Ingalls Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work with decent benefits
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMay 18, 2016
Ingalls was a nice place to work during my time there. My bosses were all flexible with start time, within reason, and typically let me start at any time between 7:30 and 9:00.

While there Ingalls assisted me with going back to school for my Associates, and was flexible with evening times so that I could get to class. They were very supportive of my efforts to continue my education, and even had scholarships for employees and families of employees.

Managers and Directors were pretty hands on, and I got to know a lot of different people in different departments, which really helped when working on large projects. There were also a lot of opportunities to learn about new systems and acquire new skills in the course of my time there.
Pros
Nice cafeteria, flexible about working hours, lots of opportunities to learn and acquire new skills
Work condition
RN medical / surgical (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILOctober 21, 2015
Like working with colleagues. Unfortunately with new management, no support, bias with favoritism. New manager is not following corporate compliance regarding transferring position. If she likes you, you don't need to be in your present position for at least 6 months. New supervisor was accepted as staff nurse initially but in less than a month because they came from the same facility, step up to supervisor right away without finishing her probationary period or fulfilling hospital's policy of 6 months on the current job. Human Resource favor the new manager's decision. Forced to cross train in another department for just 4 days. If you refuse, you lose your job. Very stressful environment, high patient demands for care but less staff. One person does 4 job descriptions or more, like RN, CNA, housekeeping, Secretary, etc., back to back admissions in less than an hour on top of discharge, passing meds, making doctor's call, attending to patients and families request, etc. When you suggest during a conference, you are complaining. Pay scale and merit increase depends on who you are. No job security no matter how many decades you have served for the company.
Pros
Colleafues are friendly
Cons
poor atffing, no support from management, barely ever to get a lunch break on a 12hr shift, If you are on your break and if the patient or family wants you, you need to get up and attend to their needs. Rules always changes depending who the patients are.
Nice place to work
Vascular Ultrasound technologist (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILDecember 30, 2015
Big hospital with a small community feel. Friendly co-workers and proactive management. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Pros
growing hospital
Cons
no employee lunch discount
a nice, place to work
certified nursing assisted (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMay 25, 2015
10 years, I worked, at ingalls. Learn an lots, with this organization, medical terminology,. At the time,I was there, nurses' was wellness, meant, a lot, 100 percent care. After ,work ,there for 9, years, a big turnover, staff, became , very, short staff. Over worked and under paid.continued, to work,without,a raise in in 4 years. I highly, recommended, ingalls, the best doctors.
Pros
free lunch, at time.
Cons
short break
very productive work place
Clinical Associate/Medical Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILMarch 3, 2016
clinical associate, learned how to chart and put files together, manager was awesome, so where co-workers, no hard work at all. here I was an volunteer
Pros
free lunch
Cons
n/a
Ingalls was a nice place to work.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMarch 1, 2016
I loved Ingalls Hospital! I had the best charge nurse, and co-workers.The distance became an issue as time went on. It was difficult for me, having to take call and living more than 30 minutes away.
busy, great people to work with.
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Flossmoor, ILApril 27, 2016
Great place to learn for a first time job. learned a lot about PT and was able to float around in different settings. everyone is really nice
Overall I enjoyed my experience as a intern. What I received from my experience was knowledgeable and I was able to apply what I learned to my skills.
Phlebotomy Clinical Student (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMay 5, 2015
I went in to Ingalls Memorial as a student interning under the Phlebotomy Program of Moraine Valley Community College.

My day started cleaning my lab unit before seeing patients and stocking my area.
I learned so much as a student in how to prefect my skill by observing other phlebotomist. Everyone was nice and very helpful.
My skills improved each day I received a patient.
Venipuncture and butterfly system was the only system I used.
Management gave me things to do when there was down time. I observed their computer system (Soft Lab) by watching staff checking and receiving specimens from out-patient/in-patient in central processing.
I inoculated 5 blood cultures before sending them to microbiology.
I was not allowed to perform venipuncture on any patient that was 18 years or under, but I did observed children from 2 weeks to 18 years old.
I believe the hardest part of the job, but I found most challenging, was locating hard to find veins. I did miss but was able to redirect successfully. I enjoyed the patients and pleasing them when they realized I didn't hurt them when inserting needle. I have the soft touch.
Pros
I loved learning from each phlebotomist that trained me.
Cons
Observing politics in the work place.
Productivity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMay 3, 2015
Registration of out and inpatients. Scheduled testing. Bed Controller. Learned patience
The hardest part of my job was management. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers
Benefits
Cons
Managements
Quality care and high quality staff
Interventional Radiography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILNovember 6, 2015
Special procedures performed for many patients. Hospital promotes a caring and concerned staff to reassure patients while in for a variety of procedures.
Excellent place to work
Admission Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJune 21, 2015
Love the benefits, people, and company. Excellent place to grow. Ingalls is fair, great pay and good package for your future.
Mental Health with adults, adolecents , and senior population
Behavioral Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILFebruary 1, 2015
Unsure what unit you would work on a daily basis. Poor continuity of care. manage the computer and the med system. What I did learn more of is to set a faster pace to my work. As far as health care is concerned it was very difficult work trying to get the patients to participation.My coworkers varied in the investment of the care being delivered to the patient. The hardest part of the job was motivating my peers much less the patients. Group therapy was not a common thing to do with the patients.The management would only be concerned about the amount of patients we had nor the staffing according to the patient acuity.
Cons
the entire work place
Very heavy workload with little to no team work
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMarch 8, 2015
Some units are managed better than others and are actually fun. My particular unit was one of the worst. Ingalls as a whole isn't a bad place to work it would be a lot better if the management was more considerate when it comes to staffing on my unit standard ratio became 1:16 for CNA where nurses were capped at 6 patients. I understand we have different roles but that ratio is unreasonable.
Pros
pay rate was excellent!
Cons
staffing is horrible
co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILAugust 19, 2015
the co-workers there are nice. I liked coming to work on the days that my favorite co-worker were there. I knew the night would go by quickly.
Fun and Interesting
highest needs for Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILJune 9, 2015
Non stop work flow, always something new and exiting. Learned many great lessons and given life long advice from fellow employees and managers. Most enjoyable part about working i the medical field is you see and expierience different challenges throughout your shift. The hard part is coping with patients and loved ones in a emotional time.
Good place to get a start on career
Laboratory/Occupational Department-PRN (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJanuary 11, 2015
Good place to get a start on medical career. There are opportunities that present itself for you to bid to other departments; I encourage others to "move around"; helps build up your skills.
Pros
good place to get a start on medical careers.
Cons
sometimes missed lunches; but duty calls.
Amazing place to start you're experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMay 19, 2013
Working in Ingalls Memorial Hospital was the best experience i had. I learned a lot Blood smear, Blood Culture, and entering data in the computer. Loved the co-workers who tough me more than i know. And when it was my time to leave my shift i wouldn't feel it because, of it being busy and that's what i wanted to stay busy its better than doing nothing. the hardest part of the job when there is a lot of kids in one day i will be feeling so tired in the end of the day because they are hard stick.
Productive and rewarding in assisting people.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILMay 21, 2015
Working as a volunteer is very rewarding in that I meet new people every day. When I am able to assist them, I have a good feeling. A hospital environment is very pleasing for me to volunteer or work in.
Ingalls is a wonderful hospital!!
Registered Nurse, Med-Surg/Ortho (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILOctober 30, 2013
As a new grad nurse it was ingalls memorial hospital where I became familiar with the actual career choice I had made in college. I was precepted by an awesome rn, and learned a huge amount in the time I was there!! Working on a 59 bed unit with different types of patients ranging from acute care to chronic care, gave me the confidence I needed to boost my well chosen career in nursing!!
Pros
awesome work environment
Great Learning experience
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILFebruary 18, 2015
Being a part of helping change the lives of others that are dealing with life's ups and downs is a blessing. Ingalls is a great place to seek help and to get better. The staff is trained to facilitate the needed change to make lives better.