ING Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 17, 2015
I worked there several years ago - so it's possible things have changed. However, at the time it was not exactly pleasant. The day to day responsibilities were to take as many phone calls as possible. While sticking to the "recommended script" that they provided. Now mind, they said you did not have to follow the script - but you got marked down if you didn't. Doesn't make much sense. Management played favorites. If you didn't get high marks on your reviews, management was OBVIOUSLY not happy with you - to the point that other employees noticed. However, if you got a high review, they acted like they were your best friend.

I do have to say that I enjoyed my co-workers. They were all very nice. Salary was average. The company tried to accommodate for employees who has a long commute - but again as management played favorites, this was not always a guarantee. Sometimes it was held over your head - "better get your scores up or you are not going to get the hours you want..." Overall, I was able to tolerate it for a few years until I found something better.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
management is very immature
Great Place to work and now is Voya
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frazer, PAAugust 14, 2015
Enjoyed my time there and learned a lot. When the Executive promoted to various positions she took me with her. Learned a lot from her that I use today. She valued me.
Cons
Diversity, career and professional development.
Internal Communication Manager (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityAugust 7, 2015
ING Mexico was a product of several mergers between national (Mexican) and international companies (Dutch). Throughout the years this diversity became an asset and resulted in benefits for workers and clients who were more capable of understanding particular needs for multi-cultural societies.
As a global financial institution, ING is very aware of its impact on all its stakeholders, this responsibility is present in every action so Corporate Governance, Compliance, Personal Development and Corporate Responsibility were daily issues.

At ING I learned the importance of career development, experience and empathy. Also, having witnessed the increase in value of the Corporate Communication role inside companies and having participated directly in employee satisfaction, I feel these aspects have motivated and provided me with ample knowledge and opportunities in both my professional and personal life.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to meet co-workers from all over the world, all of them talented and motivated. Sharing experience and learning from them has been very enriching.

The hardest part of the job was deciding to leave ING, I relocated and decided to open my own business. It was a good decision but I miss the interaction and variety my job at ING provided.
Pros
Development, Benefits, Training
A fun place to work, fulfilling and rewarding job
Policy Assembly Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 3, 2015
I enjoyed being a policy assembly coordinator. I sorted through all paperwork that was given by the case managers and properly organized them in order then used a binder to create one copy for the client and one for their agent. I mailed out each policy by USPS, UPS, DHL, Fed-Ex or Airbourne. This job required attention to detail and I was really good at doing this and working well with the small 4 person team that we had.
Pros
My schedule stayed the same, many of my job duties were repetitive, they had great benefits
Great!!!!
Contract Change Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 3, 2015
Great Job to work at!!!!!!, The CEO is outstanding. Management is one of the best I have ever worked for in the State of North Dakota
Benefits
Poor environment
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MDAugust 1, 2015
There is a small council where there are many people who was introduce to the position just for being friend of someone, The process to access to any position looks too much difficult .
Great group of people!
Legal and Regulatory Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 25, 2015
There was a great group of people assembled and they did a fantastic job. This division and was sold and now go under the name Cetera.
Enjoyable place to work. Good people.
Administrative & Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 16, 2015
Enjoyed the opportunity to work with the staff and the clients. Learned much about finances attending seminars. Learned much about my natural skills with people and event planning.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2015
ING/VAYO is a well-known Financial company, and growing each day. The work environment is nice. Friendly employees, I recommend anyone who is looking for a new opportunity coming out of college ING Financial will be a good place to start.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great cukture
OPERATIONS MANAGER/COMPLIANCE/MARKETING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJuly 9, 2015
When ING bought Aetna Financial Services, I was a bit nervous about the culture shift. But ING proved to be a great company to work for,
Pros
great culture
Cons
long distance commute
Productive and fun people to work with
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 17, 2015
My typical day consisted of supervising a team of 8 employees, answering irate phone calls, processing loans on life insurance policies.
Pros
great people
Cons
healthcare
Independent Self Driven worker
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 31, 2015
organized schedules for Vice President, multiline phone system to intake calls from plan manager, adjusters, and clients working with the Worksite Trusts. Administrative duties of keeping an office smoothly run.
Progressive Company, challenging and forward thinking
Head of Ind. Life Underwriting Shared Serv. (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 26, 2015
Managed multiple departments, worked as leader and team member on several projects regarding process changes and/or introduction of automation.
Managed budgets and completed project cost-benefit analysis.
Workplace was not to my expectations.
Registered Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLMay 14, 2015
Independent broker, spouse had separate business within the workplace. Responsibilites tended to cross over withing the two much different companies in the same office involving too many family members from both the Financial company and the Medical Transcription company within the same office space.
Pros
Learning new challenges.
Cons
healthcare, conflicts of interest between the two companies working in the same small office space.
productive
Sr. MicroStrategy Consultant (Former Employee) –  CTMay 6, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Self Learning
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaApril 25, 2015
Typical 8 hours work day.
Mostly self-planned, self-organized work.
Help organized customers' database.
Check renewal.
Submit case.
The best company to work for EVER
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 22, 2015
I loved working here but the building was sold and the company only owned the one. This was the best place to learn a new type resident. The office was wonderful and all the managers very nice. the pay was wonderful as well.
Work at your own risk
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 20, 2015
This company went from bad to worse once it switched from ING to Cognizant. It is not a reliable place to work you never know what account you are going to be placed on or if you are going to get laid off. You could be working on one account one day and the next you are placed "on the bench" until another account opens up or/and then the next day you are let go. very unstable working environment and stressful. upper management is not very respectful to their employees.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
micromanagement, benefits, uncomfortable work environment, long days no work/life balance
Excellent Community
TRS Access Management (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 12, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at ING (now VOYA) during my contract. It kept me routinely busy, and everybody was always very helpful if needed. The hardest part of the job, however, was keeping everything up-to-date since there were not many of us on the team within the U.S.
Pros
Enjoyable people, excellent environment
Cons
Contract work
Quality Review (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 24, 2015
I have worked here for 2 1/2 yrs I want to advance and not its time to move on for better oppertunities. I wanted to receive more than a .20 raise after working for 2 1/2 years. I work on the phones all day and that was not what I was hired for. Managment is so inconstant with everything. I love my Co works. The hardest part of the job is not knowingl if you will have a job every 3 months.
Pros
Great PTO
Cons
No stability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ING. Our community is ready to answer.