ING Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work
BSA. Team Management Project (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2016
Family oriented job. work life balance. does not come better than this. a round table. Productive place to work a knowledgeable team
understanding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 27, 2016
they work with the customer to give them the help they need to help them with their plan and what is need to process a death claim or cancel the policy
Friendly work place
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
working hours are very flexible and the team used to be very cooperative. Sometimes we go out for team lunches and monthly awards which helps the team members to work more
Unrewarding Culture with little opportunity for advancement
Continuous Improvement Change Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2016
working for ING for more than a decade, it became VOYA and a major leadership change occurred. at this point most of management is in the process of being removed and replaced with compensation.
Pros
benfits kick in on day 1
Cons
poor benefits
Really good working environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 3, 2016
Balanced commissions and ledger systems on daily, weekly, and monthly cycle and cleared suspended accounts
Participated in the monthly close process, including reconciliations and journal entries
Friendly working environment
Very enjoyable workplace.
Financial Assistant Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2016
A typical day at the job is hard work but at the same time very fun. Everybody is really friendly and you can see that everyone enjoys their work.
ING Americas
Financial Systems Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2016
I worked there for eight years. I enjoyed my time there. The company is going through a lot of changes that have really demoralized people.
Very productive
Term issue Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMarch 27, 2016
Ensured that all insurance policies were completed in a timely manner and sent to processors for mailing policies. Ensured all work was completed properly
Always interesting and very rewarding experience.
New Business Processor/Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 22, 2016
We worked from a queue daily. Once a document was pulled, it was my job to review for good order and or attach to other documents received. If not in good order,, then I would need to make a call to the beneficiary, or agent if requested by the bene to explain what is needed. Once the documents were deemed in good order, I would then generate a check to the beneficiary,
We also had research projects finding beneficiaries of a decedent. This included but not limited to finding the decedent's obituary online & locating the beneficiaries that were listed on the decedent's application for their contracts.
Also had to research for checks returned to see if a new check had already been issued and cashed or to find a new address of beneficiary,
Once ING outsourced to Cognizant Technology Solutions, gradually most jobs were outsourced to India.
Once that happened, Cognizant brought new jobs to our location, and I began my adventure in Customer Service for several new clients.
We temporarily helped a health program for Veterans, and then we took on a new well known children's clothing line that had 3 different clothing lines nationally. We helped customers place orders and helped with online issues/password resets. Also handled complaints and solved their issues to the best of our abilities.
Pros
ING actually allowed the employees to service the community, and was able to get paid our regualr wages while on company time.
Cons
ING/Voya outsourced to a third party - Cognizant and our jobs were outsourced to India..
Great employees to work for rate them as verry good
Refresh Technician (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 4, 2016
As a contractor I would not recommend this place to be a place of employment. Management did not support their contract employees and contract employees were treated as second class people.
Pros
Great clients to beperforming service for.
Cons
No support for contract workers from managment during project
Amazing efficient workplace that is very laid back
Desktop Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 29, 2016
A very lean company that was amazing to work for due to its outstanding technical staff that made a lot of progress with a small staff. The motto was work hard and play hard. Bonus compensation was excellent with great rewards for accomplishing stretch goals. Management was extremely knowledgeable but also very relaxed allowing the technical staff to do their job effectively.
Intern at ING
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day would consist of updating reports for the team. I learned how to create and edit spreadsheets on microsoft excel. My co-workers were of higher authority and were mentors to me. They were a huge help and great support. The heardest part of the job was adapting to an office rather than a classroom and completing different tasks but I learn fast and it was enjoyable learning new things and applying them.
Pros
new experience
Cons
long commute
Very corporate environment
Executive Administrative Assistant to CEO and CFO (Former Employee) –  1325 Avenue of the Americas, NYDecember 30, 2015
I worked with an extremely professional team. The CEO and CFO were personalities. CEO was not very organized so I had to make sure everything was in accordance. It required for me to be on top of everything all the time.

CFO was very organized and I really didn't need to assist him as much. He was very friendly, professional and smart.

If the Latin America Private Wealth Management Department will still be in business at ING, I will definitely be there with the same group.
Although it was a very short period of time, I am very happy with this experience.
Pros
Was always able to use my judgement.
Cons
Job security
Great opportunity
Financial Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CANovember 27, 2015
Work hard and play hard. You can make as much as you put into it, just important to have a great support system to succeed. The company pays you well for our hard work.
Pros
Great career opportunity
Cons
very hard to make it
A total meat factory
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 2, 2015
They go through a lot of people there. Things always changing and lots of moving parts. The products however are solid.management is not all that in touch.
Supportive management and an environment suprisingly engaging staff
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2015
Management very visible, open and engaging with employees throughout various levels of the organization. Very refreshing to see in the financial services industry.
What you learned
Data Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 3, 2015
I was given an opportunity to shadow and learn a great deal in the IT field. I was given senior level duties and responsibilities.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Unable to work on site due to location
un trabajo dificil pero necesario
Consultores (Former Employee) –  dominican republicOctober 1, 2015
al principio fue un trabajo muy dificil y precario siempre era un problema con el transporte y el pago de los empleado , pero estabamos resien salido de la universidad y havia que trabajar en lo que fuera para la esperiencia laborar y seguir preparandoce . luego cambio todo para bien .
Enjoyed my co-workers and management
New Business Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 13, 2015
I had excellent benefits and was trained very well in the Client Service Representative position. I also helped with compliance. I made sure the clients were happy.
Pros
VacationPTO
Great business culture
Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 12, 2015
Professional environment and supportive upper level management and co-workers. Given challenging and advanced projects and the ability to enhance and develop business knowledge. Tough to leave, however, at the time of employment there wasn't very many opportunities for upward mobility. However, had amazing professional mentors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ING. Our community is ready to answer.