Ingalls Memorial Hospital

Ingalls Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun and Interesting
highest needs for Customer Service (Current Employee), Harvey, ILJune 9, 2015
Non stop work flow, always something new and exiting. Learned many great lessons and given life long advice from fellow employees and managers. Most enjoyable part about working i the medical field is you see and expierience different challenges throughout your shift. The hard part is coping with patients and loved ones in a emotional time.
a nice, place to work
certified nursing assisted (Former Employee), Harvey, ILMay 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch, at time.
Cons: short break
10 years, I worked, at ingalls. Learn an lots, with this organization, medical terminology,. At the time,I was there, nurses' was wellness, meant, a lot, 100 percent care. After ,work ,there for 9, years, a big turnover, staff, became , very, short staff. Over worked and under paid.continued, to work,without,a raise in in 4 years. I highly, recommended, ingalls, the best doctors.
Productive and rewarding in assisting people.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Harvey, ILMay 21, 2015
Working as a volunteer is very rewarding in that I meet new people every day. When I am able to assist them, I have a good feeling. A hospital environment is very pleasing for me to volunteer or work in.
Overall I enjoyed my experience as a intern. What I received from my experience was knowledgeable and I was able to apply what I learned to my skills.
Phlebotomy Clinical Student (Former Employee), Harvey, ILMay 5, 2015
Pros: I loved learning from each phlebotomist that trained me.
Cons: Observing politics in the work place.
I went in to Ingalls Memorial as a student interning under the Phlebotomy Program of Moraine Valley Community College.

My day started cleaning my lab unit before seeing patients and stocking my area. – more...
I learned so much as a student in how to prefect my skill by observing other phlebotomist. Everyone was nice and very helpful.
My skills improved each day I received a patient.
Venipuncture and butterfly system was the only system I used.
Management gave me things to do when there was down time. I observed their computer system (Soft Lab) by watching staff checking and receiving specimens from out-patient/in-patient in central processing.
I inoculated 5 blood cultures before sending them to microbiology.
I was not allowed to perform venipuncture on any patient that was 18 years or under, but I did observed children from 2 weeks to 18 years old.
I believe the hardest part of the job, but I found most challenging, was locating hard to find veins. I did miss but was able to redirect successfully. I enjoyed the patients and pleasing them when they realized I didn't hurt them when inserting needle. I have the soft touch. – less
Productivity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Harvey, ILMay 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Managements
Registration of out and inpatients. Scheduled testing. Bed Controller. Learned patience
The hardest part of my job was management. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers
Great experience
Student Nurse Associate (Former Employee), Harvey, ILApril 22, 2015
This position has afforded me the opportunity to develop my nursing skills and has allowed me to transition from novice to expert by experience. My time at Ingalls hospital has fostered my skills as an – more... RN and has helped me developed skills such as; caring for and treating patients; educating patients and family about diseases and medications; providing emotional support to family members of patients; maintaining medical records; administering medication; using advanced critical thinking skills; the acquirement of additional skills and knowledge (monitoring of patient with advance cardiac disease, EKG interpretation, and advance life support skills) the supervision – less
Friendly work enviroment
Clerk Typist (Former Employee), Harvey, ILMarch 19, 2015
I enjoyed the work environment and learned a lot about the company in the department I worked in. my supervisor was a wonderful person to work for.
Very heavy workload with little to no team work
Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Harvey, ILMarch 8, 2015
Pros: pay rate was excellent!
Cons: staffing is horrible
Some units are managed better than others and are actually fun. My particular unit was one of the worst. Ingalls as a whole isn't a bad place to work it would be a lot better if the management was more considerate when it comes to staffing on my unit standard ratio became 1:16 for CNA where nurses were capped at 6 patients. I understand we have different roles but that ratio is unreasonable.
Great Learning experience
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee), Harvey, ILFebruary 18, 2015
Being a part of helping change the lives of others that are dealing with life's ups and downs is a blessing. Ingalls is a great place to seek help and to get better. The staff is trained to facilitate the needed change to make lives better.
Diverse environment
Assistant Patient Care Manager (Current Employee), Harvey, ILFebruary 13, 2015
During my employment at Ingalls Emergency Room over the past 8 years, I have grown from a new grade RN to interim Manager as of (Feb, 2015). Ingalls taught me diversity, patience, and professionalism.
Mental Health with adults, adolecents , and senior population
Behavioral Health Nurse (Current Employee), Harvey, ILFebruary 1, 2015
Cons: the entire work place
Unsure what unit you would work on a daily basis. Poor continuity of care. manage the computer and the med system. What I did learn more of is to set a faster pace to my work. As far as health care is – more... concerned it was very difficult work trying to get the patients to participation.My coworkers varied in the investment of the care being delivered to the patient. The hardest part of the job was motivating my peers much less the patients. Group therapy was not a common thing to do with the patients.The management would only be concerned about the amount of patients we had nor the staffing according to the patient acuity. – less
Good place to get a start on career
Laboratory/Occupational Department-PRN (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good place to get a start on medical careers.
Cons: sometimes missed lunches; but duty calls.
Good place to get a start on medical career. There are opportunities that present itself for you to bid to other departments; I encourage others to "move around"; helps build up your skills.
productive work flow,flexable hours
Patient Financial Services (Current Employee), Harvey, ILDecember 14, 2014
Pros: steady work, flexable hours
Cons: pay is not comparable to other locations around the city and surburbs
the work is plenty and steady, some people work 10 hours shift for 4 days and off 3 days. The pay is lower than other competitors. over all my work experience has been with good managers and good people, not great! but tolerable.
Medical Assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Harvey il 60426November 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
I just finish 200 hours of externship for my medical assistant .The hardest part of the job is to work for free labor.
Great learning experience
Extern/Volunteer (Former Employee), Harvey, ILSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch, 6 am - 12pm
Cons: short breaks
As an extern I was able to shadow Registered Dietitians, which is the profession that I want to pursue.
My co - workers, or peers were other college students so we were able to relate to each other
The most enjoyable part had to be doing patient rounds
The hardest part would have to be the nutrition screenings at times
Great teams to be a part of.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Harvey, ILSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: i was able to become a private scrub for one of my favorite specialties.
Cons: on call being newly divorced single mom.
I absolutely loved working in surgery at Ingalls Memorial Hospital! They worked hard to give you time off or the ability to switch shifts if need be for doctor appointments for my child. I also appreciated the surgeons would teach you as they went along in some of the more rare cases. They made you feel like an important part of the team.
Enjoy cooking working in house keeping also worked with central process.
Cook/Cashier\Housekeeping\Central Processing (Former Employee), Harvey, ILAugust 24, 2014
I enjoyed working in all deparments a day in was very fast pasted environment the mangers were great it was all team work and i've learn how importainit is to be on a team the hardest part is that it can sometimes be a long day the good part is that at the end of the day all work was done and compleated.
Job Description:
Safety Attendant (Former Employee), Harvey, ILAugust 18, 2014
A typical day would be me monitoring patients that were a homicidal or suicidal for 8 hrs. The hardest part of the job was staying awake.
Produtive and fun place to learn more pharmacy.
Internship (Former Employee), Harvey,ILJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good place to learn pharmacy on hand
I learn how to work in a fast pace. Check work before having Pharmacists to check it. That it is okay to questions .
Unporportioned workloads among staff
Transportation Dispatcher (Former Employee), Harvey ILJune 24, 2014
Provided transport to patients to various departments throughout the hospital. I also delivered various things to the labs n other departments in the hospital i.e. charts, blood, beds, chairs.

1 2 3