ING Group

ING Group Employer Reviews

Dynamic and internationally operating company
Managing Director Risk Management (Former Employee), AmsterdamDecember 12, 2013
Never a dull moment in the fast changing and complex financial sector. A pleasure to work with so many talented and ambitious people from so many different cultures and countries.
An employer in transition with clear-cut goals
Technical Writer / Retirement Plan Writer (Former Employee), Braintree, MAMay 30, 2013
ING is now a separately run American company. The Retirement Planning Services division is now administered in Hartford, Connecticut. Writing creatively, cohesively and intelligently with little or no supervision was the most interesting part of the job. The most difficult part of the job was coordinating the vast numbers of projects set to go live at the end of each month. Both parts though were equally stimulating and challenging. Management was cohesive and ambitious while staff were bound by a common purpose to succeed. Overall, a very pleasing experience with a company commanding an international influence.
Poor management and organization
Retirement Specialist (Current Employee), Windsor, CTJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: benefits, pto
Cons: poor management
In a typical day at ING one must depend solely on themselves to determine what to do for the day. The management is amongst the worst I've ever worked with, and is extremely uninvolved and disorganized. I was able to, however, use this to my advantage. As a self-motivator I was able to set goals for myself beyond those of others and quickly move my way up through the Customer Contact Center and into the Retirement Specialist department. There is a real sense of camaraderie amongst employees and I very much cherish the relationships that have developed in my tenure at ING.
A very relaxed yet proficient work enviornment with excellent work/life balance.
Retirement Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2012
Pros: friendly atmosphere, flexible scheduling, great benefits, tuition reimbursement, family oriented
Cons: none come to mind
ING was a fun and rewarding place to work. My day consisted of assisting callers by processing loans, distributions, and fund changes to their 401K and retirement accounts. I enjoyed the knowledge obtained throughout my employment due to the usefulness that I have taken with me in managing my own retirement. A job well done is always acknowledged and credit given where it is deserved. At times issues would arise that challenged myself and required extensive work even when the customer was not present, however the payoff was hearing the tone change in ones voice from concern to relief. Overall I would recommend employment by ING to anyone who qualifies and is seeking a great company to join.