ING Financial Services Employee Reviews

worst company I ever worked for in my life!
customer contact rep (Former Employee) –  jacksonville flJanuary 7, 2014
I have never worked for a company that could care less about their employees. Short 10 min breaks, horrible ghetto supervisors, and horrible training. The work itself is very complex when trying to explain 401ks to someone. And the supervisors and managers are the worst! You can get written up and fired for basically anything! They basically treat the employees like robots instead of humans! It feels like you are chained to your desk, and if you leave your desk for any reason (restroom break), you will be harassed! I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy! I was there for 6 months and found another job!
Pros
alot of pto hours
Cons
everything!!!!!
Exciting and face paced environment with an emphasis on team culture
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 1, 2014
I arrived 45 minutes early to read up on the WSJ as well as any new economic data or reports. I than Reviewed emails and voice mails to align my planned day with any items that may need to be addressed first as a result of emails etc.
Depending on the day, I call out to financial advisers within the territory to thank them for recent trades while trying to define additional sectors where we could increase business. In addition I may go to a wire-house firm to present our focus funds to a group of 12-15 financial advisors over a lunch meeting.
Before I leave the office for the day, I review the following days on my planner to make any adjustment where necessary depending on anything new that may have come up and takes precedence over the existing tasks.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, opportunity to learn from experienced people
Cons
At times, there were too many internal meetings that would interfere with porductivity
Very Nice
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 26, 2013
Excellent Co-worker , lots of fun and challenge.learn new tools.
Successful direct bank built in 2000. Grew to 2400 employees by 2012.
Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 10, 2013
Fantastic opportunity to learn all areas of a growing marketing machine promoting saving your money. The teamwork we all put in to build the business presented us many opportunitities. ING DIRECT was an open, get it done, process improvment business all for the customer.
Pros
Young, Mid-sized company
Cons
Mid-sized company
Fun place providing property management for commercial businesses
Property Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 8, 2013
Most enjoyable staff, working together to provide the best management of the commercial buildings in the Washington DC area.
Not the best fit
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2013
Not the best fit. Management is poor and does not value their employees ideas.
Best entry level job!
Communications (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DelawareSeptember 28, 2013
Before it was bought out by Capital One this place was phenomenal. Everybody that you meet that has ever worked here will all say the same thing - it was truly the best job I've ever had.
I managed my client's financial assets through investment planning and strategic analysis, asset allocation, tax management and insurance planning.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2013
I provided financial guidance and innovative planning solutions for the financial needs of individuals and businesses, through investment planning and insurance products. I also helped clients with risk management and tax saving strategies. I learned how to perform in depth analyses of client financial accounts and prepare comprehensive financial plans, utilizing tools such as the Monte Carlo simulation and past market trends. My practice was self run, and i learned how to manage and build a book of business.
Client focused office with very knowledgable Investment Advisors and staff.
Customer Service/Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2013
My position was multifunctional.
Compliance Coordinator - daily review of incoming mail and transactions, generate the daily transaction and check log.
Marketing and sales assistant - maintain and order marketing materials and regulatory documents such as prospectuses, order business cards and stationary according to company compliance regs.
Office Assistant - procurement, equipment troubleshooting.

I learned a great deal in this job because I had not worked in the industry before. I started as a customer service person requiring a Series 6 and 63 licensing. Then on to a more compliance oriented position and Series 7 licensing.
The local office management was excellent. I believe companywide ING set the bar for transparency and customer service.
My co-workers were all long time employees with a wealth of knowledge that many drew upon. They were often the go-to people for other field offices.
The hardest part of my job was staying on top of all of the rules and regs.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with and the opportunity to help our clients.
Pros
If I had to pick just one it would be the benefits package. ING takes good care of their employees.
Cons
With cutbacks and reorganization we no longer had a local supervisor.
ING is a great company to work for, but you need to be ready for a challenge.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2013
Actually, for an Executive Assistant, there is no typical day, because no day is ever the same when working with multiple managers. However, it has been great being able to work for two different departments (HR and Enterprise Risk), especially with all the knowledge I have obtained from both areas. When I first started I was in the Talent Management department, where we assess talent within the company, then I moved to the HR Advisory group, where they actually coached identified talent in preparation for their assessments. Finally, I landed in the Enterprise Risk area, where we manage risk. I have really enjoyed my time at ING for the most part, however, since the IPO, we have been going through a restructuring process, which is proving to be very painful. My co-workers have been great, and I must say, the hardest part of my job has been seeing people leave that I have known since I my hire date in 2004. The most enjoyable part has been getting to know new people, being able to be a part of the ING Marathon, which will come to an end this year 2013. As well as, the overall diverse culture. Basically, ING is a great company for anyone starting out, but it is not for someone who is looking for a place to retire.
Pros
Health & Benefit Plan and Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
Pleasant work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 25, 2013
Customer Service representative. I answered the phones and answered customers questions and inputed their investments.
Great Bank
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  OttawaJuly 19, 2013
The fact that it's completely free and that even their checking account has an interest rate says it all
Pros
Everything is FREE
Cons
not enough ATM's
Hell on earth Call center
PSA (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaJune 27, 2013
This call center is run by two ghetto fabulous women that are loud and unprofessional. If the top is ghetto imagine how the entire call center is run. Training is a joke because the majority of the computers don't work. The training is ridiculous but easy to pass because the answers to the test are easy to find if you take the time too look. All tests and quizzes are on line and my class didn't learn anything but found the answers. This company does not care about quality only quantity. You can even get away with sexual harassment with good ole ING. When a manager does not like you, you are talked about on the smoke deck and they will not hesitate to micromanage you and have other managers watching your every move until they find something. I have 25 years in call center experience and this company by far is the WORST EVER. Unless you are just desperate for a job I ADVISE YOU NOT TO TAKE THIS ONE PLEASE! I enjoyed talking to the people but managers and coworkers suck especially if you are used to being professional. The profanity is widespread and rampant on all levels. This is the HOOD of all call centers! If you have a problem it will not be handled locally because HR is in another state and they honestly don't know what they are doing. If you report what you see you become a target and anyone associated with you becomes one as well. Only hood rats need apply!
Pros
you can get insurance being part time
Cons
unprofessional, micro manage, poor training, unethical behavior, hr is not local
Excellent work environment
International Equities Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2013
Excellent work environment, very hard working and motivated employees.
Very challengable work to learn new stuff
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 27, 2013
Very friendly and tough job. had to learn many things in one day. Learn some great lesson for future positon.
Worked with Good & knowledgeable team
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 10, 2013
ING gave me nice platform for me as a fresh. I really appreciate manager who I worked with.
Good Management
Employee 2 (Former Employee) –  Pheonix, AZJune 5, 2013
My department has great management - Every other department management was horrible. It takes forever to get things done and there is no job security. CEOs do road shows and visit the sites but no one cares, no one is invested in the company.
Many years of productive, learning experiences
Network Services Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY/Totowa, NJMay 30, 2013
A typical day at work was:
* read e-mails (if no other issues were occurring or had occurred during the prior evening/early morning)
* continue working on outstanding projects
* exposure to new systems: ie: CISCO, NEXUS sytems, 7K, 5K and 2K series (just to name a few)
* always available for support
* outstanding collaboration with colleagues
* being more aggressive
* smooth transitions, positive feedback, completing jobs on time to management's complete satisfaction
Typical corporate financial services firm.
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2013
Performed detailed financial analysis for the Settlements division including: month vs. month and budget vs. actual analyses, variance commentary and spending recommendations. In addition, prepared the annual budgets, MTP and rolling monthly forecasts for Settlements.
Professionals with excellent reputation in financial services
Multimedia Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2013
Great place to work. People are kind and caring, promote from within, and really look to help their client prepare for retirement.
Pros
Great People
Cons
B2B business model

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ING Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.