ING Employee Reviews

Pretty awesome job at the time
Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJanuary 19, 2017
I would go to work in the morning and have breakfast because we had a cafeteria inside the building. I learned so much about benefit plans and how the stock market works with 401k and mutual funds. Management was always busy and the culture there was fine and pleasant. My co-workers made that job fun.
Pros
Breakfast was free
Cons
The office closed and let most of us go
It was great until everything was outsourced
Financial Systems Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at ING, until they began to down-size all American associates. They farmed a lot of work out to India, and now the few that are are wondering when the company will be sold.
Productive workplace
FL. - Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2017
• Handled an average of 80-100 calls daily servicing current or potential customers, providers, agents, brokers, benefit administrators and consultants.
• Supported continuous improvements efforts through the identification and resolution of change management opportunities. Instituted various change initiatives with the assistance of internal business partners
ING's goal was to have a presence in US. Once that was done, ING restructured.
EA to Sr. VP/CIO and Sr. VP of Insurance Svs (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 18, 2016
Loved working for ING although ING is big business and constantly changing. The Denver location has ceased to exist unless people are working remotely resulting in many layoffs. ING changed focus and sold financial side of the business.
Company in Change mode
Application Systems/ GL Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2016
The best part of my job is I get to help others in making there job easier and I get to work with many users within many different areas. I manage a team like I play team sports. I am all in with my team and my team gets full credit when we achieve are goals.
Pros
Vacation-PTO
Cons
Culture, New Management
Entrepreneurial, self-motivation, schedule flexibility and self-rewarding.
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 26, 2016
Management interaction minimal, Self-regulated discipline required, entrepreneurial qualities critical, extremely flexible schedule perfect for family/work balance, employment based on contract renewals, client base is generally very supportive.
New facility with state-of-the-art amenities
Senior Desktop Technician /Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 6, 2016
Fast paced which promotes development of strong technical knowledge of desktop hardware and software along with a forte for problem-solving.
I was processing appointment renewals for 3 different companies in all the states
Senior Renewal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 7, 2016
ING gave me the opportunity to do something different but within the insurance industry. I processed all of the appointment renewals for 3 of the ING companies. I enjoyed having contact with the insurance departments of the various states while processing the appointments.
Good people - lack of movement
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 29, 2016
There were some great people here! Unfortunately management decisions were made on who you were friends with and not what you could do.
Stressful workplace
Loan Project Manager (Former Employee) –  BrusselsJune 27, 2016
Very hard employee culture- limited growth opportunity but HR is helpful in job search. Opportunity to learn many services and offering.
Good place to work in my particular field
Senior Renewal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 6, 2016
ING was a good place to work. Management recognized when people were able to work without supervision The renewal team was a separate entity from the customer service departments. We were more than able to perform our duties with no supervision. When and if we needed help with something or getting information from a particular state we could turn to the compliance team and know that the help was there.
Plan Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 6, 2016
A great place to work or known for specific hiring initiatives. A competitive and diverse atmosphere. The company is concerned about its employees, social issues, and green initiatives
productive and fun place to work
BSA. Team Management Project (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2016
Family oriented job. work life balance. does not come better than this. a round table. Productive place to work a knowledgeable team
understanding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 27, 2016
they work with the customer to give them the help they need to help them with their plan and what is need to process a death claim or cancel the policy
Friendly work place
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
working hours are very flexible and the team used to be very cooperative. Sometimes we go out for team lunches and monthly awards which helps the team members to work more
Unrewarding Culture with little opportunity for advancement
Continuous Improvement Change Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2016
working for ING for more than a decade, it became VOYA and a major leadership change occurred. at this point most of management is in the process of being removed and replaced with compensation.
Pros
benfits kick in on day 1
Cons
poor benefits
Really good working environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 3, 2016
Balanced commissions and ledger systems on daily, weekly, and monthly cycle and cleared suspended accounts
Participated in the monthly close process, including reconciliations and journal entries
Friendly working environment
Very enjoyable workplace.
Financial Assistant Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2016
A typical day at the job is hard work but at the same time very fun. Everybody is really friendly and you can see that everyone enjoys their work.
ING Americas
Financial Systems Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2016
I worked there for eight years. I enjoyed my time there. The company is going through a lot of changes that have really demoralized people.
Very productive
Term issue Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMarch 27, 2016
Ensured that all insurance policies were completed in a timely manner and sent to processors for mailing policies. Ensured all work was completed properly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ING. Our community is ready to answer.