ING Employee Reviews

Amazing efficient workplace that is very laid back
Desktop Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 29, 2016
A very lean company that was amazing to work for due to its outstanding technical staff that made a lot of progress with a small staff. The motto was work hard and play hard. Bonus compensation was excellent with great rewards for accomplishing stretch goals. Management was extremely knowledgeable but also very relaxed allowing the technical staff to do their job effectively.
Very corporate environment
Executive Administrative Assistant to CEO and CFO (Former Employee) –  1325 Avenue of the Americas, NYDecember 30, 2015
I worked with an extremely professional team. The CEO and CFO were personalities. CEO was not very organized so I had to make sure everything was in accordance. It required for me to be on top of everything all the time.

CFO was very organized and I really didn't need to assist him as much. He was very friendly, professional and smart.

If the Latin America Private Wealth Management Department will still be in business at ING, I will definitely be there with the same group.
Although it was a very short period of time, I am very happy with this experience.
Pros
Was always able to use my judgement.
Cons
Job security
have worked for around 2 years and have some dissconnect
Branch Operation & Service Head (Former Employee) –  new delhiSeptember 16, 2015
"Young workforce and good working environment"

"Too much politics, favoritism & hardly any employee engagement" (

"For associates working out of branches - infrastructure is of some concern"
Pros
Young workforce and good working environment "Not much work pressure, friendly middle management and colleagues, continuous feedback and encouragement to pursue new ideas"
Cons
Too much politics, favoritism hardly any employee engagement
Good place to work in my particular field
Senior Renewal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 6, 2016
ING was a good place to work. Management recognized when people were able to work without supervision The renewal team was a separate entity from the customer service departments. We were more than able to perform our duties with no supervision. When and if we needed help with something or getting information from a particular state we could turn to the compliance team and know that the help was there.
I was processing appointment renewals for 3 different companies in all the states
Senior Renewal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 7, 2016
ING gave me the opportunity to do something different but within the insurance industry. I processed all of the appointment renewals for 3 of the ING companies. I enjoyed having contact with the insurance departments of the various states while processing the appointments.
Great employees to work for rate them as verry good
Refresh Technician (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 4, 2016
As a contractor I would not recommend this place to be a place of employment. Management did not support their contract employees and contract employees were treated as second class people.
Pros
Great clients to beperforming service for.
Cons
No support for contract workers from managment during project
Great opportunity
Financial Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CANovember 27, 2015
Work hard and play hard. You can make as much as you put into it, just important to have a great support system to succeed. The company pays you well for our hard work.
Pros
Great career opportunity
Cons
very hard to make it
Ok place to work
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 17, 2015
I worked there several years ago - so it's possible things have changed. However, at the time it was not exactly pleasant. The day to day responsibilities were to take as many phone calls as possible. While sticking to the "recommended script" that they provided. Now mind, they said you did not have to follow the script - but you got marked down if you didn't. Doesn't make much sense. Management played favorites. If you didn't get high marks on your reviews, management was OBVIOUSLY not happy with you - to the point that other employees noticed. However, if you got a high review, they acted like they were your best friend.

I do have to say that I enjoyed my co-workers. They were all very nice. Salary was average. The company tried to accommodate for employees who has a long commute - but again as management played favorites, this was not always a guarantee. Sometimes it was held over your head - "better get your scores up or you are not going to get the hours you want..." Overall, I was able to tolerate it for a few years until I found something better.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
management is very immature
Work at your own risk
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 20, 2015
This company went from bad to worse once it switched from ING to Cognizant. It is not a reliable place to work you never know what account you are going to be placed on or if you are going to get laid off. You could be working on one account one day and the next you are placed "on the bench" until another account opens up or/and then the next day you are let go. very unstable working environment and stressful. upper management is not very respectful to their employees.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
micromanagement, benefits, uncomfortable work environment, long days no work/life balance
New facility with state-of-the-art amenities
Senior Desktop Technician /Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 6, 2016
Fast paced which promotes development of strong technical knowledge of desktop hardware and software along with a forte for problem-solving.
Unrewarding Culture with little opportunity for advancement
Continuous Improvement Change Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2016
working for ING for more than a decade, it became VOYA and a major leadership change occurred. at this point most of management is in the process of being removed and replaced with compensation.
Pros
benfits kick in on day 1
Cons
poor benefits
Great People in a tough environment
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 12, 2013
The best part of my day is the people I get to work with. Management had clear direction and my colleagues are great people. The industry has changed around the organization and it's caused some pain points from a sales perspective, however the people are showing commitment and perseverance. ING has been good to me with benefits and compensation and the PTO package is second to none. ING has taught me the value of the work life balance. My only area of dissatisfaction is the lack of upward mobility in an organization that should be better than the market realizes.
Pros
great benefits package, downtown location is convenient, visionary management
Cons
little advancement opportunity.
Good people - lack of movement
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 29, 2016
There were some great people here! Unfortunately management decisions were made on who you were friends with and not what you could do.
Really good working environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 3, 2016
Balanced commissions and ledger systems on daily, weekly, and monthly cycle and cleared suspended accounts
Participated in the monthly close process, including reconciliations and journal entries
Friendly working environment
Plan Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 6, 2016
A great place to work or known for specific hiring initiatives. A competitive and diverse atmosphere. The company is concerned about its employees, social issues, and green initiatives
productive and fun place to work
BSA. Team Management Project (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2016
Family oriented job. work life balance. does not come better than this. a round table. Productive place to work a knowledgeable team
understanding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 27, 2016
they work with the customer to give them the help they need to help them with their plan and what is need to process a death claim or cancel the policy
Friendly work place
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
working hours are very flexible and the team used to be very cooperative. Sometimes we go out for team lunches and monthly awards which helps the team members to work more
Very enjoyable workplace.
Financial Assistant Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2016
A typical day at the job is hard work but at the same time very fun. Everybody is really friendly and you can see that everyone enjoys their work.
Intern at ING
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day would consist of updating reports for the team. I learned how to create and edit spreadsheets on microsoft excel. My co-workers were of higher authority and were mentors to me. They were a huge help and great support. The heardest part of the job was adapting to an office rather than a classroom and completing different tasks but I learn fast and it was enjoyable learning new things and applying them.
Pros
new experience
Cons
long commute