Ingersoll-Rand Employee Reviews

Good Company
Inventory Control Expert (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 14, 2017
Ingersoll/Rand is a good company to work for. It has lots of benefits from health to learning processes that can be beneficial in ones work life as well as home life.
Productive and collaborative place to work at, good to employees
Environmental, Health and Safety Intern (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 6, 2017
Overall, this was an internship to help me learn what business is like at the corporate level and the everyday operations that run with it. They did alot to make the intern cohort work with one another and make it fun as well. I worked on miscellaneous safety projects and implemented them in the building.
Good place overall, lots of changes
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 3, 2017
Good place overall, lots of changes. Lots of global and business unit employment opportunities. Company is quite large so there should be many options.
Pros
Good engagement
Cons
lots of org changes
Exciting and Interesting Projects
Microsoft Access Developer/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 3, 2017
As Data Conversion is one of my specialties, I really enjoyed the opportunity to work with this company. It was challenging but also very fulfilling. The corporate culture was very collaborative and your teammates really seemed to care for you and about you! Would certainly do again if the opportunity arises.
Pros
Lunches & Potlucks
Cons
Some political issues sometimes
Quiet and friendly environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2017
Ingersoll-Rand was a temporary job. I filled in as receptionist whenever they needed me. Very friendly environment. Got along well with staff. Greeted visitors and directed them to their deistinations.
Pros
Fairly easy job.
Cons
Not much to do. Answered phone mainly.
Ok place to work.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 30, 2017
My typical day at IR was good. The most enjoyable part for me was the diversity of work assignments. The factory is huge and there is always something to do so the day went quickly.The pay was lower than prevailing wage. Overall it was a good fit for me. The management at IR is very strong and supportive. The main reason that I left is that I had another opportunity in my field. The hardest part of my employment was a very small group of older employees that are very disgruntled with their employment and complain virtually non-stop. The good news for me was that my job location put me far away from the childish complaining. I would recommend my position to someone who is looking for a low stress work environment. I'm not sure I would recommend a position when the individual would be in constant contact with the whiners.
Pros
On site cafeteria Strong management
Cons
Standardized break times Material procurement
Commodity Manager I (Current Employee) –  Davidson, NCNovember 27, 2017
Overall, Ingersoll Rand is a good place to work. The pay is adequate, the benefits are really good, and the people are friendly and hard-working. This is definitely run like a large corporation, so organic initiatives are hard to push. The executive leaders are doing a great job, however. No complaints there.
Pros
Healthcare, good vacation time, 401K
Cons
Fairly stressful, unrealistic goals to hit each year
Good work Place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 25, 2017
it will be a fun place to work and will make the work place more friendlier along with the environment. it will also teach leadership and teamwork. This will also relax employees and help them feel more like a family. This will also help with other ideas that can lead to a great working environment as well others coming in the workplace will get a warm feeling as well
Pros
Yes Varies
Cons
breaks could be longer
I enjoy the culture of the business and the diversity.
Procurement Analyst Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Davidson, NCNovember 20, 2017
I have enjoyed a more than 12 year career at Ingersoll Rand and have thoroughly enjoyed my time there but the constant changes in organization structure and insecurity about my current position have pushed me to see what else is available in the work force.
Pros
on campus activities including health progress
Cons
work life balance is the goal but not the reality
very seperated work crew
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYNovember 20, 2017
people had their clicks. had a lot of favorites and didn't treat every 1 equally. The management had a lack of communication with the line workers. And I couldn't get the amount of overtime I needed to succeed in life.
Pros
close to home
Cons
cant advance in the company
Disorganized
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mocksville, NCNovember 14, 2017
Cut.hours, always.being pulled to work for others. Great hours at the beginning, now they are laying off at the holidays and.chamging hours. If the hours are not ok with you you will lose your job
Disgusting attitude among all workers
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 11, 2017
The pay and benefits are decent, but the workers are absolutely sick. There is a huge gap between older employees and new employees. The older employees are constantly backstabbing all the new workers. Anything they can do to undermine new employees they will do. There is no limit to what they will do. The consequence of that is tremendous turnover of employees. The union is nothing more than a good old boys club that is used to further the interests of the older employees without any thought to anyone new coming in.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Backstabbing coworkers. No support from management.
Abysmal Atmosphere
Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCNovember 10, 2017
No management in day to day assignation or oversight of duties. No sense of teamwork, just petty, childish undermining between and within departments.
Decent
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 1, 2017
Co-op program is pretty nice.
Small town but a bunch of other co-ops around so its not too bad.
Projects might not be huge but gives you some experience
Poor office culture
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 30, 2017
Some of the office personnel were very difficult to work with - very negative work environment. The location was in a very unsafe neighborhood and the building was in horrible condition.
Pros
Pay was good, Work was fulfilling
Cons
Once a month pay, office culture, location
The truth not the idea
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 28, 2017
Hours unpredictable, managers favors original employees, more jobs you learn, you will not receive a pay raise, typically you work 10 hours a day but if needed you will work extra without warning, Fridays, Saturday, and Sunday are up for working no questions asked, you will make some friends
Pros
paid every week
Cons
heat during summer, ice cold during winter
IT Programmer
IT Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 25, 2017
Work-lefe balance was fair. They are willing to work on your schedule. The job required high expectations across several areas of IT. Some weekends / nights required.
Empresa com ambiente agradável
Work Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, Colorado, Estados UnidosOctober 23, 2017
Empresa com ambiente agradável, porém com pessoas com baixa qualificação em alguns cargos executivos, tornando as estratégias da empresa equivocadas em alguns casos.
Pros
Ambiente agradável
Cons
Vale-mercado com valor baixo
Hitler type of management
master Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 23, 2017
no support from management, hostel work environment, very mean, never a Christmas party or gift of anything. you where out in the field by your self.
Pros
Cons
had to work to there schedule, did not care about your family
Educational
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677October 21, 2017
During my period at Ingersoll Rand I worked in the audit department and the tax department and was able to add to my accounting and audit experience. I traveled in the United States and overseas to France.
Pros
Traveled across the US
Cons
Poor training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingersoll-Rand. Our community is ready to answer.