Ingalls Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Average place to work, good experience
Assessment and Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILMarch 28, 2017
Not a lot of opportunities for advancement but a good place to start your career and gain a lot of experience. Most employees of the hospital are contractors so I cannot speak to the different departments
Fast paced medical Facility
Customer Associate Registration Department (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILMarch 16, 2017
I address patients regarding their health care coverage and needs. I have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. I have the ability to resolve complex issues and problem solve while win customer loyalty.
Pros
Great learning experience and knowlegde. Good Health Care plan
Cons
inconsistant hours
A typical day at work
Clinical Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Harvey, IL 60426March 6, 2017
I did not like working at Ingalls. My overall experience there was by far the worst of my career. The pay was not great, and the camaraderie among the employees was horrible. No team work or good management.
Ingall's Memorial was an enjoyable employment being able to work with the diversity of the community and to help provide in quality care.
Clinical Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Your workflow consisted in the volume of patient's utilizing the emergency room. I learned how to look for the optimum way to chart and prevent cost loss. Management was present for only several hours of my shift and communication was via e-mail. The workplace culture was professional and driven. The hardest part of my position was leaving due to job cuts. The most enjoyable was to work with the staff in the emergency room.
Pros
Pay, environment, benefits, sense of making a difference, working with a quality staff.
Cons
My job was cut per administrative budget cuts.
Very organized and productive facility
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Overall it was a very productive and safe work environment. Night shift was left to fend for them selves on many occasions. So it got quite messy. But when the manager was available things ran smoothly
Patient care is primary
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILJanuary 5, 2017
Working with patients with mental illness can be challenging; however it is rewarding in the end. As a Behavior Health Specialist patients are monitored and observed daily; group therapy sessions are held continuously which alleviates idle time, and utilizing coping skills are encouraged.
Pros
Working with the patients is a constant learning experience
Cons
Work part time as registry
The staff made the job
Illinois, as a medical-surgical/neurology nurse (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJanuary 2, 2017
The staff was nice, we were like family. Sometimes felt under appreciated by administration, but depending on the manager you work for,they will walk through fire for you.
Pros
staff works together
Cons
sometimes unable to get a break
Busy, fast paced, you get to meet a variety of personalities
Customer Associate Representative/ER (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILDecember 26, 2016
Busy, fast paced, you get to meet a variety of personalities. I was actually a part of a team whom worked together. Everyone says they are a team player, here its true. This hospital promotes team work.
Great place to work at, atmoshpere is lively.
Lean Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILDecember 9, 2016
Great place to work at, atmoshpere is lively. Employees are all helpful. Benefits are great. The cafeteria is expensive but all in all, Ingalls is a great place to be at.
Fast pace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILNovember 7, 2016
Can be great place of employment, up to the person to make daily correct choice and dedicate self. Everyone is not going to work the same unit everyday. Sometime you float daily sometime only once month.Good people work with, good benefits and are able to pick up shifts.
Pros
Really good benfits
Cons
very strict time policy
Great environment !!!
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILOctober 21, 2016
Located in south suburbs of City of Chicago ... easy acces from expressway !!!Great management ... opportunities for advancement ... accredited.... provides outstanding benefits and great 401K plan...Ingalls provides excellent customer service
Pros
Supervisor very flexible
nice place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Flossmoor, ILOctober 18, 2016
Calling patients back to collect blood and urine specimens or perform an EKG per doctors orders.
Print out reports of test performed. Result test results to the doctor in urgent aide department.
Pros
Nice company to work for.
Cons
The supervisor at the time didn't know how to properly supervise.
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILOctober 8, 2016
Everyone was friendly and worked together. Management seemed to care about employees. Departments worked well together.
it is a very good to to work at they work to fit your needs
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILSeptember 12, 2016
a typical day at work is coming in clocking in and greet people and give them passes where they need to go and how u can help them
Great comapny
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILSeptember 8, 2016
Great company everybody were really nice and accepting but ti seems as thought they would hire anybody. The patients was a joy to be around they had so much life in them in a such a short period of time wondeful to see to the residents happy
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
COWORKERS WERE LAZY
family like hospital
CNA/Phlebotomist/CMA/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILAugust 12, 2016
I loved working at Ingalls Hospital. I was introduced to some beautiful people, in which are my dear freinds today. My supervisor's were wonderful ans I was treated fairly.
Pros
good hours
Cons
location
Unorgnized
Physical Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILJuly 18, 2016
Unfortunately the organization of management of departments was poor and thus employee satisfaction was also poor. Work distribution was uneven. Also advancement was hard to achieve.
Constant work to keep busy. Lot of personality issues.Difficult management.
Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILJune 26, 2016
Work would include picking up batches of x-rays from various doctors and putting them in proper file jackets. Answer phones and fax reports to various offices. Would then need to go downstairs with stacks of files and put away numerically.
Pros
Liked organizing files and helping doctors and patients with what info they needed.
Cons
Management was difficult and turned a blind eye to problems. Lot of lifting and stairs.
Great place to work with decent benefits
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMay 18, 2016
Ingalls was a nice place to work during my time there. My bosses were all flexible with start time, within reason, and typically let me start at any time between 7:30 and 9:00.

While there Ingalls assisted me with going back to school for my Associates, and was flexible with evening times so that I could get to class. They were very supportive of my efforts to continue my education, and even had scholarships for employees and families of employees.

Managers and Directors were pretty hands on, and I got to know a lot of different people in different departments, which really helped when working on large projects. There were also a lot of opportunities to learn about new systems and acquire new skills in the course of my time there.
Pros
Nice cafeteria, flexible about working hours, lots of opportunities to learn and acquire new skills
busy, great people to work with.
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Flossmoor, ILApril 27, 2016
Great place to learn for a first time job. learned a lot about PT and was able to float around in different settings. everyone is really nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingalls Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.