ING Employee Reviews

A total meat factory
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 2, 2015
They go through a lot of people there. Things always changing and lots of moving parts. The products however are solid.management is not all that in touch.
Supportive management and an environment suprisingly engaging staff
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2015
Management very visible, open and engaging with employees throughout various levels of the organization. Very refreshing to see in the financial services industry.
What you learned
Data Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 3, 2015
I was given an opportunity to shadow and learn a great deal in the IT field. I was given senior level duties and responsibilities.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Unable to work on site due to location
un trabajo dificil pero necesario
Consultores (Former Employee) –  dominican republicOctober 1, 2015
al principio fue un trabajo muy dificil y precario siempre era un problema con el transporte y el pago de los empleado , pero estabamos resien salido de la universidad y havia que trabajar en lo que fuera para la esperiencia laborar y seguir preparandoce . luego cambio todo para bien .
have worked for around 2 years and have some dissconnect
Branch Operation & Service Head (Former Employee) –  new delhiSeptember 16, 2015
"Young workforce and good working environment"

"Too much politics, favoritism & hardly any employee engagement" (

"For associates working out of branches - infrastructure is of some concern"
Pros
Young workforce and good working environment "Not much work pressure, friendly middle management and colleagues, continuous feedback and encouragement to pursue new ideas"
Cons
Too much politics, favoritism hardly any employee engagement
Enjoyed my co-workers and management
New Business Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 13, 2015
I had excellent benefits and was trained very well in the Client Service Representative position. I also helped with compliance. I made sure the clients were happy.
Pros
VacationPTO
Great business culture
Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 12, 2015
Professional environment and supportive upper level management and co-workers. Given challenging and advanced projects and the ability to enhance and develop business knowledge. Tough to leave, however, at the time of employment there wasn't very many opportunities for upward mobility. However, had amazing professional mentors.
A great learning experiance
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 3, 2015
I have learned more about life insurance then I have ever thought existed and with the knowledge I have learned I continue to grow
Ok place to work
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 17, 2015
I worked there several years ago - so it's possible things have changed. However, at the time it was not exactly pleasant. The day to day responsibilities were to take as many phone calls as possible. While sticking to the "recommended script" that they provided. Now mind, they said you did not have to follow the script - but you got marked down if you didn't. Doesn't make much sense. Management played favorites. If you didn't get high marks on your reviews, management was OBVIOUSLY not happy with you - to the point that other employees noticed. However, if you got a high review, they acted like they were your best friend.

I do have to say that I enjoyed my co-workers. They were all very nice. Salary was average. The company tried to accommodate for employees who has a long commute - but again as management played favorites, this was not always a guarantee. Sometimes it was held over your head - "better get your scores up or you are not going to get the hours you want..." Overall, I was able to tolerate it for a few years until I found something better.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
management is very immature
Great Place to work and now is Voya
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frazer, PAAugust 14, 2015
Enjoyed my time there and learned a lot. When the Executive promoted to various positions she took me with her. Learned a lot from her that I use today. She valued me.
Cons
Diversity, career and professional development.
Internal Communication Manager (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityAugust 7, 2015
ING Mexico was a product of several mergers between national (Mexican) and international companies (Dutch). Throughout the years this diversity became an asset and resulted in benefits for workers and clients who were more capable of understanding particular needs for multi-cultural societies.
As a global financial institution, ING is very aware of its impact on all its stakeholders, this responsibility is present in every action so Corporate Governance, Compliance, Personal Development and Corporate Responsibility were daily issues.

At ING I learned the importance of career development, experience and empathy. Also, having witnessed the increase in value of the Corporate Communication role inside companies and having participated directly in employee satisfaction, I feel these aspects have motivated and provided me with ample knowledge and opportunities in both my professional and personal life.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to meet co-workers from all over the world, all of them talented and motivated. Sharing experience and learning from them has been very enriching.

The hardest part of the job was deciding to leave ING, I relocated and decided to open my own business. It was a good decision but I miss the interaction and variety my job at ING provided.
Pros
Development, Benefits, Training
A fun place to work, fulfilling and rewarding job
Policy Assembly Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 3, 2015
I enjoyed being a policy assembly coordinator. I sorted through all paperwork that was given by the case managers and properly organized them in order then used a binder to create one copy for the client and one for their agent. I mailed out each policy by USPS, UPS, DHL, Fed-Ex or Airbourne. This job required attention to detail and I was really good at doing this and working well with the small 4 person team that we had.
Pros
My schedule stayed the same, many of my job duties were repetitive, they had great benefits
Great!!!!
Contract Change Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 3, 2015
Great Job to work at!!!!!!, The CEO is outstanding. Management is one of the best I have ever worked for in the State of North Dakota
Benefits
Poor environment
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MDAugust 1, 2015
There is a small council where there are many people who was introduce to the position just for being friend of someone, The process to access to any position looks too much difficult .
Great group of people!
Legal and Regulatory Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 25, 2015
There was a great group of people assembled and they did a fantastic job. This division and was sold and now go under the name Cetera.
Enjoyable place to work. Good people.
Administrative & Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 16, 2015
Enjoyed the opportunity to work with the staff and the clients. Learned much about finances attending seminars. Learned much about my natural skills with people and event planning.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2015
ING/VAYO is a well-known Financial company, and growing each day. The work environment is nice. Friendly employees, I recommend anyone who is looking for a new opportunity coming out of college ING Financial will be a good place to start.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great cukture
OPERATIONS MANAGER/COMPLIANCE/MARKETING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJuly 9, 2015
When ING bought Aetna Financial Services, I was a bit nervous about the culture shift. But ING proved to be a great company to work for,
Pros
great culture
Cons
long distance commute
Productive and fun people to work with
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 17, 2015
My typical day consisted of supervising a team of 8 employees, answering irate phone calls, processing loans on life insurance policies.
Pros
great people
Cons
healthcare
Independent Self Driven worker
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 31, 2015
organized schedules for Vice President, multiline phone system to intake calls from plan manager, adjusters, and clients working with the Worksite Trusts. Administrative duties of keeping an office smoothly run.