ING Employee Reviews

Great people to work with company as whole treated me fairly.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 23, 2017
Working with people both internally and externally either by phone or in person was good. As I enjoy talking with people. Learned alot about life insurance and annuities which i had no real good knowledge before I started working there. Here is where I really gained good customer service practice and application in life.
Pros
Benefits outstanding, vacation time exceptional
Cons
management in local service center was less to be desired.
Good
Onsite IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 5, 2017
Great place to work. Good learning opportunities. Opportunity to work with cross domain and cross cultural teams located in varied geographies. Collaborative work environment.
Good
Cons
Na
Great Place to Work
Internal Wholesaler (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 18, 2017
ING offers a very competitive benefits package. It was a fantastic job to have being just out of college at the time. Great group of people who work together and truly want to help each other each. If interested in going into the finance field or financial services field, I highly recommend.
Multi culture company.
Senior Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksinville, FLMay 4, 2017
ING formerly Citistreet, with this company for 16 years. I enjoyed my position starting as a Benefits Analyst promoted to Senior Benefit Analyst, Team Lead to Senior Benefit Specialist. I enjoyed communicating with participant, resolving escalated issue, performing manual calculation. this company provide excellent benefits.
productive and fun work place
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  baskingApril 29, 2017
a place where you will want your loved one to be clients are very well taken care of. very happy and that is where you will realize that disability is not inability.
Pros
friendly management
Cons
nurses do same chores as pcas
Job Duties
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDApril 24, 2017
Wrote manuals for training guides for different systems
Held training classes to train on systems and policies
Help develop the software
Attended team meetings to keep up with changes
On the floor training once class room training was done
Good working relationships with internal and external clients
Built illustrations for life policies
ING is no longer a company so this review doesn't matter
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 12, 2017
ING purchased Aetna Financial and there was a bit of culture clash in 2000 when that happened. .

Much progress made and now they are Voya. Still have issues, but the 2 cultures are now blended into a single Voya Culture.
Pros
Nice facility, good cafe
Cons
In--fighting in the IT organization
Great Compnay
Tax/Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 4, 2017
Management was great and typical day of work included:
Respond to large volume of email requests
Respond to Task manager requests
Deliver plan reports to plan managers(withdrawal from plan)
Run reports identify tax errors-make tax corrections
Apply account assets to plans
Attend meetings
Pros
Yearly incentive bonus
Cons
No path for growth within the division
My career begins here.
SQL Server Developer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshMarch 20, 2017
It was a good experience.Management was friendly and encouraging.
I used to enjoy reporting rather than building complex queries but i manged both perfectly.
it was a challenge
Corporate Actions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2017
At first working at ING was okay. I felt that although this was more of a banking environment, that ING wanted to get more involved in the investment side and I had the opportunity to grow with them. But the challenge became more stressful when new management is brought in and they said to you 'I have no idea what you do'.
No longer exists
Shop Coordinator/ Corporate Buyer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 7, 2017
ING DIRECT no longer exists. It dissolved about 10 years ago and was bought by Capital One. I worked there so long ago that I am not able to provide any information that would still be valid.
Good job at the time
Sr. Internal Wholesaler (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 6, 2017
Enjoy the people I worked with and the job, it was challenging but rewarding. I liked the management and got along with everyone there. Unfortunately 2008 caused a large layoff of sales personnel.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Reacts to bad markets
stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEFebruary 11, 2017
Miss management of employee time as well as company resources turn the job into a very hostile place to work and led to my departure
term life insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 9, 2017
8 am - 5 pm. I learned term insurance rules, was salaried for some, small team, family environment, i didn't like telling people they had no insurance
Pros
salaried when reached benefit level
Cons
term insurance runs out
Very busy environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 22, 2017
They were a great company to work for. I previously worked for the Hartford Insurance Company where I received my original training and transitioning to the ING was easy.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Nothing negative to say. It was a job, not my career.
Very nice company, but unfortunately, they closed.
Manager- Settlements (Former Employee) –  Manila, ARJanuary 22, 2017
A busy day on a daily basis, I worked as trader in Philippine Stock
Exchange. I learned a lot of things, ie settlement of trades, and as part of the management team, I was able to contribute a lot of cost cutting measures. The hardest part of the job is when you cannot settle the transactions because of timing difference with other countries. The most enjoyable part of the job if to mingle with other brokerage representative and increase your network.
Pretty awesome job at the time
Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJanuary 19, 2017
I would go to work in the morning and have breakfast because we had a cafeteria inside the building. I learned so much about benefit plans and how the stock market works with 401k and mutual funds. Management was always busy and the culture there was fine and pleasant. My co-workers made that job fun.
Pros
Breakfast was free
Cons
The office closed and let most of us go
It was great until everything was outsourced
Financial Systems Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at ING, until they began to down-size all American associates. They farmed a lot of work out to India, and now the few that are are wondering when the company will be sold.
Productive workplace
FL. - Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2017
• Handled an average of 80-100 calls daily servicing current or potential customers, providers, agents, brokers, benefit administrators and consultants.
• Supported continuous improvements efforts through the identification and resolution of change management opportunities. Instituted various change initiatives with the assistance of internal business partners
ING's goal was to have a presence in US. Once that was done, ING restructured.
EA to Sr. VP/CIO and Sr. VP of Insurance Svs (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 18, 2016
Loved working for ING although ING is big business and constantly changing. The Denver location has ceased to exist unless people are working remotely resulting in many layoffs. ING changed focus and sold financial side of the business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ING. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval