, 2017
Company no longer around. Good company but management was so 2 faced. Tell you one thing then do another. My department was laid off to create room in the budget for executive bonuses, so.....
Documentation and Accounts Analyst - Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2016
My manager was always available for feedback and often gave constructive criticism. He suggested many opportunities for me to his supervisor and included me in much of the conversation with regards to my duties.
Free drinks and snacks
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNNovember 10, 2016
Working on ING Direct was really fun for me.It was my first work experience and ING direct was opening the new office in Milan.
The environment was very formal and ordered and very demanding.
I learned a lot during this working experience and the working team was very friendly.
Diverse, fun and friendly, competitive enviroment
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2016
Co-workers are friendly and competitive on creating new accounts. Management always willing to help out to improve your selling skills. Every year a sales conference takes place where employees are recognized for their hard work and dedication. It is challenging and difficult at times to open new accounts.
Pros
employees recognized in sales conferences, contest prizes
Was a great bank to work for!
Sr. Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 1, 2016
Great benefits, competitive salary, on-site medical care and gym, management truly cared about their associates. Awesome culture and vision. Too bad the company was acquired.
Pros
Culture and Vision
Cons
Company was acquired
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 29, 2016
Great people to work with, i always prefer to come back.
Helpful people, helped in brushing up my skills, always willing to boost people up.
Sr. Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 14, 2016
ING US Financial services was a great place to work and offered best work/life balance. Co-workers are really good and was fun to work with them even in high pressure situations.
Productive, creative,discipline.
Cognos Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 15, 2016
I'm like to work with a team and It was very interesting and I loved to be part of the team as well as many of the projects and other assignments.
Job Security the Focus, Growth is Rare.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2016
It is hard to move up in the company. My group had many very nice intelligent hard-working motivated interesting people.
Best Culture Experience
ING Direct - Lead Technology Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 11, 2016
ING Direct was influential in leading the on-line banking experience through technology for all of their customers.

ING Direct was an 1,100 employee company. the small size gave us the opportunity to make decisions quickly and take immediate actions accordingly.

The leaders were open to recommendations, responded to inquiries and questions within hours.
Pros
People, Innovation, Systems & Tools
Cons
Was acquired
best company I ever worked for
Closing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 4, 2016
ING was very committed to their employees. Even during the housing fallout of 2008, they never laid any employees off. Was very heartbroken when the company was sold.
A great place to work and grow
Sr. Support Specialist ~ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NYMarch 2, 2016
This was an amazing experience both professionally and personally. Everyday you learn something new, the people from home office in Lathem, NY were wonderful to work with and learn from. A great place to work!!!
Pros
People, caring, like a family
Cons
the market down turns
I have never worked for ING Financial Services
Head of Underwriting / Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 8, 2015
I worked for ING Direct which was a totally different company from ING Financial Services. It was a great place to work. Good working environment. An innovative company that set the standards for Banking on line and grew to become the largest on line bank in the country. ING Direct was acquired by Capital One.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ING Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.